Mansplaning 🤷*♂️🤔

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This tends not to happen to me in the last decade (having a long grey goatee), but I've been on the receiving end of this sort'a thing in my youth by both men & women. When woman do this, is it also 'mansplaining'???
Don't fall down the Trumphole, Ron. The fact that women do it sometimes don't mean it ain't sexist. That's like "Oh, the cops shot a white guy, so there can't be racism in policing."

Men occasionally, rarely get breast cancer too. Does that mean it ain't a women's problem?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Don't fall down the Trumphole, Ron. The fact that women do it sometimes don't mean it ain't sexist. That's like "Oh, the cops shot a white guy, so there can't be racism in policing."
As opposed to "Oh, the cops shot a Black guy so therefore the entire US police system is systemically racist".

Reactions: Mowich

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Men occasionally, rarely get breast cancer too. Does that mean it ain't a women's problem?
Our Sock Boy up here might call it “People-Splaining” or something like that...but whatever...I get it.

Reactions: Mowich

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As opposed to "Oh, the cops shot a Black guy so therefore the entire US police system is systemically racist".
No, as opposed to "Oh, the cops shot a White guy, therefore in a country with huge historical racial problems, in which the FBI released a report in 2006 about the increasing problem of White supremacy in policing, there can't possibly be any racial bias, because all of that magically vanished from the mind and heart of every American in 1964 and now my pale Canadian ass is chapped because people with the same skin color as mine in a completely different country are butthurt!"

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
She claimed to have never won more than $100 in one shot. The only time I liked bingo was the 2 years I was a caller/runner during my last two years of high school. We made at least $200 every night at a time when the minimum wage was still less than $5/hr. It was hilarious. I was 18-19 yrs old and making $1000+/ week for not very hard work at all.

How did you manage to make that much when the minimum wage was less than $5/hr?

I was dragged to a bingo hall once and never went back, nothing but a waste of both time and money.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No, as opposed to "Oh, the cops shot a White guy, therefore in a country with huge historical racial problems, in which the FBI released a report in 2006 about the increasing problem of White supremacy in policing, there can't possibly be any racial bias, because all of that magically vanished from the mind and heart of every American in 1964 and now my pale Canadian ass is chapped because people with the same skin color as mine in a completely different country are butthurt!"
And yet the same FBI's stats show that White cops have been responsible for fewer than half of the Black people killed by police over the last 20 years. Which is an interesting stat because White people make up the majority of the nation's police forces. So it's non-White cops who are killing the majority of Black people who are killed by cop.

An independent study done by the University of Pennsylvania also showed that Black cops are 3.3 times more likely to fire their weapon at a suspect than any other race of cop. The study's finding is borne out by DoJ stats.

The stats about the number of police interactions are also skewed. Some jurisdictions, like Chicago, require the police to fill out a report if they interact with a person of colour for any reason. Even if it's something as benign as pulling someone over to let them know their tail or brake light isn't working. For political haymaking purposes, even those kinds of interactions are counted in the stats.

But let's look at what really got this all started, again. The murder of George Floyd. Now, despite the fact he was a violent career criminal the cops had no right to summarily execute him. But by the same token, BLM and other leftists have turned him into a martyr. Meanwhile the city administration has gone full defund the police.
But that's where it gets interesting. The store where it all began long had a policy of not calling the police over non-violent crimes going on around or in the store. If someone passed a fake note, the owners would eat the sale and simply ban the person from their store. However, the cops noticed the amount of criminal activity and informed the City. The City put pressure on the owners to start calling the cops about non-violent crimes on their property or else they'd lose their business license.

If the City, the same City that is now defunding their cops over the George Floyd incident, hadn't coerced the store owners into calling the cops over non-violent crimes, Floyd would have simply been banned from the store. And you know what the real irony is? It was a Black kid who called the cops. He's an immigrant who now doesn't like the US because he doesn't understand how it works. He did what he thought was the right thing and is now being blamed, in part, for playing a part in Floyd's death. He's also dealing with the guilt that the cops killed a man over funny money and he's the one who called them. But according to the BLM crowd's reaction, his life doesn't matter. He's some kind of race traitor or something I guess.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And yet the same FBI's stats show that White cops have been responsible for fewer than half of the Black people killed by police over the last 20 years. Which is an interesting stat because White people make up the majority of the nation's police forces. So it's non-White cops who are killing the majority of Black people who are killed by cop.
And there's a reason for that. And I'd tell you what it is, but why bother? You have your mind made up. There is no racism in America except anti-White racism practiced by non-Whites and "liberals."

Still not sure why a Canadian gets so spittle-flecked crazy about this, but I guess we all need an outlet for our inadequacies and insecurities.

You hate non-White people. And anybody who acknowledges that being non-White in America makes your road steeper and rougher in a million little ways (as does being poor regardless of skin color).

We get it. You've made it clear, yelled it from the rooftops, driven it home, and carved it in stone.

Anything else?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And there's a reason for that. And I'd tell you what it is, but why bother? You have your mind made up. There is no racism in America except anti-White racism practiced by non-Whites and "liberals."

Still not sure why a Canadian gets so spittle-flecked crazy about this, but I guess we all need an outlet for our inadequacies and insecurities.

You hate non-White people. And anybody who acknowledges that being non-White in America makes your road steeper and rougher in a million little ways (as does being poor regardless of skin color).

We get it. You've made it clear, yelled it from the rooftops, driven it home, and carved it in stone.

Anything else?
You read a lot that isn’t there .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Mansplaing/womansplaining - both terms serve only to add more fuel to the fires of divisiveness.
Yep. They all amount to a certain type of personality, without respect to race, sex, religion, whatever, that states that you cannot have useful input to something unless you are a member of a certain group.

Many Vietnam veterans put down people's opinions about the Vietnam War with "You weren't there." As if one year as an infantry private in Da Nang gives a person a better understanding of the history and implications of colonialism in Asia and the geopolitical situation and maneuverings of the major powers than a years-long course of study and research in history, geography, political science, and diplomacy.

Reason I don't Indunsplain is that I'm aware that most of what we know about pre-1500 American cultures, we get from overwhelmingly White archaeologists, historians, and anthropologists.

Reactions: taxslave

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yep. They all amount to a certain type of personality, without respect to race, sex, religion, whatever, that states that you cannot have useful input to something unless you are a member of a certain group.

Many Vietnam veterans put down people's opinions about the Vietnam War with "You weren't there." As if one year as an infantry private in Da Nang gives a person a better understanding of the history and implications of colonialism in Asia and the geopolitical situation and maneuverings of the major powers than a years-long course of study and research in history, geography, political science, and diplomacy.

Reason I don't Indunsplain is that I'm aware that most of what we know about pre-1500 American cultures, we get from overwhelmingly White archaeologists, historians, and anthropologists.
So because they are 'White' that makes their studies etc of pre-colonial civilizations wrong, eh. Good to know.
But of course we should take what modern day Indigenous say about how their people lived over a thousand years ago as verbatim because they are "Indigenous'. Don't bother throwing that old canard about oral history into the conversation as I do not believe that people who for the most part were just trying to survive had much time to talk about the good old days prior to the coming of the Europeans. Indigenous memories can be just as faulty as those of any other group of people and considering the trauma they went through there is every reason to believe that most of it was just wishful thinking.
Now if some Indigenous -can't be White - anthropologist uncovers a written history of the pre-colonial times that supports their views, I will be more than willing to change my opinion.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So because they are 'White' that makes their studies etc of pre-colonial civilizations wrong, eh. Good to know.
How the hell did you get that from what I said? I said specifically that "most of what we know" about Native cultures before contact came from the work of White scholars. That's why I DON'T "Indunsplain," i.e., claim that if you're not Native, you can't possibly know about or understand Native culture.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Most of whom it seems were wrong.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Most of whom it seems were wrong.
Obviously, none of them had the full story. That ain't what history, archaeology, and anthropology are about. Responsible ones view the evidence as objectively as they can and devise theories and draw conclusions based on the evidence and sound logical principles.

Then get told they're wrong by a bunch of Yahoos who BELIEVE!

Not much different from trying to explain evolution with some Biblethumper screeching about Gawd.