Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Looks like I obviously hit too close to home.

Get out of your comfy cottages if you can't afford them.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Toronto people have cottages. We have homes - homes that your saint is endangering in her lust for money ... and yes, even yours.

Pedigree too, when you're not looking

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Links? A little proof of that statement would be nice.

That's your solution? Move to the all ready overcrowded cities? Good grief man get a frickin' grip.
Analfloss just keeps finding more Clingons with his analfloss and then he posts what he finds.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Too bad all the Lefties aren't as excited as MF.

Ontario's Economy Is Kicking Canada's Ass Right Now

However, the New Democrats said the Ontario economy wasn't quite as rosy a
picture as the Liberals are painting, and warned the government plans to
eliminate the deficit by slashing health-care services.

"Their promise is to balance the books by overcrowding our hospitals, firing
thousands of health-care workers, and creating a $3-billion backlog in critical
repairs to hospitals,'' said NDP finance critic Catherine Fife.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's only people who live in the country side that have expensive electricity.

Get out of the comfy cottage and move closer to the city you useless curmudgeons.
Windsor is cottage country? The Waterloo Region is cottage country?
Every day I come here wondering if you're going to say something even dumber than the day before and you rarely fail to deliver. This is one of those days in spades. You've never seen a hydro bill, have you.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
ANd the sun doesn't rise in the east.

And the Pope isn't Catholic, bears don't sh*t in the woods and Hillary Clinton didn't have a private e-mail server, and she certainly didn't receive any classified material on it and she definitely didn't destroy any of those e-mails that were subpoenaed as evidence.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
This is a small house sheltering two geezers that don't use much electricity, when I moved from mississauga my bill was around $40-$50 a few years ago here.

on peak 17.36
mid peak 9.10
off peak 20.72
delivery 35.58
reg charges 2.78
hst 11.12
total 96.66

I'm about three miles from adam beck power generators and the $35 delivery charge for this short hop is insane, for rural folks the delivery charge is nothing short of criminal.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is a small house sheltering two geezers that don't use much electricity, when I moved from mississauga my bill was around $40-$50 a few years ago here.

on peak 17.36
mid peak 9.10
off peak 20.72
delivery 35.58
reg charges 2.78
hst 11.12
total 96.66

I'm about three miles from adam beck power generators and the $35 delivery charge for this short hop is insane, for rural folks the delivery charge is nothing short of criminal.

They want to eliminate the rural folk cuz they don,t shop enough and have anti social ideas, like borders.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

on peak 17.36
mid peak 9.10
off peak 20.72
delivery 35.58
reg charges 2.78
hst 11.12
total 96.66

How about just go down there with a bucket and buy a few electrons?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You're wrong. Servicing the debt, and any other expenditure, is only part of the deficit if expenditures exceed revenues.
Well duh! Which is why then the $11 billion debt servicing is part of the deficit. We're not running a f*cking surplus here, or did you miss the title of the thread?
Never mind the fact they're lying about the size of the deficit to begin with. The Ontario Finance Minister announced not too long ago that the deficit was $5.7 billion. In the first quarter of the 2015-16 fiscal year, Ontario posted a deficit of $8.5 billion. Now the province is suggesting that the deficit is down to $4.3 billion.
Now, considering the record of these a$$clowns, I have very grave doubts that they reduced the deficit by HALF in just over a year. And that's because they didn't. They are not counting the debt servicing payments in that calculation which, since we ARE running a deficit, would be part of that deficit. So the reality is, that $4.3 billion deficit is actually a $7.5 billion deficit.

If you have doubts that interest payments on debt aren't part of the deficit in Ontario, feel free to look up the Ontario Ministry of Finance fiscal outlook for 2015-16. It CLEARLY shows those payments as part of the deficit.
But thanks for playing and demonstrating what as a$$ you are.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
How about just go down there with a bucket and buy a few electrons?

OPG spends big money on tv ads warning folks to stay clear of water in motion for this very reason, liberating electrons directly from adam beck would short circuit wynnes cash cow.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You don't know what a leftie really is.

It's actually someone like Wally.