Ontario a Have Not?

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
musicmanfan said:
So this is what Canada has become. Jealous petty whiners. Ontatrio a have not? What a joke. Instead of looking to little Alberta to bail you out, how about standing up, pulling up your pants, pulling up your fly and getting to work. Ontario will become a have not province and stay there with this attitude. Poor Ontario with its vast resources, ports, access to the HUGE U.S. markets. I see people every day that are better off than me. So what? Good for them. The problem with Ontario is you are living above your means, not that you are poor. Ontarians must decide what is needed and cut the rest. Looking enviously at Alberta and putting your energies into figuring out a way to confiscate Alberta wealth will only make us all have not provinces. Time for Ontario to grow up and stop depending on other (smaller) provinces to support its social experiment.

What Ontarians on this board are acting in this manner? What social experiment? WTF are you talking about?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
He's just whining, Said. He sees the writing on the wall...how myopic decision making has put his province in a precarious position...and is lashing out like a spoiled child instead working to improve things.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Musicman said:
Vanni Fucci said:
See how funny things get here...

Americans come here, and we criticize their government, and we are called anti-american...

Albertans, who may as well be Americans, come here and spout off about there feckin' surpluses and shit, and we fire back and say that it's because they've abused their poor and elderly, and are generally undereducated, and we are called whiners...

Couldn't get any funnier than this... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, if ANY of your comments had a shred of truth, then it would be okay, but there is no way to respond to such trash in any logical way. Keep in mind, it is the ROC that started this surplus talk, and Albertans are just firing back saying respect the constitution and keep your hands of the resources of all provinces, including Albertas, and the revenues from said resources. Not a hard concept to understand, but I guess you are having a bit of difficulty, so you resort to whining about how unfair life is. Get to work, sacrifice like Albertans did, and then we will talk.

I would just like to ask how you possibly think that you are in a position to declare what is true and what is not. Your truth is influenced by a huge right-winged bias, as there are others that are similarily influenced by a left-winged bias. So I would ask that you refrain from saying true or lie, or trash...your are not in a position where you can say with absolute authority...stick with the phrase "in my opinion"

And I would like to add that I take offense to you implying that because I do not live in Alberta I do not work hard. I would like to see you work on a degree, take care of a family and work a job 30 hours a week, maintaining (for the most part :oops: a "B" Average)
I would appreciate you recinding your comment.

BTW, I have to say with all the nasty attacks you make on individuals and their comments here, that i am surprised that you are not yet banned. Watch the toes that you step on, they are attached to teeth that sometimes like to bite :D

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Musicman said:
Jo Canadian said:
Musicman said:
Past records, tax and spend, which is why they NDP will never be elected federally as the government. Tax and spend and spend and tax.

Eh? That's akin to assuming, which with a good imagination is limitless. I'd like to see big corps taxed...or at least enforced to tax rather than not paying taxes because all their sh*t is in the Camen Islands.

My only want out of a good Government is to spend these taxes on something constructive for our society.

So tax corps big so they have less to spend on R and D, and on wages to hire employees. Great policies. Very progressive. Not.

:lol: You have to be Shit*ing me. You think that the money that the big corps stog away to evade taxes goes primarily to the empoyees?? I like your optimism of the Benevolent corporations, but I have yet to see one really make an impact.

Anyways, if they played by the rules and pay taxes like the rest of us perhaps the middle/lower class wouldn't have to be paying extra in taxes to make up for the loss eh? Large companies can still function while still paying taxes whilest giving a decent wage, that's what accountants and financially planned management is for. And I'm sure there are some responsible companies out there that do that,but I'm afraid I've never had the time to research between the fair vs. Greedy.

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
Your comments show the absolute little you do know about Alberta and the diversification. There are many areas that are not related to the oil and gas industry, just that you cannot see them due to your extreme envy of Alberta.

Serious economic analysts, including those in Alberta, disagree with you.

Okay, who?

Absolute unproveable garbage. Quit your whining.

Actually it has come up time and again at premiers conferences because you've been poaching people from us. It's a major point that is discussed at all levels of government and private industry.

Quit whining. If your provinces had half as much on the ball as Alberta, then they would not leave, would they? You keep saying how Alberta is so bad, but then complain because people come here. Pretty inconsistent. Quit dragging Alberta to your level, and try to get your province up to the level of Alberta if you are losing too many folks to Alberta.

If that were true, and given the vast amount of ego you possess about yourself, one would have thought you would have been hired first of all.

Why the hell would I want to move to Alberta.

Well, you said the best and brightest come to Alberta, but then I guess that answers the question, doesn't it.

Yes I have scruples, something you know nothing about, and it is not a lie. Proven records.

What proven records, Dougie? Do you mean the way the economy in Manitoba improved when doer took over? Do you mean the way Romanow saved Saskatchewan from bankruptcy after Devine's mismanagement? Do you mean the way that, for all the years he was premier of Saskatchewan, Tommy Douglas never once ran a deficit but managed to institute universal health care, and build highways and infrastructure?

The record of the NDP speaks for itself, Troll Boy. It is as good or better than other parties with the added bonus of bettering the lives of average people. You can't handle that so you perpetuate lies.

And what about the engine plants and their employees?

Do you think they care if they are building engines to run on gasoline or eco-diesel?

Sorry, al, won't get me drug into your crap. You don't like what I say, quit responding to my threads. If anyone is trolling, it is you.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Feck off, Blue. Go back to the troll board and play with your little friends. Maybe Toro can misinform you about the hurricane season again or something. You aure are uppity for somebody not smart enough to use the quote function properly.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
They aren't his threads though. He isn't even supposed to be here, since he was banned. When he originally came back, he even denied being from Alberta, since he was so emabarassed to be from such a nasty place.