Roe v. Wade overturned?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Or, people drive a few hours to a neighboring state and do it there.
Gas prices will have delivery of services change.

Your just old fashioned.

Think modern and Skip the Dishes and how we can now get Cannabis delivered.

Why not a pill or cut.

Regards
DL

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Gas prices will have delivery of services change.
Er... what now?

Your just old fashioned.
I'm not JUST old fashoned, i'm also pretty ornery as well :) But how is that relevant?

Think modern and Skip the Dishes and how we can now get Cannabis delivered.
So you're saying someone bought you dinner and got you high and now you need an abortion?? or,.. what are you saying here exactly?

Why not a pill or cut.
A pill or cut? Well - those basically are the two choices. If a pill will get the job done (which it won't in many cases) then you can try to order one of those and if you can't have it delivered then you can drive and go pick it up. If you are going under the knife you drive and get that done in a neighboring state. Pretty simple.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I mentioned this but of course he didn't believe it, or made excuses (busses for example).

Waste of breath, TB. He's gotta make his stocks in Tin Foil count!
Y'know, frankly I don't much give a rap about the distance somebody'd have to drive, or bus, or skateboard, or about cost, or about six weeks or fifteen weeks or twenty-four weeks, or any tearjerking stories of little girls raped by their stepfathers, or any of that.

The incredible intrusion into personal autonomy is what bugs me.

I've quoted Hodes & Nauser v. Schmidt several times, and yet none of the peanut gallery has ever tried to argue it. Know why? Because it's classic conservatism, true blue and through and through. Nothing makes a latter-day "conservative" more uncomfortable than the real deal. Just like nothing makes a self-righteous Christian more uncomfortable than Matthew 25:31-46.

Reactions: Serryah

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Er... what now?

I'm not JUST old fashoned, i'm also pretty ornery as well :) But how is that relevant?

So you're saying someone bought you dinner and got you high and now you need an abortion?? or,.. what are you saying here exactly?

A pill or cut? Well - those basically are the two choices. If a pill will get the job done (which it won't in many cases) then you can try to order one of those and if you can't have it delivered then you can drive and go pick it up. If you are going under the knife you drive and get that done in a neighboring state. Pretty simple.
Interstate crime is more severe than State law. No?

Regards
DL

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Regards
DL
Not really. Both can go up to death penalty. The Federal government usually has a better grade of cops and prosecutors, but that can cut either way. Most of the people being let out of prison for crimes they didn't commit went up on state convictions.

Regards
DL

Reactions: French Patriot

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Y'know, frankly I don't much give a rap about the distance somebody'd have to drive, or bus, or skateboard, or about cost, or about six weeks or fifteen weeks or twenty-four weeks, or any tearjerking stories of little girls raped by their stepfathers, or any of that.

The incredible intrusion into personal autonomy is what bugs me.

I've quoted Hodes & Nauser v. Schmidt several times, and yet none of the peanut gallery has ever tried to argue it. Know why? Because it's classic conservatism, true blue and through and through. Nothing makes a latter-day "conservative" more uncomfortable than the real deal. Just like nothing makes a self-righteous Christian more uncomfortable than Matthew 25:31-46.

TBH, the idea of denying someone their personal choice - the autonomy - is what gets me too.

I don't like people may use abortions as a way to stop a pregnancy because they're just stupid and lazy to use protection.

I don't like the idea of abortions because someone doesn't like the 'gender' of that future child (or the possibility of this being a thing).

But I also don't like that people who aren't involved are telling others what to do. It's not my business, it's not their business, it's the business of the person and really that's it.

Which is why I always go with if you're against abortions and women making that choice themselves, then how about we snip the boys to prevent pregnancies of anyone of X age and over so it is no longer an issue, no excuses, no exemptions.

Reactions: French Patriot

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
TBH, the idea of denying someone their personal choice - the autonomy - is what gets me too.

I don't like people may use abortions as a way to stop a pregnancy because they're just stupid and lazy to use protection.

I don't like the idea of abortions because someone doesn't like the 'gender' of that future child (or the possibility of this being a thing).

But I also don't like that people who aren't involved are telling others what to do. It's not my business, it's not their business, it's the business of the person and really that's it.

Which is why I always go with if you're against abortions and women making that choice themselves, then how about we snip the boys to prevent pregnancies of anyone of X age and over so it is no longer an issue, no excuses, no exemptions.
Restrict the rights of men's autonomy!!!!!

Bite your tongue woman.

That ain't Christian.

Tim211_half.jpg

It goes without saying, that I agree with your stance Serryah.

That is why I argue against religious misogyny.

Regards
DL

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Goddamn, I mean... great on him for giving a shit NOW... but why not BEFORE now?

Cause it took an actual in his face event to make him realize "what they do there matters".

Meanwhile, had the girl died, that death would be on HIM and others who voted for the bill.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Cause there are better, safer and really, abortions for a contraceptive excuse is just... no, for me, personally.

But I also won't freak out on anyone who does it for that reason. Again, in the end, it's not my business.
OK, for you personally. But ya know, people, and especially women, end up in bed for a lot of reasons, some of 'em really sad.

The last thing a woman who deeply regrets getting with the guy in the first place, and now finds herself pregnant, needs is a finger-wagging "I told you so!"

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
OK, for you personally. But ya know, people, and especially women, end up in bed for a lot of reasons, some of 'em really sad.

The last thing a woman who deeply regrets getting with the guy in the first place, and now finds herself pregnant, needs is a finger-wagging "I told you so!"

Oh absolutely to that last bit.

It's why I'm all for the Choice.

And why I'm also all for Keeping Out of that Choice.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh absolutely to that last bit.

It's why I'm all for the Choice.

And why I'm also all for Keeping Out of that Choice.
Having, in my time, driven a few women to get abortions (I mean "driven" as in I gave 'em a ride, not as in forced them to it), I tend to go with sympathy if they want it, or keeping my damn mouth shut.

Amusing anecdote. I had a car for part of the time I was stationed in Japan. One day I found myself transporting three different female friends to the base hospital for pregnancy testing. By the time we got to Number Three, I was getting some hard looks from the staff.

Yeah, like I'm that kind of an irresistable lady-killer. In my dreams.

The last one told me that a nurse had said to her "You know, you're the third woman he's been in here with today."

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I get what you're saying but you're coming at it from the wrong perspective. It has nothing to do with telling someone what to do. The people who believe in denying abortions believe the thing inside the woman is a child. IF that is TRUE - then it's got nothing to do with the woman's rights and everything to do with the child's human rights.

And we have long established as a socitety that we will step in if a child is having it's rights abused. If the thing ISN'T a child then nobody should care or at least nobody should have a say. But what we're really debating here when we're debating this stuff is 'when does a fetus become a human being with rights attached'.

There is really no such thing as 'woman's reproductive rights' any more than there's "Mens colonoscopy rights'. You should have the right to your own body and medical treatments. This is about human rights, specifically of the child, and whether or not they're applicable.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah and petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I get what you're saying but you're coming at it from the wrong perspective. It has nothing to do with telling someone what to do. The people who believe in denying abortions believe the thing inside the woman is a child. IF that is TRUE - then it's got nothing to do with the woman's rights and everything to do with the child's human rights.

And we have long established as a socitety that we will step in if a child is having it's rights abused. If the thing ISN'T a child then nobody should care or at least nobody should have a say. But what we're really debating here when we're debating this stuff is 'when does a fetus become a human being with rights attached'.

There is really no such thing as 'woman's reproductive rights' any more than there's "Mens colonoscopy rights'. You should have the right to your own body and medical treatments. This is about human rights, specifically of the child, and whether or not they're applicable.
OK, so a man who identifies as a woman is an abomination unto the Lard, and the cause of much shrieking and tearing of hair among the terrified morons, but four cells is a child in the alleged minds of that same constituency.

Sure. Why the hell not?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
OK, so a man who identifies as a woman is an abomination unto the Lard, and the cause of much shrieking and tearing of hair among the terrified morons, but four cells is a child in the alleged minds of that same constituency.

Sure. Why the hell not?
yeah that was a pretty rational argument :) Did you want to try that again? :)

Obviously at some point it goes from being an unfertilized egg to having to figure out how to pay it's student debts. Somewhere in between those two points it becomes a human being and rights attach. Insulting the people you disagree with won't change that, the debate has to focus on when that happens, At birth? At fertilization? in between?

It's a tough call but it's one a society has to make one way or another and address. Regardless of what crisco or any other lard producers think :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
yeah that was a pretty rational argument :) Did you want to try that again? :)

Obviously at some point it goes from being an unfertilized egg to having to figure out how to pay it's student debts. Somewhere in between those two points it becomes a human being and rights attach. Insulting the people you disagree with won't change that, the debate has to focus on when that happens, At birth? At fertilization? in between?

It's a tough call but it's one a society has to make one way or another and address. Regardless of what crisco or any other lard producers think :)
So why is an unfertilized egg not granted full legal rights and status?