Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Or would that be 'left.' Given how the poor benefit the most from free trade, I guess free trade ought to be considered more of a left movement. Seeing how protectionism is more closely associated with nationalism and free trade with internationalism, and we tend to associated internationalism with the left and nationalism with the right, protectionism would seem to be more right and free trade more left.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
True. Plus the NDP and trump are not as different from one another as they'd like to think, at least in their views on nationalism. They both tend to be protectionist (Mulcair being one of the few exceptions in his party).

This is a Canadian and NDP problem... it has nothing to do with Trump.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This is a Canadian and NDP problem... it has nothing to do with Trump.

You're reading too much into my statement. I was not implying anything about the shooting being Trump's fault. I was just saying that Trump and the NDP share more in common than they'd like to admit.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Protectionism promotes economic inefficiency and so contributes to inflation which hurts the poor the most.

Trump doesn't mind paying tariffs because he can afford it. Not the ordinary working man though.

So you'd rather see jobs going to Bangladesh?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You're reading too much into my statement. I was not implying anything about the shooting being Trump's fault. I was just saying that Trump and the NDP share more in common than they'd like to admit.

Your opinion but we can respectfully disagree.

How long has the NDP been a hate group? Do you think there are more NDP terrorists out there?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
^
#alternatefact

I know it's difficult for Trumpites to accept. That's why it's so funny.

I'd like to take the time and go back through the old threads when free-trade was discussed. I know Cliffy fought long and hard against free trade and folks like Loc and probably you fought for free trade. I know it pains you and I know you would never admit that you agree with a leftard like Cliffy but we know.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How did this thread get so far off topic? Albeit maybe I was one of the ones contributing to it! I think it's quite a stretch to jump from murder to economics although I suppose that can happen when passing life sentences in lieu of Ol' Sparky and the rope. :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I've been telling the A$$hole that for close to ten years along with about a dozen others, it's like trying to penetrate concrete to find two brain cells. He just don't have 'em ts! :)

It must drive you absolutely crazy to have somebody you think is an idiot, hand you your a$$ day after day after day. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It must drive you absolutely crazy to have somebody you think is an idiot, hand you your a$$ day after day after day. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you

If you are sufficiently dumbed down, it all just bounces off of you.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Poster Child of the NDP... and the Face of Terror

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
As we learned in Quebec, no one is safe from extremism

That narrative of civilization under siege has been popularized by nationalist political parties across Europe and by right-wing media in the United States. Now, it has been normalized by Mr. Trump, who warned against "the hateful ideology of radical Islam" during his campaign. His chief adviser, Stephen Bannon, warned in 2014 that "there is a major war brewing, a war that's already global." Among the President's first acts in office was to slap a completely arbitrary ban on visitors, immigrants and refugees from seven Muslim-majority countries, which caused a furious backlash and total chaos.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/op...http://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile