Mansplaning 🤷*♂️🤔

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
mansplaining
/ˈmanˌsplāniNG/

the explanation of something by a man, typically to a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.
"your response is classic mansplaining"

Seems the left is runni g out of insults like racist, so they have to come up with new ones. :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Mowich

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
mansplaining
/ˈmanˌsplāniNG/
the explanation of something by a man, typically to a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.
Seems the left is runni g out of insults like racist, so they have to come up with new ones. :lol: :lol:

Actually the word mansplaining has been around since 2008, so not really new.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yes it is twelve years old , it meant nothing before that , and still means nothing .

Why does it mean nothing? Because it means nothing to you? I mean I'm not surprised considering the whole rape is just a guy having a sex life thing, so we already know how you feel about women. But why does it mean nothing? And did I comment on it meaning anything? Nope, I stated that it wasn't new, but made no comment further than that. There you are being a pest again. Boy, you just can't keep away from me can you?

And yay for you, you can count.

Reactions: JLM

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why does it mean nothing? Because it means nothing to you? I mean I'm not surprised considering the whole rape is just a guy having a sex life thing, so we already know how you feel about women. But why does it mean nothing? And did I comment on it meaning anything? Nope, I stated that it wasn't new, but made no comment further than that. There you are being a pest again. Boy, you just can't keep away from me can you?

Why waste your time following me around ? I am not that interesting .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Womansplaining

The tendency of some women to mistakenly believe that they automatically know more about any given topic than does a man and who, consequently, proceed to explain to him - correctly or not - things that he already knows.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Womansplaining
The tendency of some women to mistakenly believe that they automatically know more about any given topic than does a man and who, consequently, proceed to explain to him - correctly or not - things that he already knows.

Yupp

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Womansplaining

I don't believe that I automatically know more about any given topic than does a man, I'll listen first then make that determination accordingly. And sometimes I do know more concerning the topic at hand, and sometimes I don't. Isn't that reasonable? Don't you give a woman a chance to converse before judging her knowledge on a topic? Or do you automatically think you know more because you're a man?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I don't believe that I automatically know more about any given topic than does a man, I'll listen first then make that determination accordingly.
:lol: :lol: Really? Are ya sure? He said some women and you got kind'a self-defensive about it.

He's right though. Back when I was still married to my hag of an ex, we got into a huge argument about how banks do automatic payment withdrawals. She decided that because she worked part-time at a small town bank for 6 months 20 years prior, that she was an expert on the subject, despite the fact she was dead wrong.
She was also one of those pains in the ass who would ask you to do something, and then proceed to tell you how to do it while you're doing it. If you know how to do it, then why the f*ck are asking me to do it? In her case it was especially galling because all she did all day was sit on her ass, get high and watch those crappy judge shows and Oprah, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil etc between bingo sessions.

Thank god the wonderful lady I'm married to now isn't a lazy idiot.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's alright for women to complain about mansplaining but mention womansplaining and they get angry.

They can dish it out but not take it.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
:lol: :lol: Really? Are ya sure? He said some women and you got kind'a self-defensive about it.
He's right though. Back when I was still married to my hag of an ex, we got into a huge argument about how banks do automatic payment withdrawals. She decided that because she worked part-time at a small town bank for 6 months 20 years prior, that she was an expert on the subject, despite the fact she was dead wrong.
She was also one of those pains in the ass who would ask you to do something, and then proceed to tell you how to do it while you're doing it. If you know how to do it, then why the f*ck are asking me to do it? In her case it was especially galling because all she did all day was sit on her ass, get high and watch those crappy judge shows and Oprah, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil etc between bingo sessions.
Thank god the wonderful lady I'm married to now isn't a lazy idiot.

Yeah I'm sure, thanks. And no, not defensive, I knew how the post was intended considering who posted it and so I responded accordingly. Nothing wrong with that right?

And sounds like you had a troubled first marriage, sorry to hear that. Of course not hearing your hag ex's side we're not seeing the whole picture. How does that saying go? There are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yeah I'm sure, thanks. And no, not defensive, I knew how the post was intended considering who posted it and so I responded accordingly. Nothing wrong with that right?

And sounds like you had a troubled first marriage, sorry to hear that. Of course not hearing your hag ex's side we're not seeing the whole picture. How does that saying go? There are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.
Well, the judge didn't like her too much either so... :lol: He ordered me to pay her the $5,000 she came into the marriage with and told her she was lucky she was even getting that. Her near $40,000/yr bingo habit saw to that.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
mansplaining
/ˈmanˌsplāniNG/

This tends not to happen to me in the last decade (having a long grey goatee), but I've been on the receiving end of this sort'a thing in my youth by both men & women. When woman do this, is it also 'mansplaining'???

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Well, the judge didn't like her too much either so... :lol: He ordered me to pay her the $5,000 she came into the marriage with and told her she was lucky she was even getting that. Her near $40,000/yr bingo habit saw to that.

40 grand a year on bingo? Did she at least win some of that back? I never saw what was so appealing about bingo.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
40 grand a year on bingo? Did she at least win some of that back? I never saw what was so appealing about bingo.
She claimed to have never won more than $100 in one shot. The only time I liked bingo was the 2 years I was a caller/runner during my last two years of high school. We made at least $200 every night at a time when the minimum wage was still less than $5/hr. It was hilarious. I was 18-19 yrs old and making $1000+/ week for not very hard work at all.