Pipeline Spill, No 2,299,487,540

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Hahaha, accountants and MBA types are not professionals?? Do you know your professional designations in Canada? What are they, labours ???
Gwd your stupid!!

They are bean counters, not technical professionals. They are not P. Eng. or certified through/affiliated with API, ASME, ANSI, CSA, ASTM, NACE or other professional societies that deal with anything beyond than the dubious ethics of crunching numbers. They are not qualified to make technical decisions regarding the construction or operation of facilities: they are qualified to say whether or not the operation is profitable but I would hesitate to say they qualified to make judgments of cost effectiveness, as they lack the technical background to understand the ramifications of the measures they may seek to institute.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
They are bean counters, not technical professionals. They are not P. Eng. or certified through/affiliated with API, ASME, ANSI, CSA, ASTM, NACE or other professional societies that deal with anything beyond than the dubious ethics of crunching numbers. They are not qualified to make technical decisions regarding the construction or operation of facilities: they are qualified to say whether or not the operation is profitable but I would hesitate to say they qualified to make judgments of cost effectiveness, as they lack the technical background to understand the ramifications of the measures they may seek to institute.

Ahh, those MBA's...they rule the world. Drop ROI in any sentence, put the rubber to the road, managing the optics, talk about synergies, call important details one-offs...

A bunch of nonsense most of the time.
Subject matter expert: Oh, you want this biologic concentrated to 100X? That's not possible.
MBA: I don't care, this is our deliverable.
Subject matter expert: What a douche.