Privatizing Aboriginal Reserves

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But it's more convenient to argue when everything is under one umbrella. One pill,one solution, that's the world we live in right?

The "drugstore mentality" could be part of the reason for the demise of the human race! :smile:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
MHz, People who think like you are the reason the those on the reservations are kept culturally virtual prisoners. No reason they cannot live under Canadian law, and they are not your little children. Give them their ancestral lands where feasible. That means all mineral rights to be used for their betterment. Just tweak what we do in the U.S. to Canadian law. It may not be perfect, but it works.

"Tribal sovereignty in the United States refers to the inherent authority of indigenous tribes to govern themselves within the borders of the United States of America. The federal government recognizes tribal nations as "domestic dependent nations" and has established a number of laws attempting to clarify the relationship between the federal, state, and tribal governments. The Constitution and later federal laws grant local sovereignty to tribal nations, yet do not grant full sovereignty equivalent to foreign nations, hence the term "domestic dependent nations"."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
To drugs I say: Just say no. To booze I say: BYOB. ;)

One stop shopping, convenience, convenience, convenience. It's all anybody wants, and it seems to be what everyone expects.

Which do you think is the worst addiction? Shopping or drugs? :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Anything overdone is not done well.

I'm addicted to neither one. I am currently addicted to the Whirly Word game on my phone though.

I can't stop playing it.

Seriously, I need help.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Anything overdone is not done well.

I'm addicted to neither one. I am currently addicted to the Whirly Word game on my phone though.

I can't stop playing it.

Seriously, I need help.

How much does that run your phone bill up?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm especially interested in hearing about the narco-tourism opportunities that were insinuated.
If you go to South America you can bet coco leaves as an 'cure' for altitude sickness and I'm quite sure those countries produce a 'soda pop' version that can legally be sold in Europe today. In Canada possession of a leaf or bottle of pop would get you 20 years in prison. As a 'Native ' drink North American Natives should be able to import from South American Natives. I tried to see this idea a year ago, obviously it didn't fly then and I expect the same today. Where I am everybosy wants to head for the mountains on long weekends and it's actually quite crowded. By opening legal drug use houses the Rez would attract the weekend camper type of individual. Granted if the menu is 'full' some would like a spot for the 'whole summer'. I've seen more that one tourism show where the TV host takes drugs when visiting some place be it South America or the South Seas. If you can legally do it that way why not do it the other way around, bring the drug to you and you pay the shipping costs and you don't get to leave with any on you, it has to be ingested at place of purchase. Is that too legal and too much in the open that it would change the war on drugs to be a bunch of clients on drugs? by choice at that, lol isn't that what the 'NWO' wants a docile mass that will follow almost blindly as long as they have a few needs met. One need for a 'happy population' is no boredom even when there is nothing to do. (that doesn't mean lethargic, just happy, happy)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Shopping for drugs used to be the one I wanted to go smoothly more than the other things that were somewhat routine. Which one does that fall under??

Not one damn bit.
Perhaps the attraction is in getting what you pay for for once rather than any ' brain-challenge'.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Shopping for drugs used to be the one I wanted to go smoothly more than the other things that were somewhat routine.

Well that explains a lot.

Perhaps the attraction is in getting what you pay for for once rather than any ' brain-challenge'.

Still waiving at the sense of humour boat from the shore I see.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I feel like Jane Goodall sometimes.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Shopping for drugs used to be the one I wanted to go smoothly more than the other things that were somewhat routine. Which one does that fall under??

THAT falls under the heading of "needing a better life". :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Not all questions. You've simply ignored the answers you haven't liked, which is what most special interest shills do.
Yes all questions. I ignored no answers that were pertinent to the actual questions asked.

Hence...

Which is why I keep asking these meat heads these types of questions.

With the same results each and every time, (Insert some example of silly diversion, dismissal, or dodge here).

That Justin Beiber forum you hang out at cannuck, isn't helping your cognitive skills at all.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes all questions. I ignored no answers that were pertinent to the actual questions asked.

Lying about it may fool some of the people but it really doesn't change the facts. Are you seriously trying to tell people that aboriginals in Canada have the same rights as the rest of Canadians with regards to hunting? Really?