Pickup truck drivers are the worst drivers on the road..

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
My 510 was like a lot of 1974 cars in that after about seven or eight years the fenders started to rust through. By the time I got rid of it, sometime in 85, all the fenders were like lace curtains, but the damn thing still ran.

Tin worm swiss-cheesed the pocker panels, back quarters and floor in my 92 Sentra. I went over one rugged railway crossing and heard a bump ... then a long scrape. I thought I'd dumped a tailpipe until I took a look to find a goodly chunk of floor dragging on road. That was patched up as best as I could ... and a couple of months later I lost compression on two cylinders. A kid down the road gave me fifty bucks for it, put a head gasket in the engine and it's powering his little truck now. It sounds as good as the day it was minted.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
He said 'the nissan 4 cyl motors are one of the most powerful small
motors on the market, and I can verify that. ' That was the reason for the 'judgemental' response, definitely not 'ignorant'

The only point I was making is that, the nissan 4 cyl. isn't 'gutless', as many are.
It has lots of power for a small motor, not for speeding, but for starting out from
a stop, excelerating up a hill, it is very efficient. Get a life will ya.;-)
Yeah, ignorant, and talloola isn't a guy's name.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The only point I was making is that, the nissan 4 cyl. isn't 'gutless', as many are.
It has lots of power for a small motor, not for speeding, but for starting out from
a stop, excelerating up a hill, it is very efficient. Get a life will ya.;-)
I have a life... I drive a pick-up :lol:

Anyway no insult was intended, and if you took it as so, I apologize.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Here is a car just like mine when it was new. I would dare anyone to find another car for the price that had rear wheel drive, independant rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, and the sweetest single overhead cam engine around.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Here is a car just like mine when it was new. I would dare anyone to find another car for the price that had rear wheel drive, independant rear suspension, rack and pinion steering, and the sweetest single overhead cam engine around.

I think I just threw up in my mouth.:pukeleft:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think I just threw up in my mouth.:pukeleft:

Whats the problem Avro? By any standards the 510 was a great car. Race tuners could get well over 200 hp out of that engine and in a race in it's class, neither Bimmers or Alphas could catch it, and they cost more than twice as much.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Whats the problem Avro? By any standards the 510 was a great car. Race tuners could get well over 200 hp out of that engine and in a race in it's class, neither Bimmers or Alphas could catch it, and they cost more than twice as much.

Yeah but it's still fugly.:lol:

....damn....:pukeleft:....it happened again.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well, I like it. Btw, Camaros couldn't catch them either.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I have a life... I drive a pick-up :lol:
Me too, I love our pick up, it's a five speed Ford diesel, 5.7 litre, 4x4, l997 old style long box, black and silver, real cool.

Anyway no insult was intended, and if you took it as so, I apologize.

It was only an insult when you thought I was a guy, right?;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Back to the topic.....

In the almost two weeks we were in Alberta, almost all the people doing boneheaded things were driving big pickups. Admittedly, most of these drivers were in Alberta. I Calgary I'm sure everyone has a pickup. Remember, Calgary has a population of about a million people so it is not a little cow town anymore. I can understand people on a ranch having a pickup but in town, they don't fit any of the parking spots and they are not a highway vehicle.

brukewilliams

Oct 21, 2008
Who are the worst drivers on the road? Hmm, we can think of a few... like women who apply mascara while driving, teens sending texts while driving, and, of course, those who have had a few too many drinks. But, what about labeling drivers by the type or brand of cars that they drive? That is exactly what has taken place in Britain, as cyclists who share the roads with the cagers have taken a vote to determine the worst of the worst.
------------
Moderator's Edit: Spam removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Could somebody tell me why we have four door pickup trucks with a six foot box and a 400 HP V8 engine that gets about 10 mpg?
This is a vehicle that will typically stop from 60mph in about three hundred feet. This is about a hundred and forty feet longer than your average Honda sedan. Put a couple thousand pounds in that short little box and you have an accident looking for a place to happen.
I have no idea about people in your area with these sorts of vehicles but around here they are called crew cabs for a reason; they carry crews and what is usually in the boxes are the chainsaws, fuel, tools, etc.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well my pick-up has 2 doors plus extended cab ( 2 x half doors) and a V-6. It is my only vehicle, so comes in handy when transporting the family. So don't put all pick-ups and pick-up drivers in the same basket....
Which is basically what I said and I added that there are simply more pickups on the road per capita because they are used for other things besides hauling cargo. And you said "Who cares?"
Idiot.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Believe it or not, a pickup is not the safest vehicle to carry your family around in. I think I was quite clear. Overpowered, four door, gas guzzling V8 pickups are unsafe, irresponsible, and downright stupid.
The pickups are irresponsible and stupid? lol
Perhaps some of the people driving them are but the pickups are only machines. Um there's a term for what you just did here; anthropomorphism. hehehe Oh look, that tree is sad and that rock is happy the tree is sad. lmao

Last edited: