Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Hardly exaggerated, they own everything they did.

The gas plant cover-up was just a culmination of their mis-deeds. Ontario needs to push the reset, but I'm skeptical they will.

My point was - the amount wasted isn't significant enough for us to worry about.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
My point was - the amount wasted isn't significant enough for us to worry about.

yet you worried about 1 million for harpo's trip. that's 1,000 gas plant contract cancellation fees kid. are you new? :lol:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
They won't tax the deadbeats earning nothing. Good to know. As a middle class person, I feel they will tax me.

As a middle class earner, I don't think they would.

That would all but guarantee a PC win next round.
(Assuming they get at least a minority this round)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Just exactly who are the "deadbeats" earning nothing? My bills are paid. I honour my obligations - and I'm disabled

There are a lot of people who are able to work who choose to scam welfare. They overrun costs of legitimate subsidy programs to help those that truly need it.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
There a lot more on welfare because the plant closed or moved offshore to appease investors or couldn't afford the high cost of Hydro, the EI ran out and there's little work available. Their only other choice is to abandon the home they've invested a lifetime into. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

What's the rate on corporate welfare - who get tax breaks?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The only way ON is going to get out of this mess is put on the big girl panties and open up northern resources to fund the whiners in the south.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
So you don't view this forced pension as a tax? I do. Lieberals have been very good at calling their taxes other names.

Do I view a company's forced pension as a tax?

No, I view it as an investment.

Why would it be any different for any other type of pension?