Rapporteur David Johnson, Eminent Canadian

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The trouble with lying . The story always changes .
Well, now we know a little more…
Here’s one newsworthy thing that has emerged from the hearings: either by design or incompetence, the Trudeau government did not forcefully or actively respond to Beijing’s interference operations in the 2019 or the 2021 elections. Not by way of the Security and Intelligence Threats to Elections Task Force, and not by way of the panel of five senior public servants attending to the “Critical Election Incident Public Protocol.”
1712916137820.jpeg
Another thing: Trudeau, his chief of staff Katie Telford and Jeremy Broadhurst, the Liberals’ national campaign director during the 2019 election, all went out of their way this week to impugn the various CSIS findings about the breadth and scope of Beijing’s subterfuge in Canada as unreliable, implausible and sometimes even inaccurate.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s testimony before the Foreign Interference Commission may have shed more light on his work habits than it did on existential threats to this country’s elections.
Apparently he’s too busy doing fun things, like partying with the Aga Khan and choosing fancy socks, to pay attention to this country’s national security.

“The best way to convey information to me is to receive a direct briefing from my national security adviser and intelligence adviser,” he said. That was a change from the, “I don’t recall” response that’s the go-to response for politicians and bureaucrats on the hot seat, but it’s hardly reassuring about the integrity of this country’s leadership.
It also contradicts what Trudeau’s chief of staff, Katie Telford, told a Commons committee last year, when she insisted her boss, “spends a lot of time with and most definitely reads” his briefing notes.
1712916190112.jpeg
Which one is it? Is the PM lazy, preferring his briefings via Audiobooks? Or is he merely incompetent?
So he’s questioning the veracity of the information he didn’t read? We’re left wondering whether we should fret about our intelligence agency getting things so wrong or our PM for not bothering to read what they said.

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Here’s one newsworthy thing that has emerged from the hearings: either by design or incompetence, the Trudeau government did not forcefully or actively respond to Beijing’s interference operations in the 2019 or the 2021 elections. Not by way of the Security and Intelligence Threats to Elections Task Force, and not by way of the panel of five senior public servants attending to the “Critical Election Incident Public Protocol.”
View attachment 21751
Another thing: Trudeau, his chief of staff Katie Telford and Jeremy Broadhurst, the Liberals’ national campaign director during the 2019 election, all went out of their way this week to impugn the various CSIS findings about the breadth and scope of Beijing’s subterfuge in Canada as unreliable, implausible and sometimes even inaccurate.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s testimony before the Foreign Interference Commission may have shed more light on his work habits than it did on existential threats to this country’s elections.
Apparently he’s too busy doing fun things, like partying with the Aga Khan and choosing fancy socks, to pay attention to this country’s national security.

“The best way to convey information to me is to receive a direct briefing from my national security adviser and intelligence adviser,” he said. That was a change from the, “I don’t recall” response that’s the go-to response for politicians and bureaucrats on the hot seat, but it’s hardly reassuring about the integrity of this country’s leadership.
It also contradicts what Trudeau’s chief of staff, Katie Telford, told a Commons committee last year, when she insisted her boss, “spends a lot of time with and most definitely reads” his briefing notes.
View attachment 21752
Which one is it? Is the PM lazy, preferring his briefings via Audiobooks? Or is he merely incompetent?
So he’s questioning the veracity of the information he didn’t read? We’re left wondering whether we should fret about our intelligence agency getting things so wrong or our PM for not bothering to read what they said.
Lazy incompetent and uninterested . Sunny ways .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
View attachment 21751

View attachment 21752
Lazy incompetent and uninterested . Sunny ways .
I watch TV, the only guys who run from the cops are the guilty ones in blackface.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It’s not a problem if you can manipulate it to your benefit.
…& control access to its existence, & ban as mis/cis/dis-information the exposure of the details surrounding it, and selectively steer benefits to your advantage and against you political opponents in Canada. In that sense foreign political interference is a win-win-win situation???