Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Queen's children hold second vigil for their mother in Westminster Hall tonight

The King, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward hold another vigil

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Sounds like the Queen's beloved Commonwealth. Two more countries joined in June this year: Gabon and Togo.

They are two former French colonies who, for some reason, decided to join the Commonwealth rather than the Francophone.

The Commonwealth now has 56 members.

Being part of the Commonwealth should mean more.

Easier to travel to those places.

Easier to go LIVE in those places.

Maybe a "Commonwealth Passport" which helps to bypass the usual BS of going to visit places.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Being part of the Commonwealth should mean more.

Easier to travel to those places.

Easier to go LIVE in those places.

Maybe a "Commonwealth Passport" which helps to bypass the usual BS of going to visit places.

No, thank you. We quit the EU to escape freedom of movement and we're having a hard time coping with all the Middle Easterners and Africans coming over from France on dinghies, so I don't fancy the prospect of 2.4 billion people being allowed to come and live in the United Kingdom.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No, thank you. We quit the EU to escape freedom of movement and we're having a hard time coping with all the Middle Easterners and Africans coming over from France on dinghies, so I don't fancy the prospect of 2.4 billion people being allowed to come and live in the United Kingdom.

So why bother to be 'good' about the Commonwealth?

As if 2.4 BILLION people would all suddenly want to move to the UK?

AS IF.

But of course you only focus on the UK and not even clue in this was about ALL Commonwealth countries.

Other bonus? It'd allow trained/educated people to relocate and work with easier access to their professions, like doctors. If a doctor trained in New Zealand, there shouldn't be the hassle to work in, say, Canada.

But the benefits would be lost on you, obviously.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So why bother to be 'good' about the Commonwealth?

As if 2.4 BILLION people would all suddenly want to move to the UK?

AS IF.

But of course you only focus on the UK and not even clue in this was about ALL Commonwealth countries.

Other bonus? It'd allow trained/educated people to relocate and work with easier access to their professions, like doctors. If a doctor trained in New Zealand, there shouldn't be the hassle to work in, say, Canada.

But the benefits would be lost on you, obviously.

Why would we want to leave our doors wide open to 2.4 billion people, or even just a million people? We're full. There's no room. We need a massive clampdown on immigration, not open the floodgates.

Show a bit of commonsense.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why would we want to leave our doors wide open to 2.4 billion people, or even just a million people? We're full. There's no room. We need a massive clampdown on immigration, not open the floodgates.

Why don't you ship off people to Oz, or Virginia, like you used to back when you had testicles?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

LMFAO

A billion, a million - Give your damned egotistical head a shake, Blackie. Not THAT many people would want to move to the UK.

Then too, how many from the UK wouldn't mind being able to go to another Commonwealth country with less hassle? More than I'm sure you'd imagine.

Any sense, common or otherwise, is still better than YOUR absolute dribble.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why don't you ship off people to Oz, or Virginia, like you used to back when you had testicles?

Our Prime Minister doesn't have testicles.

But if I were PM I'd send all the lovely young Somalian dinghy divers to America and Canada - I'm sure they'd make a positive contribution to your societies - and order the Royal Navy to physically destroy all those resisting capture by the Border Force to be transported to the Colonies.

• Haha

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
LMFAO

A billion, a million - Give your damned egotistical head a shake, Blackie. Not THAT many people would want to move to the UK.

I'm quite sure there's a lot more than a million Commonwealth citizens who want to move to the UK. And we have no room for them.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Our Prime Minister doesn't have testicles.

But if I were PM I'd send all the lovely young Somalian dinghy divers to America and Canada - I'm sure they'd make a positive contribution to your societies - and order the Royal Navy to physically destroy all those resisting capture by the Border Force to be transported to the Colonies.

Oh hun, the British Empire is done and 'you' have no "Colonies" to ship anyone to.

But maybe you're right. Considering YOUR Xenophobia, going to the UK isn't something 2.4 billion, 1 billion, or ANYONE should do.

(thankfully the friends I have there are better than you Blackie and have offered me places to stay should I ever take up their offers)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1:17 am and thousands are still filing past the coffin in Westminster Hall on this chilly autumn night...

Alberta's premier 'doing work calls' from queue​

Among those in the queue to see the Queen's coffin in London is Jason Kenney, the premier of Canada's Alberta province.

On Twitter, Jason Kenney - the leader of the United Conservative Party - says he is ready for a more than 14-hour wait.

"There's a profound sense of shared grief [and] affection for HM in this huge, diverse gathering of people from around the globe," he writes.

Kenney, however, says he will not be idle while waiting for his opportunity to enter Westminster Hall.

"I’m doing briefings and work calls from the queue, and will be back in Edmonton on Monday for Alberta’s memorial service for our late Queen, who served as our head of state for well over half of Alberta’s existence," he writes in a subsequent tweet.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Oh hun, the British Empire is done and 'you' have no "Colonies" to ship anyone to.

But maybe you're right. Considering YOUR Xenophobia, going to the UK isn't something 2.4 billion, 1 billion, or ANYONE should do.

(thankfully the friends I have there are better than you Blackie and have offered me places to stay should I ever take up their offers)

If you want to open Canada's borders to 2.4 billion people then you're obviously suffering from some sort of psychiatrical problem.

• Haha

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Royals watch vigil​

15bf9f84-1b0c-4fbd-866b-5d066b0aed8e.jpg

As King Charles III and his three siblings stood in vigil around their late mother's coffin, members of the Royal Family were at the side of Westminster Hall observing the historic and solemn moment.

Camilla, the Queen Consort, was joined by:
  • Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, Princess Anne's husband
  • Zara and Mike Tindall, Princess Anne's daughter and her husband, a member of England's 2003 Rugby World Cup winning side
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex, the wife of Prince Edward
  • Their children Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn
  • The Queen's cousin Prince Edward, Duke of Kent
  • Princess Eugenie, Prince Andrew's daughter, and her husband Jack Brooksbank
  • Princess Beatrice, his other daughter, and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Vigil of the Princes - as it's known - has only been performed on three other occasions, one being on Monday when the Queen's children did the same in Edinburgh.

Zara Phillips, 41, is 20th in line to the Throne; Lady Louise Windsor, 18, is 15th in line; James, Viscount Severn, 14, is 14th in line; Prince Edward, 58, is 13th in line; Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, 86, is 40th in line; Princess Eugenie, 32, is 11th in line; Princess Beatrice, 34, is ninth in line.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If you want to open Canada's borders to 2.4 billion people then you're obviously suffering from some sort of psychiatrical problem.

It's outstanding you think that this is the actual number that would want to go to Canada, or anywhere else. The one suffering the psych problem is you, laddy.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's outstanding you think that this is the actual number that would want to go to Canada, or anywhere else. The one suffering the psych problem is you, laddy.

So what's the number of Commonwealth citizens that would want to move to Canada in your open borders Commonwealth?

The answer is: You don't know.

So you want to open Canada's borders to an unknown number of people which could be 2.4 billion at the most or "just" 10 million.

It's a crackpot policy.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

'I need you to stop!': 'Leftist' MSNBC host schooled by UK historian over Queen's legacy​

Woke Yanks at it again...

British historian Andrew Roberts has slammed MSNBC host Ali Velshi for taking aim at the legacy of the Royal Family during a tense exchange in the network's special "Remembering Queen Elizabeth II" coverage.

"We abolished slavery 32 years before you did and we certainly didn't have to kill 600,000 people in a civil war over it."

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So what's the number of Commonwealth citizens that would want to move to Canada in your open borders Commonwealth?

The answer is: You don't know.

No, I don't know.

Nor do I want "open borders".

You read that into what I said.

What I SAID was to make things EASIER for travel and immigration. Easier does NOT mean no problems at all, no regulations, no rules.

So you want to open Canada's borders to an unknown number of people which could be 2.4 billion at the most or "just" 10 million.

See above.

It's a crackpot policy.

Only if you read into it, which you did, so...

What YOUR issue is, opening up the UK to make it easier for people from the Commonwealth to travel or immigrate, is that those others would be "non-Britain's", aka not WHITE. Or not white enough. I mean, just admit it; we all know you're a xenophobic racist, Blackie, so you being blunt and open about the reality wouldn't shock anyone.