Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
yet you worried about 1 million for harpo's trip. that's 1,000 gas plant contract cancellation fees kid. are you new? :lol:

I would quibble with you, but I don't want to get banned so let's just go with 'yes' then. ;)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do I view a company's forced pension as a tax?

No, I view it as an investment.

Why would it be any different for any other type of pension?

It is a forced contribution by employee and matching contribution by employer. A tax on me and a tax on them. 2 taxes -- a Lieberal special.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It is a forced contribution by employee and matching contribution by employer. A tax on me and a tax on them. 2 taxes -- a Lieberal special.

Exactly. It's proxy taxing you to pay for today in hopes they'll be able to pay you back in the future. In the long run a tax hike would be far cheaper.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Your definition of a tax is basically any time you have to pay money for something you think you don't want.

Insurance is a tax.

Pensions are a tax.

Your day pass at Canada's Wonderland is a tax.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where is the money going to go? Sit investments for the future or pay the debt of today? Call it what you want but it is one f-ck of a desperate plan.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Your definition of a tax is basically any time you have to pay money for something you think you don't want.

Insurance is a tax.

Pensions are a tax.

Your day pass at Canada's Wonderland is a tax.

CPP & EI are tax. They are non-volentary.

My pension plan at work is a benifit as I don't pay into it.

My contrbutions to an RRSP is volentary and not a tax.

If Wynn said I HAD to goto Canada's Wonderland, it would be a tax. If it was my choice -- not.

Pretty simple realy. New pension plan is non-volentary so it is a tax.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You do know that many companies impose a mandatory pension plan right?

It's a percentage of your salary that you have no choice but to submit for that purpose.

Are you saying that is a tax?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You do know that many companies impose a mandatory pension plan right?

It's a percentage of your salary that you have no choice but to submit for that purpose.

Are you saying that is a tax?

Holy f-ck. You truly don't have a sustainable clue about money.

Who is paying a percentage from their salary to fund their company pension?

How many billions is significant?

He likes being lied to and ripped off. It's f-cking bizarre.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
He likes being lied to and ripped off. It's f-cking bizarre.

$2/year really isn't anything to spend time worrying about.

How many billions is significant?

You do the math bucko.

And for everyone else (except Wally)..

See you at the polls, FOLKS..

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You're the one who said the billions wasted in the scandal was insignificant. How many billions wasted would be significant?

When a scandal significantly hits my wallet.

$2/year is pretty forgivable.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Insanity. An attempt to buy the short-sighted electorate with their own money, leaving them a rapidly-swelling debt. Absolutely irresponsible.

Yes, they did the right thing.

The Conservatives SHOULD win, but I think all parties are in play.....it is a horse race.

I was thinking along those lines as well but it gets tougher and tougher to watch Harper padding his nest for future patronage appointment to some U.N. council or another. If we have one area that is actually undergoing attack it's our Universal Healthcare with Conservatives courting with privatizing more and more services in that field by reducing transfer payments and doing nothing while wait times continue to be of concern.

What do I read in todays paper but Harper has burnished his image with the rest of the world and curried favour with whatever august body will have him in the future by pledging 3.5 BILLION to improve heath standards in places like Pakistan who have nuclear weapons, harbour terrorists and are still stoning women to death fer chrissake.

How might that 3.5 billion have improved wait times across Canada if we were to purchase and train technicians for MRI machines as just on example.

I'm getting more fed up with conservatives the longer that guy remains in office. He's becoming a bigger than life sideshow for the world while Canada continues to struggle with policies of wait and watch.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
They are only ripping you off if it's deemed a scandal? Who the hell gave you the $2 figure and how many years is that over? 4000 years?

Maybe you missed the part where this was explicitly about the cost of the gas plant scandal.

I'm honestly shocked that you would meander off the track.

Shocked.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe you missed the part where this was explicitly about the cost of the gas plant scandal.

I'm honestly shocked that you would meander off the track.

Shocked.
Now it's a scandal?

Can you think big?

Other than the $2 over 41.5 years what else are you losing?

No loss of 1.7 gigawatts?

No interest to be paid on the $1B

No loss of millions of man hours?

A doubled hydro bill costs how much over 41.5 years?

No clue. Absolutely no clue whatsoever.