PPC Surging in polls, threatening NDP for 3rd place

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I predicted that this would happen as soon as O’Toole was nominated leader of the CPC.

As I’ve stated previously, as a social conservative, I cannot in good conscience vote for O’Toole. His personal views on gay marriage and abortion conflict with my own views and are in fact further to the left than those of Biden.

By nominating O’Toole as leader, the CPC has alienated it’s social conservative base. Thus the reason why the PPC is faring much better now than the last Federal election. Most social conservatives supported Andrew Sheer back then since unlike O’Toole, he was not a Conservative in Name Only (CINO).

In addition to getting the social conservative vote, the PPC will also get the Libertarian vote. Not to mention the vote from those of us who are fed up with mask and vaccine mandates.

The CPC should place serious effort in trying to get Harper back as leader next time.

My vote this time will be going to the PPC.

The PPC has broken into a clear second place in Alberta, and appears to be drawing support from more than just the Conservatives nationally.

PPC surges in Poll

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I predicted that this would happen as soon as O’Toole was nominated leader of the CPC.

As I’ve stated previously, as a social conservative, I cannot in good conscience vote for O’Toole. His personal views on gay marriage and abortion conflict with my own views and are in fact further to the left than those of Biden.

By nominating O’Toole as leader, the CPC has alienated it’s social conservative base. Thus the reason why the PPC is faring much better now than the last Federal election. Most social conservatives supported Andrew Sheer back then since unlike O’Toole, he was not a Conservative in Name Only (CINO).

In addition to getting the social conservative vote, the PPC will also get the Libertarian vote. Not to mention the vote from those of us who are fed up with mask and vaccine mandates.

The CPC should place serious effort in trying to get Harper back as leader next time.

PPC surges in Poll

So the numbers of the surge = the numbers of the stupid who still live in Canada. Sad.

Reactions: taxslave and Colpy

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The PPC will never amount to much, they are just a junior protest party.

It’s unfortunate that they are getting enough recognition to be a spoiler for the conservatives.
Yet the Bloc a one province protest party has been Her Magisties

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

PPC surges in Poll
That's OK. There is no room in the Conservative party for anti civil rights supporters.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The PPC will never amount to much, they are just a junior protest party.

It’s unfortunate that they are getting enough recognition to be a spoiler for the conservatives.
The flipside is that most of them are what has given the Conservative party a bad name. The wingnuts on the right need their version of the NDP.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
PPC Leader Maxime Bernier loses in Beauce
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Sep 20, 2021 • 2 hours ago • 1 minute read • 14 Comments
People’s Party of Canada leader Maxime Bernier poses with a baby and supporters during a rally at Central Memorial Park in downtown Calgary on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021.
People’s Party of Canada leader Maxime Bernier poses with a baby and supporters during a rally at Central Memorial Park in downtown Calgary on Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021. PHOTO BY JIM WELLS /Postmedia Network
Article content
OTTAWA — The Canadian Press is projecting that People’s Party of Canada Leader Maxime Bernier has lost his bid to get elected in the Quebec riding of Beauce.

Bernier previously represented the riding south of Quebec City from 2006 to 2019.

He was a cabinet minister in the Conservative government of former prime minister Stephen Harper, where his portfolios included industry and foreign affairs.

He ran for the Conservative leadership in 2017, placing second to former leader Andrew Scheer.

He left the Conservative party in August 2018 to serve as an Independent MP and then launched the People’s Party of Canada the next month.