Rapporteur David Johnson, Eminent Canadian

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
With respect to election interference, I think the main issue is countries like China getting control of our Natural Resources by owning politicians that would vote in China's interest, rather than Canadian taxpayer's interest. China and India, and possibly some other countries looking to export more of their citizens to Canada. I suppose the US as well with resources, but our economies are so integrated that it is hard to tell what is foreign interference and what is just business as usual.Canada is resource rich, so there could be other countries that would want us to cut exports of products they need to sell on the world market.
Well. . . if China pays for those resources, why shouldn't China control them?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Well. . . if China pays for those resources, why shouldn't China control them?
I don't think they intend to pay for them. Or they get favourable treatment like they did with HD mine. In that case, they got to use Chinese labour at their own pay rate, instead of Canadian pay and bennies, and were not regulated by Canadian safety rules.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And now we're getting someplace close to my actual point. There are so many ways to funnel money to a candidate or her surrogates that the only effective way to keep political money "pure" is by a broad social consensus. But running a party or a country on hate makes such a consensus impossible. Hell, down here we're so high on hate that a mediocre candidate is running neck-and-neck with a convicted felon who has been found liable for cheating, lying, sexual assault, racial discrimination, and really bad makeup.
And who is this mediocre candidate ? Kackling Kamala is far from mediocre , she is down right awful . And the hate directed towards the convicted felon ( LOL ) coming from your side started towards that felon the moment he announced his run . Long before the long arm of your Justice Department decided to play lawfare .
Harris mediocre , that is the funniest thing you have posted all year .

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I see it as a choice between bad(Trump) and evil(Harris). No wonder voter turnout is so low. One would think in a country nearing 400 million people, some better candidates could be found.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And now we're getting someplace close to my actual point. There are so many ways to funnel money to a candidate or her surrogates that the only effective way to keep political money "pure" is by a broad social consensus. But running a party or a country on hate makes such a consensus impossible. Hell, down here we're so high on hate that a mediocre candidate is running neck-and-neck with a convicted felon who has been found liable for cheating, lying, sexual assault, racial discrimination, and really bad makeup.
Why is there so much hate anyway? It never used to be this way. I believe it's all down to the Progressives, anarchists & Marxists leaders that we have in (both) governments who have destroyed the cohesion we used to have. They've done it on purpose so that people become pissed enough that they want governments to "do something" and when they do "do something" it's usually not to OUR benefit but to theirs!

Politics in the last 20 or so years (maybe more) are solely responsible for all the hatred out there, the divisive policies & hateful comments towards one another. It's disgusting.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why is there so much hate anyway? It never used to be this way. I believe it's all down to the Progressives, anarchists & Marxists leaders that we have in (both) governments who have destroyed the cohesion we used to have. They've done it on purpose so that people become pissed enough that they want governments to "do something" and when they do "do something" it's usually not to OUR benefit but to theirs!

Politics in the last 20 or so years (maybe more) are solely responsible for all the hatred out there, the divisive policies & hateful comments towards one another. It's disgusting.
Of course. The other side always started it. Your side is pure, innocent, and when you express anger and hate, it's because those bastards done ya wrong!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Of course. The other side always started it. Your side is pure, innocent, and when you express anger and hate, it's because those bastards done ya wrong!
How you read so much that isn’t there . Why such a chip on the shoulder when you are the first to hurl anger , hate and derision at any and all posters .