No shit! CBC, you blew this one.. It's the pig farm.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

A decade into construction, Port Coquitlam development still trying to attract businesses.​

Jon Hernandez - CBC News

Posted: 11 Hours Ago

Nestled within a row of vacant storefronts, the Hive Climbing and Fitness club anchors a recently developed complex in Port Coquitlam.

It's meant to be a cornerstone store inside a growing retail and residential community, and owner Andrew Coffey says he's in it for the long haul.

He just hoped that there would have been more businesses settling in once he opened his doors.

"We sort of expected there might be a little more movement," he said, standing in front of one of the many towering walls inside the large commercial space. "I think the pandemic slowed a lot of that growth. No one is super excited to jump into things.

"The Hive is one of the newest businesses inside Fremont Village, a large retail and residential development by Onni. But finding commercial tenants to support the southern portion of its complex has been a challenge, with many units still empty after a number of years.

The struggles have pushed the developer to apply to have the area rezoned to allow for smaller retail outlets, but for now, realtors say it's still a challenge for businesses to break even in the growing residential area.

At the end of last year, two restaurants in the northern portion of the complex — chains Harveys and Swiss Chalet — shuttered their doors. The developer is now on the hunt for additional tenants in that space, which is anchored by a Walmart that opened there more than 10 years ago in 2011.

Further afield in the neighbourhood, rows of recently constructed warehouse and office space also sit vacant.

A bell went off when they said by Walmart in Poco.

I just had to check my hunch. I have goosebumps.

I was right.

Wow. 25ish years hasn't been long enough.

I wouldn't rent there either.

1615941783559.png

1615941864588.png

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Good thing that picton fella doesn't own a drug company or have an elected position in government or something...

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The location kind of sucks since it is so hard getting on and off the highway.
Not at all. They have a left turning lane and light off Lougheed and a merge going the other way on to Lougheed. Mary Hill is right there too. Anyone with a clue knows it was the pig farm.