Omnibus Afghanistan thread

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The guy is a douche.. maybe that's why you like him.. you find something in common with him.

Really, and why is he a douche? Cause he knows about this shit and knows more than you? Or is it that he actually makes sense, holds everyone accountable that should be and doesn't pander to anyone and thus isn't a right wing nutjob like you and others?

I actually like him because he's experienced, he makes sense and he actually knows what he's talking about.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Afghan teen who died in U.S. plane landing gear mishap was former youth soccer player
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Aug 19, 2021 • 15 hours ago • 1 minute read • 5 Comments
Zaki Anwari.
Zaki Anwari. PHOTO BY ZAKI ANWARI /Facebook
Article content
The Afghan teen who died in the landing gear of an American Air Force plane that was fleeing Kabul was a former national youth soccer team player.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Zaki Anwari, 19, died at some point after rushing the plane, according to reports.

His remains were found when the C-17 Globemaster landed in Qatar, according to East2West News.

Anwari had attended the Franco-Afghan Esteghlal High School in Kabul, according to his social media. He played for the youth national team when he was 16.

“Very sad to hear that one of the youths who tried to leave #Kabul through grabbing the landing gear bay of a #USAF’s C-17A transport airplane few days ago was a player of #Afghanistan’s National youth soccer team, Zaki Anwari,” Babak Taghvaee, a journalist, tweeted.

Taghvaee had also reported that the plane had been diverted to Qatar because of the presence of stowaways in the landing gear.

Video showed Afghans rushing the plane and some footage even showed people falling to their death after planes took off.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
T-shirt under fire for ridiculing Afghans' fatal falls from plane in Kabul
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Aug 19, 2021 • 12 hours ago • 2 minute read • 12 Comments
There is apparently no limit to just how low some of society's scummiest scumbags are willing to go.
There is apparently no limit to just how low some of society's scummiest scumbags are willing to go. PHOTO BY SCREEN GRAB /TORONTO SUN
Article content
There is apparently no limit to just how low some of society’s scummiest scumbags are willing to go.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Online lowlifes are being blasted for selling a T-shirt that mocks Afghans who died after falling from a plane in a desperate attempt to escape the Taliban earlier this week.

The disgusting T-shirt is emblazoned with “Kabul Skydiving Club Est. 2021” and appeared on several off-brand online clothing stores, such as Tee4Sport and TShirtAtLowPrice.com. The disturbing clothing also depicts silhouettes of two people plummeting from a military aircraft.

The disgusting T-shirt is emblazoned with ‘Kabul Skydiving Club Est. 2021.’
The disgusting T-shirt is emblazoned with ‘Kabul Skydiving Club Est. 2021.’
The tasteless tees are a terrible shot at several individuals — including a 17-year-old boy — who died falling from a U.S. Air Force jet in Kabul while trying to flee Afghanistan following the Taliban takeover.

“Featuring the scene of the plane flying in the sky and suddenly, there are two people falling from it, the Kabul Skydiving Club Shirt is officially becoming a phenomenon and goes viral on the Internet after that!” reads the horrific description. “For those who are into Parachuting, skydiving, those who love jumping from the airplane to experience the highest mood, this shirt is totally suitable to wear!”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Um, how about no.

Hundreds of people were seen running alongside the U.S. aircraft — some climbing onto the C-17 — as it moved down a runway of the international airport in Kabul on Monday.

Somehow, the T-shirt’s creators thought it wise to also work in condolences to the victims of the tragedy while on the other hand making a total mockery out of the devastation.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

Afghan people climb atop a plane as they wait at the Kabul airport in Kabul on August 16, 2021, after a stunningly swift end to Afghanistan's 20-year war, as thousands of people mobbed the city's airport trying to flee the group's feared hardline brand of Islamist rule.
WARMINGTON: People falling from planes heightens need for Afghan interpreter rescue mission
A reporter shouts a question as U.S. President Joe Biden departs after delivering remarks on the crisis in Afghanistan in the East Room at the White House in Washington, U.S., August 16, 2021.
KINSELLA: Dismissal of Afghanistan mess will stain Biden presidency
A Taliban fighter walks past a beauty saloon with images of women defaced using spray paint in Shar-e-Naw in Kabul on August 18, 2021.
FATAH: This betrayal of Afghanistan is beyond belief

“We are truly heartbroken and empathetic with the horrifying death of 2 people falling from the plane,” they write in the post, adding, “and it was a shock when the rest of the world understand how the people of Afghanistan are facing the situation over there.”

An ad for the gross gear has since been removed from Reddit after users voted that it showcased “moral/mental/physical corruption or perversion.”
1629452721515.png

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Biden Hopes for Limited Fallout From Chaotic Afghan Withdrawal

Friday, 20 August 2021 08:29 AM

President Joe Biden is brushing off criticism of his administration's chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal because he and his aides believe the political fallout at home will be limited, according to White House allies and administration officials.
Biden and his top aides argue they are managing an evacuation mission as well as could be expected given the faster-than-anticipated takeover of the country by Taliban insurgents, and are seeking to draw attention back to the choice to get U.S. troops out of the country.
The strategy is based on internal and public polling that shows the Afghanistan withdrawal had been by far the most popular decision Biden has made, even though the issue was not central for most voters.......More

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Absolute bullshit.

Really why rail on Biden for getting out of Afghanistan? Blame the US public. In the end, THEY wanted it, Biden is just giving what they want.
Oh Serryah - yes they wanted it but not like this. OMG you can't be serious. Even I, as a civilian would question why any military is pulled out BERFORE getting civilians out of harms way? That's what the issue is - not them getting out of Afghanistan. Total incompentence by a Leader and total incompentence by those in charge period. I don't contenence incompetence, and I would hope you wouldn't either.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh Serryah - yes they wanted it but not like this."

And if you didn't think it'd be like this, you were so not paying attention.

OMG you can't be serious.

Absolutely.

Even I, as a civilian would question why any military is pulled out BERFORE getting civilians out of harms way?

Depends on the 'civillians' you're talking about. US types? They had months of knowing it was coming. Afghan? Well that's different.

Cause they're Towel/Rag Heads and Muzzies and who the fuck cares cause they're brown and not white and each and every one of them is a Terrorist, don'cha know (and since you have issues realizing it, that is under heavy sarcasm).

That's what the issue is - not them getting out of Afghanistan.

Oh I totally agree; it's a shit show, it was going to BE a shit show, regardless of WHO was in charge. Cause the US does NOT know how to get out what so ever without things BEING a shitshow.

Total incompentence by a Leader and total incompentence by those in charge period.

Agreed; and hope you include Trump, Obama and Bush in all that cause THEY are all at fault too (Trump especially given he RELEASED 5K Taliban BEFORE people could get out; the stupid fuck)

I don't contenence incompetence, and I would hope you wouldn't either.

I don't.

It's why I take your shit or Boom's or most others here.

Nor the idiots 'in charge' of this shit show from the US to Canada to other NATO and UN nations.

But then again, I'm also not an idiot enough to think this WOULDN'T be a shitshow, so...