Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Oooooooooooh Cliffy- Is that nice?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What? You think a gathering of psychopaths is a good thing? Actually, it hit my funny bone, which is why I post a lot of stuff.

Just people trying to do a job...................................and a good paying job at that! :)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
GOPer Caught On Tape Explaining How She’ll Redistrict Black Democratic Colleague Out Of Office

GOPer Caught On Tape Explaining How She’ll Redistrict Black Democratic Colleague Out Of Office (AUDIO) «

For years now, people have been noticing that to win elections, Republicans haven’t just bent the rules, they seem to have abandoned the “democracy” game altogether. Apparently unable to win elections fair-and-square, conservatives have increasingly relied on “redistricting” areas that they would have no chance of winning into more favorable seats. And while the practice should be considered an affront to the very idea of an open democracy, it has apparently become so commonplace for lawmakers that one was just caught on tape dryly explaining how she planned to use the technique to defeat her African-American Democratic colleague.

Rep. Janet Adkins was at a private gathering during a meeting of the Republican Party of Florida. Rather than focus on things like plugging the numerous holes in the Republican sinking ship, Adkins was hatching a plan to steal the election instead. According to tapes secretly recorded and leaked to POLITICO, Adkins wanted to kick long-time liberal congresswoman Corrine Brown out of office by carefully redrawing her district to include as many prisons as possible. Prisoners, you may recall, cannot vote. But first, she made everyone swear that there were no reporters in the room that would rat on her.

“Let me give you inside ball game. Are there any reporters in here?” she said. “Any reporters? OK. So, inside ball game.”

Before saying:

“You draw in such a fashion so perhaps, a majority, or maybe not a majority, but a number of them will live in the prisons, thereby not being able to vote,” said Adkins, a Nassau County Republican, referring to black residents.

Adkins concluded by saying the fact that so many minorities are in prisons where they are listed in the census but aren’t actually allowed to vote is the “perfect storm” to beating a Democrat if the district was redrawn just so.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Republican Translator: Your Go-To Guide For Understanding GOP Catchphrases

States Rights: This is often used with issues that conservatives want to throw hissy fits over (gun rights, marriage equality, slavery, etc.) and don’t want the silly federal government to pull its trump card — the Supremacy Clause.
Liberal Media: Any media outlet that isn’t Fox News and won’t cater to scripted questions and answers. Otherwise known as fact-based, honest reporting.
Gotcha Questions: You’ll hear this one a lot when Republicans are asked questions they don’t know the answer to, or know that an honest answer will hurt their image. It basically means they’re embarrassed they just got caught being an idiot.
Judicial Activism: Any time the Supreme Court sides with the Constitution over conservatives’ bigoted opinions on how they think things should be run (ex. Obamacare, marriage equality, etc.).
Playing the Race Card: When they know they’re racist, but want to blame whoever calls them out on it.
Entitlements: Programs citizens have paid for and are, in fact, entitled to (Social Security, Medicare), but the GOP wants taxpayers to think they’re somehow getting ripped off by the poor.
Right-to-Life: Control over the medical decisions of women. This phrase has nothing to do with “life” because the same people who claim to be “pro-life” are also pro-war, pro-death penalty and anti-taking care of people who are already born.
War on Terror: Sending troops to influence nations with an abundance of oil.

More: Republican Translator: Your Go-To Guide For Understanding GOP Catchphrases «

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don't know about anyone else but I'm getting kind of tired of the incessant sh*t on U.S. politics. It's turning into a real Gong show!

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Obama mocks Republicans: They say they can handle Putin, but not CNBC moderators

"Have you noticed that everyone of these candidates say, 'Obama's weak. Putin's kicking sand in his face. When I talk to Putin, he's going to straighten out,'" Obama said, impersonating a refrain among Republican candidates that he's allowed Russian President Vladimir Putin too much leeway.

"Then it turns out they can't handle a bunch of CNBC moderators at the debate. Let me tell you, if you can't handle those guys, then I don't think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you," Obama said.

President Barack Obama rips into 2016 GOP field - CNNPolitics.com

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Obama mocks Republicans: They say they can handle Putin, but not CNBC moderators

"Have you noticed that everyone of these candidates say, 'Obama's weak. Putin's kicking sand in his face. When I talk to Putin, he's going to straighten out,'" Obama said, impersonating a refrain among Republican candidates that he's allowed Russian President Vladimir Putin too much leeway.

"Then it turns out they can't handle a bunch of CNBC moderators at the debate. Let me tell you, if you can't handle those guys, then I don't think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you," Obama said.

President Barack Obama rips into 2016 GOP field - CNNPolitics.com
According to all sources including the lefty press those CNBC moderators were ripped a new one by the candidates, especially by Cruz. It's BHO who was afraid of FOX and backed out of a 2007 debate with FOX moderators in charge. BHO is a putz.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Don't know about anyone else but I'm getting kind of tired of the incessant sh*t on U.S. politics. It's turning into a real Gong show!
The solution for your problem, grasshopper, is to stay out of the clearly-labelled "US-American Politics" forum.