News anchor Lisa LaFlamme 'shocked' after CTV replaces her with Omar Sachedina

The_Foxer

Council Member
Aug 9, 2022
I never heard of her before she got fired. Maybe it is just a name recognition stunt?
Well probably not, she was pretty popular and well known. But - she had carved out her own little empire there and had a lot of freedom to do the news the way she wanted and resisted any change. It was like her own little kingdom. She's probably furious that she's had that taken away, but she KNOWS it's because they want to do something different and she won't go for it.

I think its just a case of the doorman thinking she owns the building and now she's salty that someone said she couldn't do it anymore.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Moccasin Flats
The old thing doesnt play out. Laflamme took over for Renaldo who was considerably older than Laflamme is now.

The_Foxer

Council Member
Aug 9, 2022
The old thing doesnt play out. Laflamme took over for Renaldo who was considerably older than Laflamme is now.
Their argument is that while the network looks at older gentlemen as 'distinguished' , older women are seen as 'past their prime' and ugly and not worth anything.

Which is stupid. Nobody was tuning in because she was so hot before her hair turned.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Moccasin Flats
Their argument is that while the network looks at older gentlemen as 'distinguished' , older women are seen as 'past their prime' and ugly and not worth anything.

Which is stupid. Nobody was tuning in because she was so hot before her hair turned.
Friesen on Global is still a hottie and similar in age.

Oh well, I dont really watch nation news anyway.