Multiple fatalities in Gabriola plane crash

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
That's unfortunate. I hope future accidents can be prevented.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
In that is was seen in a spin prior to crashing it is reasonable to assume a control failure or maybe the pilot suffered some sort of medical emergency.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
That could be worse than when the air traffic controllers do it.

Condolences to those with losses.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
not sure where you got the idea is was an American plane. He was flying from California to Nanaimo but it was a Canadian plane.

Here is the only definitive thing I have heard - and I would not expect to hear the official report for quite some time.

"the operator reported an equipment issue and deviated from the approach before dropping off radar."

Could be many many things.

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
US/Canadian plane: Does this refer to where it was designed? assembled? certified? registered? owned? maintained?

And why would it matter to anyone?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I have no idea.

I have no idea why he even said it was an American plane - except to say that he is generally a moron.

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
I have no idea why he even said it was an American plane.

I was actually asking what either of you meant by 'American plane' or 'Canadian plane.' Are you referring to where the plane was designed? assembled? certified? registered? owned? maintained?

And why would it matter to anyone? You, for instance.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
not sure where you got the idea is was an American plane. He was flying from California to Nanaimo but it was a Canadian plane.
Here is the only definitive thing I have heard - and I would not expect to hear the official report for quite some time.
"the operator reported an equipment issue and deviated from the approach before dropping off radar."
Could be many many things.
That was from the first news I heard of it. No idea where they got it from. Shoddy journalism if they thought that because it was coming from California. Sucks wither way.

VIBC

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
What would constitute an acceptable reason.

Presumably this means 'What would constitute an acceptable reason (to me) for defining the plane that recently crashed on Gabriola as either American or Canadian?'

I have no predefined criteria for 'accepting' your reasons for anything whatsoever. Just was curious about why it feels so important to you and another poster that you were 'correcting' (?) him on it :). And wondering what either of you meant by "Canadian plane" and "American plane."