Ontario Liberal budget fails to woo voters as PCs gain double-digit lead: Ipsos poll

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Reading the article, the Liberals seem to be losing some support in and around the GTA.

Ontario Liberal budget fails to woo voters as PCs gain double-digit lead: Ipsos poll
By David Shum

The Ontario Progressive Conservative Party led by Doug Ford would easily move into majority territory if a provincial election were held tomorrow, despite a number of high-profile budget promises by Premier Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals, according to a new Ipsos poll conducted on behalf of Global News.

The poll — conducted days after the release of the Ontario budget — suggests the PCs have the support of 40 per cent of decided voters compared to 27 per cent for the Ontario Liberals and 28 per cent for the Andrea Horwath-led New Democratic Party.

The Green Party would receive five per cent support, while nearly one in six (15 per cent) of those polled say they’re not sure who they would vote for. Six per cent said they would not vote.

“It’s not a policy election,” Ipsos Global Public Affairs CEO, Darrell Bricker, said. “It’s really a big time for a change. People don’t feel there is a lot being put a risk on electing Doug Ford right now.”
Liberal budget fails to attract voters

Big budget spending goodies such as free child care for pre-schoolers, dental care for those who don’t have coverage through their jobs and billions of dollars for hospital and mental health services, seems to have flopped for the Liberals, according to poll results.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4134439/ontario-pc-party-ipsos-poll/

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
SK could have been back in black yesterday but chose to borrow $600M "to invest" leaving a $365M deficit putting off a surplus to next year.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario's accountants must be Arthur Anderson
ICYMI
In 2005, the Supreme Court of the United States unanimously reversed Arthur Andersen's conviction due to serious errors in the trial judge's instructions to the jury that convicted the firm.[2
From Wikipedia

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
ICYMI
In 2005, the Supreme Court of the United States unanimously reversed Arthur Andersen's conviction due to serious errors in the trial judge's instructions to the jury that convicted the firm.[2
From Wikipedia

Errors in the trail judges instructions do not wholly absolve Arthur Anderson

Unfortunately there is no way to eliminate culpability from that accounting firm on a many levels

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
When you read Trumps belligerent tweets this morning, it should be a lesson to us all during the upcoming Ontario election.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984032798821568513
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984022625440747520

Never hire a businessman to run the government .... They have no diplomacy at all .... It is all Cut throat.
Right. Hire professional politicians or idiots like Trudeau instead who have no real life experience and have absolutely no connection to the voting public they're supposed to be working for.
I'll take a straight talker over some dipwad babbling in diplomatic double speak anytime.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
History shows dropping taxes RAISES revenues..raising taxes causes the revenue to actually drop
;)
but I guess some will argue with the MATH of history while they take their cut.

Labeling some things as AAA when they are not, is a horrible crime against humanity.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
When I was a kid or around 20 years of age I used to worry a lot about taxes and the cost of housing and all that jazz.

Then in 1972, I found work in the Northwest Territories and where my earnings were about 5 times what they had been in Ontario. In my mind, I thought I had won the lottery.

But, it was then that I realized that the methods of the Ruling Class are aimed soley at making damn certain that you need to work at least 5 days a week to pay the bills. If not, then you would only show up for 4 days of work. The pricing structures of all things was very high. Rent for a 2 bedroom house was 650 per month and that was in 1972.

Why would anybody work 5 days per week if they could afford to live on a 4 day work week?

Taxation is about making damn sure you show up for the 5th day and beg for a chance to work on day 6.

Last edited: