RCMP attempt damage control in wake of B.C. video

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Removing somebody from their livelihood over unproven allegations is not due process. You do not believe in due process. If you did, you would have no problem with the way this situation is being dealt with.

It's not rocket science, I have no problem with a person being removed from their livelihood when they can't earn that livelihood. :smile:Charges have been laid which is a good indication the "allegations" are going to be proved officially- so far they've just been proved.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's not rocket science, I have no problem with a person being removed from their livelihood when they can't earn that livelihood. :smile:Charges have been laid which is a good indication the "allegations" are going to be proved officially- so far they've just been proved.

You can twist words all you want but you can't hide the fact that you don't believe in due process. I am so grateful your view is in the minority.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You can twist words all you want but you can't hide the fact that you don't believe in due process. I am so grateful your view is in the minority.

And you can make all the allegations you want but it doesn't get you any closer to the truth. :smile:

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
on the radio this morning, here in kelowna. Many of the higher RCMP Management types Are recommending Changes in the policies That include Suspension with pay.

I realize many RCMP officers have people making accusations against them that could cause them to have to do desk duty for periods of time. By being totally suspended with full pay sometimes for years and years Is something that must be changed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did they drug test the cop?

Illegal drug abuse runs rampant in policing. Rage and stupidity isn't always natural.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Did they drug test the cop?

Illegal drug abuse runs rampant in policing. Rage and stupidity isn't always natural.

There's a thought, we know some of them abuse booze, why not dope?

on the radio this morning, here in kelowna. Many of the higher RCMP Management types Are recommending Changes in the policies That include Suspension with pay.

I realize many RCMP officers have people making accusations against them that could cause them to have to do desk duty for periods of time. By being totally suspended with full pay sometimes for years and years Is something that must be changed.

I think the decision should be made by the Staff Sergeant, who must then be prepared to justify it with the powers that be.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No twisting Cannuck, I have a problem with someone being paid while he can't EARN it - you don't.

He can earn it. It's people like you that won't let him. I have no problem with him continuing to work while his case goes through the courts.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He can earn it. It's people like you that won't let him. I have no problem with him continuing to work while his case goes through the courts.
He will be. He'll be filing parking ticket warrants or answering the phone or whatever they have that isn't direct contact with public.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Why would you even want him working? If you need a cop do you want a guy showing up who could freak out on you? But hey, I'm going to play Devil's advocate and agree that his pay continue for the duration of the investigation......................... to go into a trust. If the decision is for him he gets the money, if the decision is against him the taxpayer gets it back. What can be fairer than that? :smile:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Why would you even want him working?

It's not a question of wanting him to work. He needs to work and suspending him without pay a punishing him without due process. That's your thing not mine.

to go into a trust. If the decision is for him he gets the money, if the decision is against him the taxpayer gets it back. What can be fairer than that? :smile:

If cleared, do we compensate him for the loss of his house and his car that he couldn't pay for due to his lost wages?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Cannuck; If cleared said:
His house and car are NOT our concern, if it's his concern he should have thought about that when kicking a disabled man in the face. He might try explaining the situation to the mortgage or loan companies. Your sympathy is for the wrong person, maybe the disabled guy who got his face stove in is missing mortgage payments. You sound like you've been talking to a fat cat Union exec. too much. Along with a lot of other Canadians I'm tired of supporting drones, parasites and sh*t disturbers- both blue collar and white collar. If the public has no confidence in a police officer, in reality (look it up in the dictionary) he has no job. Or do you think we should pay a guy $70,000 a year for sorting parking tickets? Time to get real man.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
A soccer kick to the head, of a man on his hands and knees isn't at the top of the list, especially when my gun is already drawn, and there is another officer on the scene.

Threat & Compliance - The person is not fully compliant until he is fully compliant - As I mentioned earlier and I will expand upon it - the angle of the kick could have been directed at his arms - that is legal and taught at Police academies - Now he missed or he did this deliberately -

Neither you, I or anyone on this forum knows that answer.

As Damm Grumpty mentions and I agree, to many incidents of Police violence and more control, civilian boards are needed.

But in DG reply is also as well as many Canadians that are fed up with Police use of excessive force/violence -
So could that be part of what is driving the Hang em High School of Thought on this Thread?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It would be nice to see a little more concern for the victim and less for the perpetrator on this thread.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
His house and car are NOT our concern

Of course they are our concern...well they are the concern of people like myself that don't see ourselves as judge, jury and executioner.

Your sympathy is for the wrong person,

So you feel that the idea that one is innocent until proven guilty is sympathizing with criminals. As I've said before, I get your philosophy. Thankfully, I'm more civilized than you. Frankly, I have no feelings one way or the other towards this man. Unlike you, I will wait for the process to unfold. I truly pity people like you that are so full of hate.