Matt Gaetz

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

U.S. Attorney Letter Confirms Rep. Gaetz’s Version Of Events In Bizarre ‘Sex Trafficking’ Story.​

50042432316_c3d21b856f_o-1160x773.jpg

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Former Air Force intelligence officer accused of trying to extort Matt Gaetz breaks silence to admit he DID ask congressman's father for $25M - but says it was to rescue American hostage Robert Levinson in Iran

• Bob Kent sought to clear his name in a bizarre interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo on Monday night
  • He explained that he approached Matt Gaetz's father Don last month seeking $25million to finance a plot to rescue American hostage Robert Levinson in Iran
  • Kent said that he thought involving Gaetz in the rescue mission would create 'good will' for the congressman as he faced 'legal issues'
  • In messages released by Gaetz last week, Kent said he had information about a Justice Department probe into sex trafficking allegations
  • Kent insisted that it was not his intention to extort the Gaetz family
  • He said he told Don 'if he decides not to help us, he'll never hear from me again'
By MEGAN SHEETS FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 23:43 EDT, 5 April 2021 | UPDATED: 07:27 EDT, 6 April 2021

-
-
-
McGee and Kent said that Gaetz was about to be indicted but that they could stop it if the Gaetz family put up $25million which would help secure Levinson's release.

Levinson worked for the FBI for 22 years then vanished in 2007 while in Iran. Nothing was known as to whether he was alive or dead until 2011 when Levinson's family shared images and a video of him being held captive and pleading for help.

Levinson's family said in March 2020 that they had been informed by US officials that he had died in Iranian custody, while being held in Iran as the longest-held hostage in American history.

But Kent claimed he was very much alive and that if Gaetz provided the money to release him, he would be given public credit for the operation and the 'team' would tell President Biden to give him a pardon in the sex trafficking case.

McGee used to work for the Department of Justice but now works in private practice and is the Levinson family's lawyer.

Kent has claimed in the past that he has worked on plans to secure Levinson's release.

Speaking to CNN on Monday night, Kent said that if Gaetz really believed he was being extorted 'he could have kept this quiet and gone to the FBI'.

Instead Kent said Gaetz 'exposed the Levinson family to additional grief, and he's capitalizing off that and trying to direct attention from himself'.

'Robert Levinson is a constituent of Matt Gaetz, and you know - the congressman just made the Levinson situation worse,' Kent said.

'If he is alive, he is directly impacting his predicament right now.'

Cuomo pressed Kent to explain the details about the investigation that he included in his letter to Don - specifically the part about the allegedly compromising photos.

'How confident are you in what you are told?' Cuomo asked.

Kent replied: 'So, you can never be confident of rumors. Those are just rumors that are rampant in north Florida among the legal and journalist communities.

'I don't have any information on a federal investigation. Those were just rumors that were circulating.'

Asked about Don's claims that he was wearing a wire during their meeting, Kent said he hoped that was true because it would prove what he'd said.

Kent spoke out for the first time as Gaetz published a defiant op-ed for the Washington Examiner, in which he insisted that he will not quit Congress, denied accusations he had sex with a 17-year-old girl and said he's being targeted by political enemies because he 'loathes the swamp.'
-
-
-
-Much more

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
NYT making shit up again

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Gaetz narrative kinda falling apart, a lot on twitter pointing out that Gaetz to date doesn't have 1 accuser coming forward where Cuomo is up to 9 accusers

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Gaetz narrative kinda falling apart, a lot on twitter pointing out that Gaetz to date doesn't have 1 accuser coming forward where Cuomo is up to 9 accusers

Probably because 1. the incident about human trafficking is based on a 17 year old and she likely is already being spoken to by the cops, and 2. the other incidents of issue are around him being a sugar daddy, pretty much which IMO isn't so big a deal so long as all parties agree. Unless things have changed in the story of course. From the sounds of some of it though, it's mostly been shown Gaetz is a disgusting, misogynistic asshole who has entitlement issues.

Still waiting to see if his sex trafficking of the 17 year old pans out or not.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Probably because 1. the incident about human trafficking is based on a 17 year old and she likely is already being spoken to by the cops, and 2. the other incidents of issue are around him being a sugar daddy, pretty much which IMO isn't so big a deal so long as all parties agree. Unless things have changed in the story of course. From the sounds of some of it though, it's mostly been shown Gaetz is a disgusting, misogynistic asshole who has entitlement issues.

Kent, you know the one in the middle of the $25 Million extortion accusation admitted to asking for the money and the Gaetz accusations were based on a rumor in post #64

Cuomo pressed Kent to explain the details about the investigation that he included in his letter to Don - specifically the part about the allegedly compromising photos.

'How confident are you in what you are told?' Cuomo asked.

Kent replied: 'So, you can never be confident of rumors. Those are just rumors that are rampant in north Florida among the legal and journalist communities.

'I don't have any information on a federal investigation. Those were just rumors that were circulating.'

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

What you get your talking points from CNN..

There is so much BS going on in the USA, slinging stupid shit, yelling racism every 2 minutes.. The country is a joke, and it's sucking stupid people in at a record rate.

Just give your head a shake..

The USA is lost, the world power is now China, because Americans have their heads up their asses they don't even realize China killed 1/2 million Americans without firing a shot and won the battle

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
What you get your talking points from CNN..

There is so much BS going on in the USA, slinging stupid shit, yelling racism every 2 minutes.. The country is a joke, and it's sucking stupid people in at a record rate.

Just give your head a shake..

The USA is lost, the world power is now China, because Americans have their heads up their asses they don't even realize China killed 1/2 million Americans without firing a shot and won the battle
CNN got the truth out of Kent I imagine to their own disappointment

Kent is the NYT source

Reactions: Danbones

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Do tell...But DON"T LOOK IN THE CAGES FULL OF THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of CHILDREN DOWN ON THE BORDER!!!

I had to install a camera in my truck, because migrants have been jumping in front of trucks trying to get a ride..

Hiway 82 from Laredo, TX 4 migrants did that to me.. 🤬🤬

... or in this case two vehicles cut in front of me and slam on their breaks.. It saves my ass in case of an accident.

Uploads to the Internet every 5 minutes.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So here's a question for those who think this is a falsehood going after Gaetz...

Did you feel the same about Billy Clinton when his accusations came out?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

POLL: Vast Majority Of Constituents Believe Rep Gaetz Innocent, Should NOT Resign.

What’s more, the poll also found that 71.81 percent – nearly three-quarters – of Gaetz’s district felt that he should not resign. Just 18.72 percent feel that Gaetz should resign.

The numbers follow allegations stirred by the mainstream media that the Florida congressman engaged in sex trafficking of underage girls, with staffers from Gaetz’s office revealing the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) used journalists as sources for tips. In recent days, the narrative has also shifted from allegations of Gaetz’s participation in a sex trafficking ring to scrutinizing alleged payments made on the app Venmo. And key players in the story, such as Bob Kent, who admitted to seeking $25,000,000 from the Gaetz family, have even given bizarre interviews on CNN.

Meanwhile, Gaetz’s story has not shifted, as he maintains the allegations are part of a broader plot to extort his family for $25 million. The congressman doubled down on his innocence while speaking at a Women for America First event on April 9th.

“So when you see the leaks and the lies and the falsehoods and the smears, when you see the anonymous sources and insiders forecasting my demise, know this: They aren’t really coming for me. They’re coming for you. I’m just in the way,” Gaetz asserted.

Reactions: Danbones

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Are you old enough to remember it happening live?

I am.

Clinton's continual denial turned into "okay well maybe I lied" and he got impeached for it.

But I also remember the automatic "He did it! He's lying!" from the right though it was just talk/speculation at the time.

It's pretty much a repeat with Gaetz, only the right is in denial.

And if Clinton can be impeached for lying about a blow job in office, considering the stuff coming out about Gaetz... why is he getting super special backing?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I am.

Clinton's continual denial turned into "okay well maybe I lied" and he got impeached for it.

But I also remember the automatic "He did it! He's lying!" from the right though it was just talk/speculation at the time.

It's pretty much a repeat with Gaetz, only the right is in denial.

And if Clinton can be impeached for lying about a blow job in office, considering the stuff coming out about Gaetz... why is he getting super special backing?
He never got impeached for the BJ, he got impeached for lying under oath, and if Gaetz did the same I would expect he should be removed from office as well.