Omnibus : Gas prices, Oil prices, Embargos

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Different avocado cultivars must be harvested at different times of the year. Bacon is ready November through March. Fuerte is ready November through June, and Hass is ready April through October. Pinkerton is usually ready in the winter and early spring (December through April).
Lot of it has to do with the U.S. stopping all avocado shipments from Mexico.

They've become so desperate they're smuggling in avocados in the cocaine shipments.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Hyperinflation is a term to describe rapid, excessive, and out-of-control general price increases in an economy. While inflation is a measure of the pace of rising prices for goods and services, hyperinflation is rapidly rising inflation, typically measuring more than 50% per month.

This is what is happening to many products NOW

3 months ago $1.98,and climbing every months.. many products are starting to go this way
Buy your wheel barrows here .

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
$1.72ish in the centre of the universe.

But going up 13 cents tonight.
I don’t even look at the signs locally, but just clench up and fill up. Was down to 1/3 of a tank my little Dakota yesterday so I stopped in and topped up the tank, and bought the girlfriend a lottery ticket, and it was just shy of a total of $90. Good times.
April fools day will be the next carbon tax increase.

Reactions: Mowich and petros

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don’t even look at the signs locally, but just clench up and fill up. Was down to 1/3 of a tank my little Dakota yesterday so I stopped in and topped up the tank, and bought the girlfriend a lottery ticket, and it was just shy of a total of $90. Good times.
April fools day will be the next carbon tax increase.
I think the sad part is the more the price goes up, the more $$ TrueDope gets. I think it is % not flat rate. Also HST/GST/PST all are % as well. Cash cow.

I filled up @ 1.54 right before this last hike. Still near full.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just looked, & $1.589 seems to be the number at Co-op gas stations in Regina.

Reverse engineering the math and factoring out her lottery ticket, I would’ve put in about 50 litres into a 70 litre tank, so the top up on 1/3 of a tank checks out.

Reactions: Mowich

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just looked, & $1.589 seems to be the number at Co-op gas stations in Regina.

Reverse engineering the math and factoring out her lottery ticket, I would’ve put in about 50 litres into a 70 litre tank, so the top up on 1/3 of a tank checks out.
$6.02 a USG