Nicest person in Canada

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Angel Magnussen is officially the nicest person in Canada.

The Port Alberni woman who has made it her life's work to sew blankets for sick children has been named Canada's Nicest Person.

Magnussen created Hugginz By Angel, a registered charity that provides blankets and other items for kids with serious illnesses or other medical conditions.

Magnussen, who has Down's syndrome, has sewn hundreds of blankets for hospitalized children around the world in countries like Australia, New Zealand and Scotland and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity.

To celebrate Canada's 150th birthday, Roots Canada launched a search for the nicest Canadian and they found Magnussen.

People could nominate someone who they felt made a positive impact on the nation and Magnussen topped the list.

“I am so happy to be named Canada’s Nicest Person,” she said in a statement. “$10,000 will help me to sew more blankets. I want to wrap sick kids in a warm hug to help them heal. Thank you for helping me to help sick kids.”

Along with the title, a $10,000 donation will be made to the charity of her choice, and she will receive a $500 Roots gift card and a custom jacket.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/200281/Nicest-person-in-Canada

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Angel Magnussen is officially the nicest person in Canada.

The Port Alberni woman who has made it her life's work to sew blankets for sick children has been named Canada's Nicest Person.

Magnussen created Hugginz By Angel, a registered charity that provides blankets and other items for kids with serious illnesses or other medical conditions.

Magnussen, who has Down's syndrome, has sewn hundreds of blankets for hospitalized children around the world in countries like Australia, New Zealand and Scotland and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity.

To celebrate Canada's 150th birthday, Roots Canada launched a search for the nicest Canadian and they found Magnussen.

People could nominate someone who they felt made a positive impact on the nation and Magnussen topped the list.

“I am so happy to be named Canada’s Nicest Person,” she said in a statement. “$10,000 will help me to sew more blankets. I want to wrap sick kids in a warm hug to help them heal. Thank you for helping me to help sick kids.”

Along with the title, a $10,000 donation will be made to the charity of her choice, and she will receive a $500 Roots gift card and a custom jacket.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/200281/Nicest-person-in-Canada

And I`ll bet there`s lots of others who are tied!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
And I`ll bet there`s lots of others who are tied!
Crazy Steve Goof ran for mayor of Kennsington Market.
…………………………
Bunchofingf**kGoofs, or the BFGs, are an infamous Canadian hardcore punk band from Kensington Market in Toronto, Ontario who formed in November 1983 as a response to "a local war with glue huffing Nazi skinheads."
They ran a 24-hour a day, seven day a week boozecan for five years from July 1983 to July 1988 at their Baldwin Street address known on the street as "Fort Goof". Their "live like there is no tomorrow, end of the world by nuclear war" attitude and lifestyle was documented in Ruth Taylor and Edward Mowbray's Victory Video Arts Presentation's "Not Dead Yet" in 1984.
For another three and half years they continued their antics at the 26A Oxford Street warehouse (Goof World) until May 5, 1991. Spawned from this local scene were the bands 4½ Reasons For Retroactive Abortion, Brutally Honest, Ded ****, No Identity (No I.D.), Blasphamy, Nunoyer****inbiziness (N.F.B.), Armed and Hammered, B. Bob's Banned, Verboten, PolitiKILL inCOREct and the singer of the present line-up for Random Killing. The band has a notorious reputation for their excessive beer drinking,[3] anti social outbursts and violent behaviour on and off stage as well as their followers.[4] They were label mates with the Dayglo Abortions on God Records and Fringe Product.
In November 1985, the singer Crazy Steve Goof, ran for the municipal office of Alderman Ward 6 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, under the name Steve BFG Johnson. He won more than 13 percent of the total vote with 1,059 votes, losing the seat to Dale Martin (the incumbent), who won with 6,791 votes.[6]
In 1985, Kieran Plunkett, the present singer and bass player for UK punk band The Restarts, spray painted the Buncho****ingoofs logo on the Berlin Wall and after the fall of the wall, that section of the wall was taken off to be viewed in art expositions in Basel, Switzerland and New York City. The 8, 4 meter tall pieces of the wall (measuring ten meters long) were then to be auctioned off at Sotheby's.
In November 1988, the Crazy Steve Goof again ran for the municipal office of Alderman in the newly designated Ward 5 (Financial District, Toronto – University of Toronto), finishing 4th out of five with 417 votes.[8]
The BFGs can be seen in the Canadian series T. and T. where they played a street gang in the first episode. They were extras in many other T. and T. episodes and numerous other television series such as Night Heat, Captain Power, Street Legal, Friday's Curse, Knightwatch, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, My Secret Identity, Katts and Dog, War of the Worlds and Friday the 13th. They can also be seen in movies such as Millennium, Amerika, Dragon Hunt,[9] Twin Dragon Encounters, Freakshow, Class of 1984, Apology, Short Circuit 2, Still Life, Pater Noster, Blindside and The Fly. The BFGs were also featured in a 1980s W5 exposé on Punk music and lifestyle, painting a primarily negative view of it.
Joey Only states them as one of his first major influences after seeing them play at Punkfest in his teens.[10]
The band played shows for 25 years to the day and at the 25th anniversary party, it dissolved temporarily with the BFGs not doing another show for more than two years until April 27, 2011, for the release of Jennifer Morton's book about the band and their entourage, Dirty, Drunk and Punk, on Insomniac Press.[11][12][13][14] They played two separate sets, the first with GregGoose on drums, Scrag on bass, Airock on guitar and Crazy Steve on vocals; and the second with Maddog on drums, Stompin Al Miller on guitar, Thor on bass and Crazy Steve on vocals.
Buncho****ingoofs played again on October 28, 2011, at Toronto's Hard Luck Bar, billing it as the 'Last Show Ever'[15] The line-up was Crazy Steve Goof on vocals, Maddog on drums, Scrag and King Kong Goof on bass and Airock and Stompin Al Miller on guitars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wciki/Buncho****ingoofs
Google BFG as the links won't work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsG7g1GqKcI&list=PLNM7waLozPqHfOHFbh8sQnbhlD2E7R58n

Last edited: