Omicron

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well, this is getting kind’a nasty:

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole has put himself firmly on the wrong side of this issue. He said he prefers a gentler approach, accepting the fact some Canadians will never get vaccinated and finding ways to work around it.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t think that people shouldn’t be vaccinated,” he said. “It means we have to deal with the reality of the fact that there will be a small number unvaccinated.”

“O’Toole, you Right Wing Extremist Bastard! Won’t someone think of the Woke Poser Arseholes needing to punish someone but afraid to actually point the finger at the Chinese Government??”
The tool is a lying sack of shit with no principles that will say whatever he thinks will get the most votes.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We concur on your assessment of the situation. If I was an American I’d probably be on the left side of the political spectrum to be close to the middle (?) as a Democrat, which is probably of a similar orientation to being a Conservative up on this side of the border. Different way to look at things but it’s how I see it. Oh well.
Our system makes it more viable to be an independent. Here's the distribution (I don't know what the difference between "Independent" and "American Independent" is, but it don't matter. In the U.S., you're a Demtard, a Reptard, or a dreamer).

• American Independent: 715,712
  • Independent: 34,699,567
  • Democratic: 48,019,985
  • Republican: 35,732,180

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here’s a look at the numbers, in Canada, of those unvaccinated, by age:
5-11: 60.5%
12-17: 13%
18-29: 14.3%
30-39: 12.2%
40-49: 10%
50-59: 11%
60-69: 4.3%
70-79: .05%
80-89: 0%

Eligible Canadians 5 and older in each province and territory who are unvaccinated:
Alberta: 15.8%
Saskatchewan: 14.1%
Manitoba: 12.6%
Ontario: 12.5%
B.C.: 11.6%
Nunavut: 11.6%
Quebec: 10.2%
New Brunswick: 9.7%
Yukon: 9%
Nova Scotia: 8.4%
Prince Edward Island: 7.2%
Northwest Territories: 5.6%

Canada is currently one of the most vaccinated countries on earth. Of Canadians 12 and older, an incredible 90.57 per cent are either partially or fully vaccinated.

So should we now demonize those unvaccinated in the 5-11 year old demographic? It’s those holdouts that are now the biggest unvax’d portion of our population!! Maybe we could start fining them? Punishing them for their life choices?

Most of us stepped up to the plate to protect ourselves, our families & friends, and society as a whole, even in the face of copious evolving misinformation and bullshit, & kudos!!! Congratulations to all for being adults!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Eligible Canadians 5 and older in each province and territory who are unvaccinated:

Canada is currently one of the most vaccinated countries on earth. Of Canadians 12 and older, an incredible 90.57 per cent are either partially or fully vaccinated.

So should we now demonize those unvaccinated in the 5-11 year old demographic? It’s those holdouts that are now the biggest unvax’d portion of our population!! Maybe we could start fining them? Punishing them for their life choices?

Most of us stepped up to the plate to protect ourselves, our families & friends, and society as a whole, even in the face of copious evolving misinformation and bullshit, & kudos!!! Congratulations to all for being adults!

Anyone under the age of 40 should not be mandated to be vaccinated only those with underlying health issues should consider the vaccine.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

9% of the Yukon’s population is vaccinated yet they have 30 to 40 % of that population down with Covid . Why are they not working as advertised ?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
9% of the Yukon’s population is vaccinated yet they have 30 to 40 % of that population down with Covid . Why are they not working as advertised ?
9% of the Yukon’s population isn’t vaccinated, & 30-40% of that population is down with Covid. I wonder what percentage in the Yukon of those that need hospitalization or end up on ICU are unvaccinated?

I’m assuming it’s safe to bet it’s going to be higher than 9%. What do you think? If the vaccinations are not effective than the percentage should be 9% of those in hospital or ICU in the Yukon being unvaccinated.

I tried looking for these numbers specifically for the Yukon but it’s a tough find. I did find some for Ontario though:

1642371767295.png

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Found something, but it’s 1/2yr old, but it’s about the Yukon, the unvaccinated, a %’age, & Covid:
1642372043055.jpeg
Now, 6 months later, a higher %’age are vaccinated, but the hospitalization & ICU numbers among the unvaccinated would be interesting to see for the Yukon.

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Found something, but it’s 1/2yr old, but it’s about the Yukon, the unvaccinated, a %’age, & Covid:
View attachment 11697
Now, 6 months later, a higher %’age are vaccinated, but the hospitalization & ICU numbers among the unvaccinated would be interesting to see for the Yukon.
I wonder why all the provinces stopped reporting vaccination status in the last couple of weeks ? Check it out . Most new cases are fully jabbed and that goes against the narrative .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wonder why all the provinces stopped reporting vaccination status in the last couple of weeks ? Check it out . Most new cases are fully jabbed and that goes against the narrative .
Perhaps the provinces (unlike our current federal government) aren’t out to demonize and divide their electorate and have plans beyond the next election.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Perhaps the provinces (unlike our current federal government) aren’t out to demonize and divide their electorate and have plans beyond the next election.
Or perhaps they are covering the fact that the jabs aren’t working . When that comes out they will have to explain the last two years and there are elections coming up .

Reactions: taxslave and petros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pfizer and BioNTech launch trial of Omicron-targeted COVID vaccine
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Michael Erman and Ludwig Burger
Publishing date:Jan 25, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021.
A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021. PHOTO BY DADO RUVIC /REUTERS
Article content
NEW YORK — Pfizer Inc and BioNTech SE said on Tuesday they started a clinical trial to test a new version of their vaccine specifically designed to target the COVID-19 Omicron variant, which has eluded some of the protection provided by the original two-dose vaccine regimen.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Banking on volunteers in the United States, the companies plan to test the immune response generated by the Omicron-based vaccine both as a three-shot regimen in unvaccinated people and as a booster shot for people who already received two doses of their original vaccine.

They are also testing a fourth dose of the current vaccine against a fourth dose of the Omicron-based vaccine in people who received a third dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine three to six months earlier.

The companies plan to study the safety and tolerability of the shots in the more than 1,400 people who will be enrolled in the trial.

“While current research and real-world data show that boosters continue to provide a high level of protection against severe disease and hospitalization with Omicron, we recognize the need to be prepared in the event this protection wanes over time and to potentially help address Omicron and new variants in the future,” Pfizer’s head of vaccine research and development, Kathrin Jansen, said in a statement.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Depending on the amount of clinical trial data required by regulators, it may not be possible to realize a current plan to launch an Omicron-targeting vaccine by the end of March, BioNTech said.

Pfizer has said that two doses of the original vaccine may not be sufficient to protect against infection from Omicron, and that protection against hospitalizations and deaths may be waning.

Still, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says a third dose of an mRNA vaccine like the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has provided 90% protection against hospitalization due to COVID-19.

Some countries have already started offering additional booster doses, but a recent study from Israel showed that while a fourth dose of an mRNA vaccine boosted antibodies, the level was not high enough to prevent Omicron infection.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
DATA The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Friday that international regulators want data from clinical studies like the one being done by Pfizer and BioNTech before approval of a new vaccine.

EMA said these studies should show that the new vaccines elicit more neutralizing antibodies in the blood than current vaccines and might also protect against new variants of concern.

BioNTech declined to comment on what type of data it was asked to file with regulators.

It said an analysis of antibodies elicited by its Omicron-targeted booster should help answer whether shots will be needed that address more than one variant at a time. It hopes to show the antibodies neutralize a spectrum of variants.

Still, some scientists question whether any change is currently needed.

“The goal of this vaccine is to protect against serious illness,” said Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious disease expert at the University of Pennsylvania. “To date, these vaccines do that, including protection against Omicron.”

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Like everyone else I'm getting fatigued by this covid shit. Let's get on with life.

I'm just salty because I need to be tested 10 times a month with the whole nose poke thing....

Oh and I forgot the mention that I've been involved in 3 major outbreaks. Still havent caught it though....

Last edited:

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Like everyone else I'm getting fatigued by this covid shit. Let's get on with life.

I'm just salty because I need to be tested 10 times a month with the whole nose poke thing....
Yeah, we are all getting :"fatigued" by all this shit but thankfully we are not all getting hospitalized.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yeah, we are all getting :"fatigued" by all this shit but thankfully we are not all getting hospitalized.
If you look closely at the numbers you will see that most aren’t being hospitalized . Our hospitals are so underwhelmed that we were able to let go 20% of health care workers .