Polio in New York

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Damn those vaccines, getting people sick and evidence of polio showing up in sewers in the UK.

Just stop the jabs and let nature take it's course, right?
Funny how you don't have that same attitude towards pregnancy as a result of personal irresponsibility. Just stop the killing and let nature and evolution take its course, right?
Besides, polio can't afflict someone who has been vaccinated by the injectable form of the vaccine. They can still contract the virus but it won't fuck them up.
Unlike the Covid experiment where people with 3 shots were still being hospitalized with Covid.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Funny how you don't have that same attitude towards pregnancy as a result of personal irresponsibility. Just stop the killing and let nature and evolution take its course, right?

Nah, rather, when it comes to pregnancy, it's none of my goddamn business, but personally I wouldn't abort because I'm not built like that.

Besides, polio can't afflict someone who has been vaccinated by the injectable form of the vaccine.

And yet this infection came from the oral version which is still used outside of the US in places, which is how this guy got it; well that and that he wasn't protected himself, obviously.

They can still contract the virus but it won't fuck them up.

But with vaccines being so questioned now, it's only a matter of time. I mean, Polio was considered 'eradicated' in the US, but now, cases are popping up.
Unlike the Covid experiment where people with 3 shots were still being hospitalized with Covid.

Yep, people who got the shots can still sometimes be hospitalized with Covid. Just like other vaccines too. Your point?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep, people who got the shots can still sometimes be hospitalized with Covid. Just like other vaccines too. Your point?
I think it's that he expects. . . no, DEMANDS an experimental, rush-job vaccine to be as safe and effective as one that's been developed and refined for decades.

Which is about like expecting a Model T to perform like a 2023 Mercedes, but unreasonable expectations and demands are the hallmark of the partisan.

For example, face it, Biden could reduce undocumented immigration by 99% and the rightards'd never give him a shred of credit. They want a WALL, a monument to White supremacy! They don't give a rap if it works, or to what extent.

In fairness, leftards are no different. I always said the political spectrum ain't a line, it's a horseshoe, with the extremes much closer to each other than either is to the center.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Nah, rather, when it comes to pregnancy, it's none of my goddamn business, but personally I wouldn't abort because I'm not built like that.
It's none of your business and yet you've spouted a lot of STRONG opinions about the right to get an abortion for any reason.
And yet this infection came from the oral version which is still used outside of the US in places, which is how this guy got it; well that and that he wasn't protected himself, obviously.
His body, his right, right? The only people who get sick from polio over here are those are haven't been properly vaccinated.
But with vaccines being so questioned now, it's only a matter of time. I mean, Polio was considered 'eradicated' in the US, but now, cases are popping up.
One case. Just like in 2013.
Really? Ever seen someone fully vaccinated with the MMR vaccine end up in intensive care with measles, mumps or rubella? Or polio or smallpox?

You can still end up in the hospital after being vaxxed against the flu but that's because the flu vax is a bit of a crap shoot.

And of course there's not much point in bragging about eradicating a disease in a country and then throwing the doors wide open to illegal immigration. Unless you're going to attempt to convince us that 100% of illegals are 100% fully vaccinated.

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I think it's that he expects. . . no, DEMANDS an experimental, rush-job vaccine to be as safe and effective as one that's been developed and refined for decades.
Yeah, nothing like using the world population as a guinea pig for an experiment. Full disclosure my ass.
Which is about like expecting a Model T to perform like a 2023 Mercedes, but unreasonable expectations and demands are the hallmark of the partisan.
Except I'm not anti-vax or a partisan, dumbass. Refusing an experimental vaccine that uses gene editing is not being "anti-vax".
For example, face it, Biden could reduce undocumented immigration by 99% and the rightards'd never give him a shred of credit. They want a WALL, a monument to White supremacy! They don't give a rap if it works, or to what extent.
Or, how about a real example that actually happened. Like when Trump restored the funding to HBCU's (that Obama had slashed) and then boosted that funding, all the MSM could do was whine about Conway sitting with her feet on the couch as she took a picture of the moment. So, Obama fucking Black people over- good stuff man. Trump undoing that fuck around? Not even newsworthy to the MSM.
In fairness, leftards are no different. I always said the political spectrum ain't a line, it's a horseshoe, with the extremes much closer to each other than either is to the center.
I think taxslave said it best. The far left are so far left that they're shaking hands with the far-right.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Besides, polio can't afflict someone who has been vaccinated by the injectable form of the vaccine. They can still contract the virus but it won't fuck them up.

I don’t think she needs to worry about getting pregnant.. she/it hates men.. so 🙃😉

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Many diseases that where thought of as eradicated in North America through vaccinations aren’t eradicated across the planet so we continue to vaccinate ourselves & our children against these diseases as they (the diseases) can migrate back to North America from other places.

(One of my older Brothers had Polio as a child, & I had Tuberculosis as a child, and these diseases are now “almost” unheard of in North America. Hopefully someday the same can be said of COVID 19 & it’s gagillion Brazilian variants but we’re not there yet.)

This one-off situation in NY sounds like a one-off situation or something close to it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I would be happy if a 2023 Mercedes performed as well as a model T. They don't.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's none of your business and yet you've spouted a lot of STRONG opinions about the right to get an abortion for any reason.

His body, his right, right? The only people who get sick from polio over here are those are haven't been properly vaccinated.

Really? Ever seen someone fully vaccinated with the MMR vaccine end up in intensive care with measles, mumps or rubella? Or polio or smallpox?

You can still end up in the hospital after being vaxxed against the flu but that's because the flu vax is a bit of a crap shoot.

And of course there's not much point in bragging about eradicating a disease in a country and then throwing the doors wide open to illegal immigration. Unless you're going to attempt to convince us that 100% of illegals are 100% fully vaccinated.
I just discovered that no one has received the polio vaccine in North America since the early 70s. Since we had been told Polio had been eradicated, we naturally took that to mean worldwide. Apparently that was only in North America and Most of Europe.

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Many diseases that where thought of as eradicated in North America through vaccinations aren’t eradicated across the planet so we continue to vaccinate ourselves & our children against these diseases as they (the diseases) can migrate back to North America from other places.

(One of my older Brothers had Polio as a child, & I had Tuberculosis as a child, and these diseases are now “almost” unheard of in North America. Hopefully someday the same can be said of COVID 19 & it’s gagillion Brazilian variants but we’re not there yet.)

This one-off situation in NY sounds like a one-off situation or something close to it.

It's sadly not a one off though (previous case in 2013 for example), and the point is that with so many parents now NOT vaccinating their kids even from previous known, reliable vaccines, all it takes is someone like this guy, or someone else, to bring polio back to the US/Europe/Canada, and for those unvaccinated kids to get exposed and suffer.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Actually that's not correct. My strong opinion is it's not my goddamn business who gets an abortion or why. The issue itself IS my business because it is about a woman's right to choose her own health care. There is a difference. Or do you think there is none?

As this guy wasn't.

Also, his body, his right... except when it comes to a disease that can grossly affect others to the point of death. See, that's the whole issue. My body, my choice only works when it affects only YOUR body. When it affects others, then, well... ethically, morally and just out of human fucking courtesy it should matter to others as well what happens.

All it takes is one.

Flu was what I was thinking of, haven't looked into the others. I do know you can still get it - low change but still can happen - even if vaccinated, but end up in ICU, don't know exact answer to that.

And of course there's not much point in bragging about eradicating a disease in a country and then throwing the doors wide open to illegal immigration.

There's no point in bragging about eradicating a disease period, unless it's completely gone OFF THE PLANET. Until then, you're still chancing infections.

Unless you're going to attempt to convince us that 100% of illegals are 100% fully vaccinated.

Or convince 100% of travellers to outside, unprotected regions of the world not to fucking go there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

TB is very problematic in Canada right know and was never considered eradicated. The TB Clinic is at the Regina Gerenal Hospital.

• Sad

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ive driven a GL for years, Now Im running a high end jap car and love it. More balls than a canal horse and gets 38-42mpg. I love it.