Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1611947859185.png

London mayoral race 2021: The candidates who say they will be standing​

29 January 2021

BBC News

London City Hall

Londoners will head to the polls on 6 May to elect a mayor and 25 London Assembly members.

More than six million people are registered to vote in the capital with the mayoral election normally taking place every four years.

This election was originally meant to take place in May 2020 but it was postponed due to the pandemic.

These are the candidates who have said they intend to stand for mayor this year (listed alphabetically):

Shaun Bailey, Conservatives​

Shaun Bailey

A former youth worker who currently serves as a Conservative on the London Assembly.

Kam Balayev, Renew​

Kam Balayev

The Renew Party candidate has worked in the field of international law, global risk and transnational business.

Sian Berry, Green Party​

Sian Berry

The co-leader of the Green Party currently serves as a London Assembly member and councillor in Camden.

Count Binface, Independent​

Count Binface

A self-proclaimed interplanetary space warrior, who has challenged both Boris Johnson and Theresa May in general elections.

Valerie Brown, Burning Pink​

Valerie Brown

Burning Pink's candidate describes herself as a mother, grandmother and vigilante.

Piers Corbyn, Independent​

Piers Corbyn

A long-term weather forecaster who is the older brother of former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and a well-known anti-lockdown protestor.

Drillminister, Independent​

Drillminister

A London-born drill rapper who is running as an independent candidate.

Peter Gammons, UKIP​

Peter Gammons

UKIP's candidate describes himself as motivational speaker, broadcaster and author who has spoken at world conferences and events.

Sadiq Khan, Labour​

Sadiq Khan

Served as MP for Tooting for 11 years before he was elected mayor of London in 2016.

David Kurten, Heritage Party​

David Kurten

A former teacher who sits with the Brexit Alliance Group on the London Assembly.

Farah London, Independent​

Farah London

The Croydon-born businesswoman has worked in the commercial sector for 22 years.

Winston McKenzie, Unity In Action​

Winston McKenzie

The 2016 Celebrity Big Brother contestant is founder and leader of the Unity In Action Party.

Charlie Mullins, Independent​

Charlie Mullins

The independent candidate is the founder and chairman of Pimlico Plumbers.

Nims Obunge, Independent​

Nims Obunge

A pastor who is chief executive of The Peace Alliance, which was set up to tackle knife crime.

Luisa Porritt, Liberal Democrats​

Luisa Porritt

A Camden councillor who served as an MEP for the Lib Dems between 2019 and 2020.

Rosalind Readhead, Independent​

Rosalind Readhead

An environmental campaigner who is running as an independent candidate.

Mandu Reid, Women's Equality Party​

Mandu Reid

The leader of the Women's Equality Party has worked for all three of London's previous mayors on various projects.

Brian Rose, Independent​

Brian Rose

A former Wall Street banker who founded the media firm London Real.

All candidates must submit their completed nomination papers by 16:00 on 30 March to stand in the election.

Those standing for mayor must have 330 signatures of people on the electoral register in London supporting their nomination, consisting of 10 from each borough and 10 from the City of London.

A deposit of £10,000 is also required which is returned if the candidate gets more than 5% of first choice votes in the election.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think London needs someone with Christian values to be major of London, it was the Christians who made London great in the first place .

So that's not Sadiq Khan, then.

There have only been three London mayors since the city was founded in 43AD and the best of them so far has been Boris Johnson. He managed to serve two terms in what is a Labour city.

I fancy David Kurten to be mayor, but I'm not eligible to vote in it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm kinda partial to Count Binface.

He's a Left-wing politician with a difference: his policies are even loopier than most Lefty policies:

My Exclusive 2019 Manifesto is here!​

1611951963784.png

Earthlings, behold below my bold and bracing set of policies for the election campaign. It is officially the most detailed Count Binface manifesto yet, and it is a fully-costed programme that marries fiscal responsibility and public investment with an interest in lasers.

1. London Bridge to be renamed ‘Phoebe Waller’.​

2. Ceefax to be brought back immediately.​

3. Investment in 20,001 more police officers.​

4. Nationalisation of the model railways (and Adele).​

5. Ross Kemp to be the next poet laureate.​

6. Massive expansion in recycling in all sectors except Hollywood movie plots.​

7. £1 trillion a week for the NHS.​

8. Sir David Attenborough to be on the fourth plinth at Trafalgar Square (or a statue of him, I don’t mind which).​

9. Any Czechs on the Irish border are to be allowed to stay there.​

10. Philip Green’s estates to be used as land for social housing.​

11. Piers Morgan to be zero emissions by 2030.​

12. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.​

13. Regeneration of the “Intu” Shopping Centre, Uxbridge.​

14. Speakerphones to be banned on public transport.​

15. Donald Trump’s life to be the source material for a new pantomime at the London Palladium, starring Julian Clary as Trump and Gary Wilmot as Barack Obama.​

16. Shops that play Christmas music before December are to be closed down and turned into public libraries.​

17. Abolition of the Lords (all of them this time).​

18. Universal Credit to be repealed and, more importantly, renamed. (Nowhere else in the universe would enact a policy devised by Iain Duncan Smith)​

19. BBC commentator on all state occasions to be Craig Charles.​

20. Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.​

21. The hand dryer in the gents’ toilet at the Crown & Treaty, Uxbridge to be moved to a more sensible position.​

22. The BBC to bring back Grandstand, no matter what sports it can afford the rights to.​

23. Jacob Rees-Mogg to be prorogued.​

24. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.​

25. Nuclear weapons: a firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.​

26. University tuition fees to be charged to any politician who has ever voted for university tuition fees, plus interest.​

27. Stop selling arms to repressive regime. Start buying lasers from Count Binface.​

28. Novelty candidates in British elections must not be controlled or exploited in any way by film producers in the United States.​

29. On Brexit: there must be another referendum, about whether there should be another referendum.​

30. Oh and I’ll throw in free broadband​

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I have no idea. He has a cool name and costume.

1611953930794.png

Count Binface is a character created by the British comedian Jon Harvey, first announced on Twitter on 12 December 2018.

He claims to be 5,965 years old.

His policies for this election include:

In earlier elections Harvey stood as Lord Buckethead, but was forced to change the name due to a copyright dispute with Todd Durham, the originator of the character.[2][3] Another individual contested the Uxbridge and South Ruislip seat (Boris Johnson's) as Buckethead, representing the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, to which Binface said he "look forward to both the hustings and to challenging [him] to take part in a receptacle-to-receptacle debate".

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1614939796819.png

Vote Out SADIQ 🤦‍♂️ Clueless, 📦✅ & Dangerous London Mayor 🤬 Khan Has Had An AMAZING 🚊 Idea 💡🤪

How is this man the Mayor of the greatest city & capital on earth 🌎

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1615106493193.png

Sadiq Khan Hits The Campaign Trail. 6 Local Residents Approach, He Runs & Hides 🤣😂

Khan lays a cable in his pants when real Londoners want to ask him some questions.

Reactions: taxslave

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1615376226445.png

Actor Laurence Fox, founder and leader of the new right-wing party Reclaim, best known for playing a detective in ITV drama series Lewis, has just thrown his hat into the ring...

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
David Kurten (Independent)

Brian Rose (Independent)

Count Binface (Independent)

Sian Berry (Green)

Valerie Brown (Burning Pink)

Kam Balayev (Renew)

Drillminister (Independent)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1615669389674.png

Sadiq Khan The Coward 🤣 Avoids Responding To Laurence Fox By Calling Him Extreme Far Right 🤣😂🤣

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1616596681505.png

BREAKING 🤬 Now Laurence Fox Police Visit Today 👮‍♀️ “Advice” 😳 Free Speech Is...​

Undemocratic...

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
So that's not Sadiq Khan, then.

There have only been three London mayors since the city was founded in 43AD and the best of them so far has been Boris Johnson. He managed to serve two terms in what is a Labour city.

I fancy David Kurten to be mayor, but I'm not eligible to vote in it.
Hopefully, Khan won't be reelected as he's an idiot & a total loser! Why he got elected in the first place is beyond me!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hopefully, Khan won't be reelected as he's an idiot & a total loser! Why he got elected in the first place is beyond me!

London is a leftwing Labour city (although Boris was elected mayor twice).

I've noticed how the Old Bill haven't had words with Khan about campaigning for the election.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

1616935040355.png

SACK Sadiq 🤬 NEW LOW 🤦‍♂️ This Is His Biggest FAIL EVER...​

Khan doesn't want to answer questions on Islamic rape gangs.

Last edited: