Obscene if not criminal situation in Vancouver!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, since you made some paltry amount over your life time you feel you should be able to begrudge some one else doing better?

It was written into her contract because they only offered her an open contract. This meant that they could let her go at any time. Writing a notice clause was, not only smart, but the best way for her to cover her own a$$.

Actually during the years I worked I can't say I earned a paltry income at any time. When I first started a buck an hour was a common wage and carpenters were earning $1.92. No I don't entirely blame her, her obscene wage was granted by the mayor, but if you read through what I said, he should be canned too.

$334 grand a year is no pittance for a bureaucrap!

P.S. Upon mulling the situation over further I may have erred in the carpenters' wage. In 1962 in Terrace the union wage may have been $2.92 an hour. At the time I was earning $300 a month and boarding with a couple of carpenters. Perhaps someone can verify this.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So you would have done much better working for the CoV-as is you earned SFA.

I see you still have a lot to learn about life, Bill. More important than how much you earn is how much you spend. I found when I wasn't earning enough I just switched to plan B and spent less. It worked every time. If you split your purchases into "needs" and "wants" I'd guess for most of us a good 30% falls into the "wants". Back in the day I often quit drinking for the month of January. It worked so well I finally quit for 12 months! :) :) :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
where the hell is the "corruption" in this? Be specific. If you can't, then you pick what we should label you with. Liar or slanderer?

Oh, F**k off, Gerry, Anyone who accepts $560 grand for not working is worse than corrupt. It's her fellow citizens who's putting up the bread!

where the hell is the "corruption" in this? Be specific. If you can't, then you pick what we should label you with. Liar or slanderer?
\
If anyone is a f**king liar it's you!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Oh, F**k off, Gerry, Anyone who accepts $560 grand for not working is worse than corrupt. It's her fellow citizens who's putting up the bread!

\

She had a contract. The contract was followed. Please explain how that is corrupt.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

\

She had a legal employment contract, the city had to abide by that contract. Again, I will give you one more chance, show specifically where the "corruption" is.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
She had a legal employment contract, the city had to abide by that contract. Again, I will give you one more chance, show specifically where the "corruption" is.
Don't bother-the impoverished old fool has never been in business/never will be and literally doesn't know what the words he's using mean.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Take a look at it from a different angle jlm..... it seems you would rather the city have broken the employment contract that signed onto. If they had done that, how much do you think she could have sued the city for? I would lay odds it would have been a hell of a lot more than the half mill she is getting.

How about if the government had broken their employment contract with you and when it came time to start paying out your pension they said "THE HELL WITH YOU, THAT'S TOO MUCH MONEY TO BE PAYING YOU WHEN YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE WORKING FOR IT". How would you have liked that?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Of course the bulk of it lies with the boss who happens to be the mayor. Would you vote a guy in as mayor who is going to be so fiscally irresponsible?

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Of course the bulk of it lies with the boss who happens to be the mayor. Would you vote a guy in as mayor who is going to be so fiscally irresponsible?
The Mayor isn't responsible for giving people contracts-again you have NFC how a corporation works and seem incapable of learning anything new.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Mayor isn't responsible for giving people contracts-again you have NFC how a corporation works and seem incapable of learning anything new.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but just remember that doesn't make it any more valid than anyone else's opinion. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How about if the government had broken their employment contract with you and when it came time to start paying out your pension they said "THE HELL WITH YOU, THAT'S TOO MUCH MONEY TO BE PAYING YOU WHEN YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE WORKING FOR IT". How would you have liked that?

You are getting f**king stupider by the week, Gerry, this isn't oranges and apples, it's oranges and alligators. The corruption in Vancouver was about someone being paid over $1/2 million for doing F**k all, my pension was about returning money to me that I had paid for the past 35 years. Get a f&&king brain, man.

I see this subject has been dealt with properly in post # 49 of the Muslim flight attendant's thread.