Quebec-based COVID-19 vaccine maker Medicago to shut down after Government invested $173M

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Government invested $173M in Medicago​

Canada's federal government invested $173 million into the company in 2020 to help the company develop the vaccine and its Quebec production facility. Ottawa also signed a deal to buy 20 million doses of the vaccine, with an option for 56 million more.

So - doses delivered= zero. Quebec company with ties to the libs managed to squander 173 million in 2 years.

Meanwhile, a well known and highly respected WESTERN pharma company from alberta showed they could guarantee a vaccine on par with moderna's and pfizers with less than a quarter of that money. And the gov't NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED THEIR APPLICATION. No call back, didn't even read the plan apperently. when asked about it the feds refused to even discuss whether they were going to review it.

Can't have a western pharma company doing well and growing now can we.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Damn HEROIC of them to SAVE THE CANADIAN PEOPLE from the deadly poison and Chinese 5G implants!

Clearly the "highly respected" Alberta company was in on the plot! Or wanted to be.

Heh-heh. "Covid vaccines are a HOAX, and we want our cut!"

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Damn HEROIC of them to SAVE THE CANADIAN PEOPLE from the deadly poison and Chinese 5G implants!
Well they certainly saved teh Canadian people from the deadly burden of having to spend their own money themselves :)
Clearly the "highly respected" Alberta company was in on the plot! Or wanted to be.
The problem was they would actually produce something for the money they were given. Clearly that disqualified them in the liberals eyes. Actually producing something for the public investment goes against their thinking. If you allowed that, then the public might expect results the NEXT time you spent a few hundred million.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

No different than when this govt gave a security contract to a Chinese company even though a Calgary-based company put in a lower bid.
No different than this govt attacking the Alberta oil industry while sucking the dick of Quebec's refining industry.
No different than when this govt accuses Albertans of being racists and then excusing the bigoted legislation that Quebec passed.

To put it bluntly, Trudeau hates, HATES, western Canada and he's demonstrated it time after time. Even before he became PM.

Reactions: The_Foxer

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No different than when this govt gave a security contract to a Chinese company even though a Calgary-based company put in a lower bid.
No different than this govt attacking the Alberta oil industry while sucking the dick of Quebec's refining industry.
No different than when this govt accuses Albertans of being racists and then excusing the bigoted legislation that Quebec passed.

To put it bluntly, Trudeau hates, HATES, western Canada and he's demonstrated it time after time. Even before he became PM.
Tissue?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Sure - hand us one from that same box you use when you're trying to convince people we should give a crap about abuses to black people or first nations or gays or any other group.

I've noticed it's quite a trend - those on the left have a bad habit of demanding that people respect the challenges the groups they like face, while constantly being dismissive of any group not on that list. At least those on the right tend to be more equal and demand EVERYONE should sort their own crap out :)

Can you explain how you expect anyone to care about issues you find important while being dismissive and somewhat ignorant about those you do not? It's just that so many on the left seem to have a tough time wondering why others dismiss their concerns after they behave like this and i'm wondering if perhaps there's a strategy there i'm missing.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sure - hand us one from that same box you use when you're trying to convince people we should give a crap about abuses to black people or first nations or gays or any other group.

I've noticed it's quite a trend - those on the left have a bad habit of demanding that people respect the challenges the groups they like face, while constantly being dismissive of any group not on that list. At least those on the right tend to be more equal and demand EVERYONE should sort their own crap out :)

Can you explain how you expect anyone to care about issues you find important while being dismissive and somewhat ignorant about those you do not? It's just that so many on the left seem to have a tough time wondering why others dismiss their concerns after they behave like this and i'm wondering if perhaps there's a strategy there i'm missing.
Not demanding anything. Just saying how it was, and what the implications of that today are.

Hell, boy, I don't expect you to care about anything but how hard-done-by White Tories are.

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Not demanding anything. Just saying how it was, and what the implications of that today are.
Is that a fact. Not taking a position one way or another on those issues eh?
Hell, boy, I don't expect you to care about anything but how hard-done-by White Tories are.
LOL - ooops, your hypocrisy is showing :) I hope we're not going to have to have another discussion about the value of honesty :)

Well at least we settled the question of whether or not you actually care about people. I'm sure that will come up again at some point so it's nice to have it out of the way.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Is that a fact. Not taking a position one way or another on those issues eh?
Yep. Don't much care what you think. You're Canadian, and as such have even less ability to affect my life than the average American.

I've said a number of times that I neither have nor want any business telling Canadians how to run their country. I am at most an interested observer. Even after my experiences here, I like Canada. I wouldn't mind living there. And if I did, I'd probably choose to live in one of the prairie provinces. TO holds very little attraction for me. Kay-bec even less. It would definitely be Westernesse or the Maritimes.

Only problem is I'd have to give up my free, high-quality health care.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yep. Don't much care what you think.
ROFLMAO - you very clearly do, and are somewhat intimidated by people who call you out when you're dishonest. But - that's not what i was referring to and i think you know it :)
You're Canadian, and as such have even less ability to affect my life than the average American.
True - i also have very limited ability to affect dung beetles. Lots of creatures i really haven't got all that much power over.

've said a number of times that I neither have nor want any business telling Canadians how to run their country.
That's nice but you're doing it again - losing an argument and thus trying to change the channel.

Nobody asked you if you wanted to tell Canadians how to run our country.

I talked about blacks. And gays. and first nations. Are you claiming you don't HAVE any of those in your country? How very interesting.

Of course you realized i was right and rather than cope with it you've decided to pretend i was talking about "telling Canadians their business". And you've never had any reluctance to voice your opinions on those issues in the past .

Once again your hypocrisy is showing. And that has nothing to do with being an american or canadian. It's got to do with left wing hypocrisy.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

That the irony of the CBC being the "source link" when the CBC is biased lefty media that can't be trusted and needs to be defunded says it all?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
That the irony of the CBC being the "source link" when the CBC is biased lefty media that can't be trusted and needs to be defunded says it all?
Hardly - this was brought up in other media and they really had no choice. But - it is worth noting that just before the election when this investment went south (they refused to deliver any vaccine) the cbc printed like one story on page 87 and that was it. Can't have the libs looking bad when it counts.

The CBC knows that the trick to being an excellent liar isn't to lie ALL the time. You pick and choose your lies. That way some of the more weak minded fools will think that because you tell the truth once in a while you must tell it all the time. Right, Serryah?

The CBC totally has to be defunded and punted. They're dishonest in the extreme - but if enough people believe they're actually an honest source of news you can pay to keep them going. Defunded doesn't mean broken up or sold.

I suspect they won't last a week :)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Oh - and also, that's not what "irony" means. Pls learn to use words correctly.