No national childcare program for Alberta

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Cause political points scored for no one.

Edit: What completely unassociated thread are you going to move this one to Boom Boom?

Can't handle politics in the politics forum.. Sad.. So much for free speech in here huh..

Alberta rejects national childcare program​

Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson said the province needs to get over itself.

“I think Canadians are not so interested in this sort of jurisdictional square dance over this,” he said.

“Mayor Iveson is speaking for a lot of Albertans and probably a lot of Canadians, saying we don’t care about what the disputes are between politicians. We care about the very real concerns facing us,” Williams added.

She said it could come off as petty politics if Alberta opts out.

Alberta pumps brakes on national childcare program | Globalnews.ca

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Edit: What completely unassociated thread are you going to move this one to Boom Boom?

Can't handle politics in the politics forum.. Sad.. So much for free speech in here huh..

“I think Canadians are not so interested in this sort of jurisdictional square dance over this,” he said.

“Mayor Iveson is speaking for a lot of Albertans and probably a lot of Canadians, saying we don’t care about what the disputes are between politicians. We care about the very real concerns facing us,” Williams added.

Alberta has such a better government than the rest of the country. Don't want to pay for child care? Don't have kids. Multiple generations have managed to raise kids without free daycare. There is no need to squander more borrowed money to support yuppies.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

The only NDP strong hold is telling the rest of Conservative Alta. what they should do, I woulda never guessed it