Let's play: If an Election Were Held Today

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Trudie isn't ready to face the nation yet his popularity is slipping with round 2 and his handling of it. The vote will not go in his favor for failing to adhere to Queen Tam's orders and killing Halloween for the kids, but would support protests and people going to the polls. He would not win a majority and still be in the same place trying to fend off inquiries over his handling of the economy and ethic violations.

I say Call his bluff

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Trudie isn't ready to face the nation yet his popularity is slipping with round 2 and his handling of it. The vote will not go in his favor for failing to adhere to Queen Tam's orders and killing Halloween for the kids, but would support protests and people going to the polls. He would not win a majority and still be in the same place trying to fend off inquiries over his handling of the economy and ethic violations.

I say Call his bluff

He's run out of runway, he has no choice. It's orchestrate an election now, or face one next spring when his support is even weaker.

But Jagmeet is the one calling the shots right now, it's his decision...and it's pretty obvious what his play is.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Not really what's going on.
The more I think of rolling government employment pensions into the CPP / OAS benefit at age 71 the more I like it. I challenge one recipient to come forth and make a case that they depend on it above the CPP for food and shelter and are deserving and just in claiming they earned it. They could think of it as a contribution to their nation. This is a plan that will attract a lot of votes from across the country.

Still mulling how to reduce MP reimbursement. Ideally the wage would be set at the average wage of all Canadians but they would all throw hissy fits over that. Best plan is to borrow from the Hutterites and the funds go to the party and then the party could pay $90,000 and use the rest to buy nice combines and stuff.

Targeting people who have given up on voting I could win a majority and then watch the crowd thin out in Ottawa.

Time to wake up the sheeple and end the double standard.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Now he is threatening to call an election. I think he should do it.
There is no reason to call an election now. The only reasons that justdim is threatening to do so is because he is terrified of what an inquiry will turn up when they look further into the WE scandal, the lack of accountability for the billions spent - a good portion of which goes to support dubious causes and the government's inept handling of the pandemic which they should have been on top of long before they finally took action.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If an election were held today would it end the parliamentary gamesmanship?

No.

Even at this critical juncture in our history parliament is basically unworkable. The government of Canada will now spend each and every day defending ts actions to the opposition.

Hopefully there won't be a crisis that demands immediate response because it won;t be forthcoming. Instead they will arguing in parliament in order to create the slightest political gain for their team.

This is not the time for business as usual governing. This is why I am pro voting Trudeau or whoever is the Prime Minister those same emergency measure powers that would be granted to him in a war.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
The disenfranchised are still gobsmacked and have yet to accept hes corrupt.

You mean Hoid? He's just trolling.

Truth is...nice hair and a fake whispery soft tone is still more important than substance to most Eastern voters. Corruption can be excused if you lean the right way.

We're all human, man...sometimes bananas just end up in your shorts and you can't really explain it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Voting is currently underway in the HoC on the Opposition's motion to hold a special committee on anti-corruption. No surprise that so far every single liberal sycophant has voted thumbs down - no surprise there, after all none of them want to see their unethical leader held to account for his egregious and continuous refusal to abide by the rule of law.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Voting is currently underway in the HoC on the Opposition's motion to hold a special committee on anti-corruption. No surprise that so far every single liberal sycophant has voted thumbs down - no surprise there, after all none of them want to see their unethical leader held to account for his egregious and continuous refusal to abide by the rule of law.
They need to hang on until they have the golden sixth year .

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
No election. I just hope that every single member of the NDP held their noses as they solidly voted no - in spite of the fact that in this case, it was the right thing to do. However, the WE controversy won't go away. The fact that the liberals still refuse to give valid answers surrounding all the questions around certain items of the pandemic spending won't go away. The controversy around Telford's husbands awarding of a lucrative government won't go away.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Well the bottom line is that nothing was accomplished today.

Our country is facing an epidemic and our entire federal government huddled together all day long accomplishing zero things.

Thanks you conservatives for using my tax dollars in order to continue your never-ending election campaign.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Well the bottom line is that nothing was accomplished today.

Our country is facing an epidemic and our entire federal government huddled together all day long accomplishing zero things.

Thanks you conservatives for using my tax dollars in order to continue your never-ending election campaign.

The conservatives are not "the federal government", not sure where you get that idea from. And all this would have been completely avoided if Trudeau simply provided the documents to committee unredacted as requested. It's really too bad for the country (who is paying his tab) that groper's engaged in such ass-covering games in an effort to hide his blatant corruption.

As you said earlier, the opposition now goes back to the drawing board to figure out how to get the information they need to do their work. There is a lot of mismanagement of time going on here, but I suspect you are either too blind, partisan, or ignorant to see who the culprits actually are. Hint, a party who has nothing to hide does not engage in days of wasteful filibustering to try and discourage facts from coming to light.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No election. I just hope that every single member of the NDP held their noses as they solidly voted no - in spite of the fact that in this case, it was the right thing to do. However, the WE controversy won't go away. The fact that the liberals still refuse to give valid answers surrounding all the questions around certain items of the pandemic spending won't go away. The controversy around Telford's husbands awarding of a lucrative government won't go away.
This impacts our Provincial elections which have voting in progress.
That move just launched the SK Party to new levels. People here are abandoning the NDP on all levels.

We'll see the difference come Saturday for BC and Monday for SK.

It'll be a miracle if NDP get 8 of 61 seats.

SK is the most stable and strongest Province going.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
This impacts our Provincial elections which have voting in progress.
That move just launched the SK Party to new levels. People here are abandoning the NDP on all levels.

We'll see the difference come Saturday for BC and Monday for SK.

It'll be a miracle if NDP get 8 of 61 seats.

SK is the most stable and strongest Province going.
Majority government for the BC NDP.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm predicting SK NDP to be whittled down to 8 of 61 seats from 12.

Mieli is out of touch with reality.
Sounds like what happened to the libbies out here in BC, Pete. The Conservatives apparently played king-maker for the NDP by effectively splitting the vote and cancelling out the liberal candidates.