Pancakes for breakfast....or whatever

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do Canadians eat anything else other than pancakes or dishes which include pancakes?

Pancakes in maple syrup.

Poutine and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Muktuk and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Garlic fingers and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Inuit bannock and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Macaroni cheese and pancakes... in maple syrup.

Maple syrup... with pancakes in maple syrup.

Best of Karl Pilkington - Part 5 (Valentines Day) - YouTube

Yep, my favourite is eggs basted on W.W. toast with fried ham and fried spuds.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

You know what's really hard to get? Is maple syrup number 2 or number 3. No 1 or grade A is what is sold in stores. This grade was developed for home use during world war II, when sugar was being rationed. It's a lighter tasting syrup.

I have yet to find a store that sells anything but no1.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
You know what's really hard to get? Is maple syrup number 2 or number 3. No 1 or grade A is what is sold in stores. This grade was developed for home use during world war II, when sugar was being rationed. It's a lighter tasting syrup.

I have yet to find a store that sells anything but no1.

dunno about Canada but in the States we call it Grade A amber, Grade B etc

Grade B is the preferred type in New England

me - I'll take anything = LOVE maple syrup but wish it wasn't so darn expensive

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pancakes are good for a treat 2 or 3 times a year. Too much starch and sugar for regular eating. Substitute ham and eggs.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
made some chocolate-coco-sour cream muffins for tomorrow's brekkie

mmm ~ mmm --- can hardly wait for the morning to come so I can munch on one with my coffee

----------

as for maple syrup, I heard on the morning radio that folks are sugaring this week and the sap is especially good this season

Happy Sugaring!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I usually make pancakes from scratch, different recipes, don't actually eat pancakes often,

but last time I shopped at Costco I bought 'Kodiak cakes', power cakes. whole grain flour, oat flour,
and other good ingredients.
I add milk and 1 egg, but can be made by just adding water. they are delicious, have a very homemade
style and flavour, not just white and empty of nutrients.

topping: yogurt, small amount of granola, mixed fruit, walnuts, sliced
banana,sprinkle with ground flax and sesame seeds, and drizzled with maple syrup.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I usually make pancakes from scratch, different recipes, don't actually eat pancakes often,

but last time I shopped at Costco I bought 'Kodiak cakes', power cakes. whole grain flour, oat flour,
and other good ingredients.
I add milk and 1 egg, but can be made by just adding water. they are delicious, have a very homemade
style and flavour, not just white and empty of nutrients.

topping: yogurt, small amount of granola, mixed fruit, walnuts, sliced
banana,sprinkle with ground flax and sesame seeds, and drizzled with maple syrup.

sounds awesome- but you gotta add sour cream into the mix to make its texture just perfect :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Getting my hair done. And I'm starving. AND I can smell oatmeal cookies. I think I might die.this is torture.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Getting my hair done. And I'm starving. AND I can smell oatmeal cookies. I think I might die.this is torture.

I make a batch of breakfast muffins and put them in a large tupperware type container in the fridge - this way in case I get the munchies, I have a good supply of them to snack on -- of course, there's always plenty of ice cream in the freezer but that's another story :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I can't eat pancakes without pouring on a half gallon of maple syrup so I try to stay away from it all.