Marijuana improves couple intimacy, new research suggests

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Should you toke up to keep the fire going in your relationship? Science says "yes," with moderation, of course. Indeed, research recently published in the journal Cannabis suggests that some amount of marijuana use by couples can lead to greater feelings of intimacy.

The scientists, hailing from the University of Buffalo and the University of Houston, recruited 183 heterosexual couples from the American Northeast for the 30-day study. To qualify, the participants had to be regular users of marijuana (2+ times a week).

For 30 days, the subjects used a mobile app to note every time they used pot or engaged in any intimate event with their partner. If intimacy had occurred, the event would be reported in the morning as an answer to this question: "At any time yesterday, did you have an interaction or meaningful conversation with your partner that involved intimacy, love, caring, or support?"

Checking the data of intimacy events against marijuana use, the researchers found that it was much more likely for intimacy moments to take place within two hours of using marijuana. This held true if both or even just one of the partners partook of weed.

The frequency of marijuana use during this period was one out of every two days.

Such findings indicate that marijuana use can contribute to strengthening intimacy in a relationship. The authors conclude that two different methods of analysis give "robust support for the positive effects of using marijuana at the same time as or in the presence of one's partner on subsequent experiences of intimacy."

This was true for both men and women. What's interesting is that as opposed to studies on alcohol, which found that both partners had to drink go gain benefits in a relationship, ingesting marijuana can bring the same benefits even if only one partner uses it.

Previous research has also found that marijuana users tend to have up to 20 percent more sex than non-users. Women who smoke pot not only experience an increase in libido but have better orgasms, too.

It should be noted as well that marijuana use, besides still not being fully legal in most of the U.S., may lead to substance abuse, which has been linked to lower relationship success, aggression and divorce.

https://bigthink.com/sex-relationships/marijuana-sex?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

I think the scientists have been smoking to much wacky tobacco. Just Say'in.

Redy321

Nov 22, 2020

Should you toke up to keep the fire going in your relationship? Science says "yes," with moderation, of course. Indeed, research recently published in the journal Cannabis suggests that some amount of marijuana use by couples can lead to greater feelings of intimacy.

The scientists, hailing from the University of Buffalo and the University of Houston, recruited 183 heterosexual couples from the American Northeast for the 30-day study. To qualify, the participants had to be regular users of marijuana (2+ times a week).

For 30 days, the subjects used a mobile app to note every time they used pot or engaged in any intimate event with their partner. If intimacy had occurred, the event would be reported in the morning as an answer to this question: "At any time yesterday, did you have an interaction or meaningful conversation with your partner that involved intimacy, love, caring, or support?"

Checking the data of intimacy events against marijuana use, the researchers found that it was much more likely for intimacy moments to take place within two hours of using marijuana. This held true if both or even just one of the partners partook of weed.

The frequency of marijuana use during this period was one out of every two days.

Such findings indicate that marijuana use can contribute to strengthening intimacy in a relationship. The authors conclude that two different methods of analysis give "robust support for the positive effects of using marijuana at the same time as or in the presence of one's partner on subsequent experiences of intimacy."

This was true for both men and women. What's interesting is that as opposed to studies on alcohol, which found that both partners had to drink go gain benefits in a relationship, ingesting marijuana can bring the same benefits even if only one partner uses it.

Previous research has also found that marijuana users tend to have up to 20 percent more sex than non-users. Women who smoke pot not only experience an increase in libido but have better orgasms, too.

It should be noted as well that marijuana use, besides still not being fully legal in most of the U.S., may lead to substance abuse, which has been linked to lower relationship success, aggression and divorce.

https://bigthink.com/sex-relationships/marijuana-sex?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

I think the scientists have been smoking to much wacky tobacco. Just Say'in.
Interesting information, thank you. I'll check this information:)
I noticed something similar in simple communication in companies. My friends and I smoke marijuana and eat magic mushrooms, we have fun and always only positive emotions:)

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Latest marketing attempt by guys to be allowed to continue smoking and encourage love making.

Redy321

Nov 22, 2020
I think this is very interesting information and I said thank you to the person who shared it. As I said, I noticed something similar in simple communication in companies. My friends and I smoke marijuana and eat magic mushrooms and there are no bad effects. Each of us works in different areas, even one of us is a doctor, we always monitor the dose. We also buy magic shrooms only from proven websites. As you can see it is safe and our company are successful people. What about me, I just checked an interesting fact that is true. This is just my opinion:)

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Such findings indicate that marijuana use can contribute to strengthening intimacy in a relationship.
So, it could strengthen a relationship.....or could do the exact opposite.

Glad we settled that.

Reactions: petros

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So, it could strengthen a relationship.....or could do the exact opposite.

Glad we settled that.
That one is largely bullshit. They work on the faulty premise that pot is a gateway drug with zero evidence. Also pot does not normally lead to aggressive behaviour, quite the opposite. There is a small minority of what we call chronic that just get baked far too often and do not much else. That can lead to divorce.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I call BS. If my significant other had breath that smelled like a skunks arse, that would certainly not heighten our intimacy.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
It intensifies the experience. If you've ever had a favorite sweet snack (candy bar) while buzzing, think how that felt, every taste bud in your mouth dancing on the flavor. Similar with sex, just way better, way better. Chug some scope, it's worth it.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
It intensifies the experience. If you've ever had a favorite sweet snack (candy bar) while buzzing, think how that felt, every taste bud in your mouth dancing on the flavor. Similar with sex, just way better, way better. Chug some scope, it's worth it.
There are many ways to intensify the experience, but I'm not convinced that there is a direct relationship between intensity and intimacy. No doubt about it, I can think of ways that increase intensity that would decrease intimacy.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
the participants had to be regular users of marijuana (2+ times a week).

For 30 days, the subjects used a mobile app to note every time they used pot or engaged in any intimate event with their partner. If intimacy had occurred, the event would be reported in the morning as an answer to this question: "At any time yesterday, did you have an interaction
Well, every time my neighbor smokes weed, we end up having oral sex.

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you too!"

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There are many ways to intensify the experience, but I'm not convinced that there is a direct relationship between intensity and intimacy. No doubt about it, I can think of ways that increase intensity that would decrease intimacy.
Hey man, some folks zig, some folks zag. Whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: taxslave