Sanctuary Cities

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I didn't know about Sanctuary Cities until it came up in the election campaign. Trump said he would cut off funding to Sanctuary Cities. So I assumed that meant that the Feds were funding them.

I googled 'Sanctuary Cities' and found out where they were. Guess what! They are in the areas where crime is high and the latest terrorist attacks have been taking place. Chicago, Baltimore, Houston and Austin, Seattle, Minneapolis to name a few.

Why would the Federal Government fund cities for protecting illegal immigrants? That seemed like a stupid idea to me!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I didn't know about Sanctuary Cities until it came up in the election campaign. Trump said he would cut off funding to Sanctuary Cities. So I assumed that meant that the Feds were funding them.

I googled 'Sanctuary Cities' and found out where they were. Guess what! They are in the areas where crime is high and the latest terrorist attacks have been taking place. Chicago, Baltimore, Houston and Austin, Seattle, Minneapolis to name a few.

Why would the Federal Government fund cities for protecting illegal immigrants? That seemed like a stupid idea to me!
Will you suggest cutting off funding for states that legalize marijuana? That violates Federal law and policy too.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Will you suggest cutting off funding for states that legalize marijuana? That violates Federal law and policy too.

Or the US could declare itself a sanctuary federation. You know, give us you poor...

Nag, too traditional-values. We need an army with jackboots.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Way ahead of you.

What about your public school teachers? You just never know where the next refugee will turn up. SMGs have slings, so just sling it on your back fully loaded while you teach. A snotty little refugee knocks on the door, blow 'I'm away.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What about your public school teachers? You just never know where the next refugee will turn up. SMGs have slings, so just sling it on your back fully loaded while you teach. A snotty little refugee knocks on the door, blow 'I'm away.
You been reading the new signs on the Texas public schools?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I always thought churches were sanctuary's , my how times have changed .

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I have a pair of doc martins,well worn,have had them forever,when I put those boots on I feel good about the feel and the emotion which comes with those boots.
Powerful boots,even more so when I teamed them with camo pants,more confidence,I loved the feel
I knew the mood I was creating,love these boots,always on the right feet

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I have a pair of doc martins,well worn,have had them forever,when I put those boots on I feel good about the feel and the emotion which comes with those boots.
Powerful boots,even more so when I teamed them with camo pants,more confidence,I loved the feel
I knew the mood I was creating,love these boots,always on the right feet
What about the left one?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I always thought churches were sanctuary's , my how times have changed .

Known as "Cities of Refuge" in ancient Israel, pgs:

"Six of the towns you give the Levites will be cities of refuge, to which a person who has killed someone may flee. In addition, give them forty-two other towns. In all you must give the Levites forty-eight towns, together with their pasturelands. The towns you give the Levites from the land the Israelites possess are to be given in proportion to the inheritance of each tribe: Take many towns from a tribe that has many, but few from one that has few.”

Then the Lord said to Moses: "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you cross the Jordan into Canaan, select some towns to be your cities of refuge, to which a person who has killed someone accidentally may flee. They will be places of refuge from the avenger, so that anyone accused of murder may not die before they stand trial before the assembly. These six towns you give will be your cities of refuge. Give three on this side of the Jordan and three in Canaan as cities of refuge. These six towns will be a place of refuge for Israelites and for foreigners residing among them, so that anyone who has killed another accidentally can flee there." (Numbers 35:6-15 NIV)

Times are changing, indeed.