Jogging while black

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

No. It's taking the truth to a whole new level.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I know everybody loves to get all virtual signal-y about this kind of thing and it's ridiculous this even happened. But let me tell about a young man named Dillon Taylor. Dillon Taylor was shot and killed by a Black cop in Salt Lake City just 3 days after Michael Brown was killed by a cop in Ferguson. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. No race baiting. Taylor's crime? Turning down his iPod in the presence of a police officer he didn't know was behind him. No grand jury hearing, just the State's obviously racist D.A. absolving said officer of any wrong-doing. Dillon Taylor was White.
Michael Kessick was shot twice in the back as he lay face down in the snow, while being tasered. His crime? He apparently was having an issue showing the cop his hands while being tasered and all. A grand jury acquitted her of any wrong doing. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. In Chicago a Black police officer kills a Black criminal (he went to high school with) and the Black community blames Whitey for it.
And not to put TOO fine a point on things, but according to by an independent study out of the University of Pennsylvania and verified by DoJ stats, Black police officers in the US are 3.3 times more likely to discharge their firearm at an "active" scene than any other race of cop.
The simple fact is, cops shoot Black people, White people, Hispanic people, Asian people, you name it. But it's ONLY news when they shoot a Black person, armed or not. And it doesn't matter what colour the cop is either.
As for the OP, that is just some serious bullshit. It's one thing if it's self defense, quite another to simply "think" he's a burglar and unload on the poor bugger. Even if he was simply carrying a gun while he was jogging it's a pretty big jump to go from that to assuming he's "a burglar that needs shot before robbing someone else".

Gotta agree with tb, aside from your last paragraph, what does the rest have to do with the op?

Is this you trying to justify the english prick's racism?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
In fairness? Really?
2 useless pieces of skin gun down an unarmed kid in cold blood and your opening is "in fairness"?

So just ignore all that and carry on virtue signalling.

You don't know everything about what went on here and about what that guy was doing in the neighbourhood.

Going for a jog? Seems like a great excuse to me.

"Nah, he wasn't robbing people's homes. He was just out for a jog!"

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
You don't know everything about what went on here and about what that guy was doing in the neighbourhood.

So you're pro guns now?

Quite the turn of events when someone of a race you despise gets murdered.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So you're pro guns now?
Quite the turn of events when someone of a race you despise gets murdered.

What I find funny is that it's probably actually you and those who agree with you who are the racist ones, not those in disagreement with you and those people who shot that man - and you just can't see it.

Without even knowing all the facts of the case, and probably without even knowing the true reason why he was in the neighbourhood, you've just defended him for no reason other than he is black and attacked those guys as racists for no other reason than they are white. You assume, without knowing the full facts, that because they are white and they killed a black man then they are racists.

I say to you, sir, that it could be you and your friends who are the actual racists here, nobody else

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What I find funny is that it's probably actually you and those who agree with you who are the racist ones, not those in disagreement with you and those people who shot that man - and you just can't see it.

Without even knowing all the facts of the case, and probably without even knowing the true reason why he was in the neighbourhood, you've just defended him for no reason other than he is black and attacked those guys as racists for no other reason than they are white. You assume, without knowing the full facts, that because they are white and they killed a black man then they are racists.

I say to you, sir, that it could be you and your friends who are the actual racists here, nobody else

Actually, pretty sure you're the racist around here and that's easily proven by your own words.

And obviously you don't believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'. Regardless of whether he was burglarizing people or not, these men had no right to hunt him down - and it was a hunt if they followed him - and shoot him. Being an ex-cop, the father KNEW what procedure was so there is NO excuse what so ever.

Instead of a guilty burglar caught in the act, you have two men who didn't have to be murderers now charged and rightly so with that very crime.

Even an idiot like you has to see that much.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Actually, pretty sure you're the racist around here and that's easily proven by your own words.
And obviously you don't believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'. Regardless of whether he was burglarizing people or not, these men had no right to hunt him down - and it was a hunt if they followed him - and shoot him. Being an ex-cop, the father KNEW what procedure was so there is NO excuse what so ever.
Instead of a guilty burglar caught in the act, you have two men who didn't have to be murderers now charged and rightly so with that very crime.
Even an idiot like you has to see that much.

1) You and your friends seem to be the ones indulging in racism here, nobody else. You assume, with hardly any evidence to support you, that because some white people killed a black person then they must be racists. Therefore, you yourself are a racist on thinking this. You're like those lefties on Twitter who once saw a picture of a young black boy modelling a T-shirt with a monkey on it in a clothing catalogue and started accusing the catalogue of being racist, even though the picture was taken entirely innocently with no racist thoughts and it was only THEY, the Twitter mob, who saw a black kid and a picture of a monkey and linked the two together, showing that is is THEY who are the racists.

2) Tis you, not I, who doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty. Tis you, not I, who are assuming that those men are racist murderers even though you know very little facts surrounding the case. You're assuming their guilt rather than assuming their innocence.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
1) You and your friends seem to be the ones indulging in racism here, nobody else. You assume, with hardly any evidence to support you, that because some white people killed a black person then they must be racists. Therefore, you yourself are a racist on thinking this.

I didn't say they were racist. I called them criminals for shooting a man who they shouldn't have shot. But never called them racist.

You're like those lefties on Twitter who once saw a picture of a young black boy modelling a T-shirt with a monkey on it in a clothing catalogue and started accusing the catalogue of being racist, even though the picture was taken entirely innocently with no racist thoughts and it was only THEY, the Twitter mob, who saw a black kid and a picture of a monkey and linked the two together, showing that is is THEY who are the racists.

I remember the image to which you are referring.

Guess what? I never thought that was racist either. I thought it was cute and people were going way the fuk overboard over nothing. It was a kid with a monkey on his shirt, so what?

What was it you said about always being right?

2) Tis you, not I, who doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty. Tis you, not I, who are assuming that those men are racist murderers even though you know very little facts surrounding the case. You're assuming their guilt rather than assuming their innocence.

Not true.

I explained above about your racist accusation. As for them being guilty... gee, video of them shooting someone pretty much shows their guilty of, you know, shooting someone.

It doesn't matter what the jogger was or wasn't doing before they shot him. They had no legal right to shoot him, no legal right to be even following him. If they thought he was a burglar, they should have called the police.

What part of that don't you get?

Or are you still advocating for Anarchy/lawlessness?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

Post #10 proves otherwise.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Even if he was robbing peoples homes (which there is no evidence he was), he was unarmed. These good ol boys are not the justice system. Call 911 and report him since their lives are/were not in danger.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I don't even see the black aspect as being the main concern here. The fact that it would happen to anyone is the thing to look at.

The fact that nothing would be done about until there was a stink in the press - that's probabky where you start looking at race etc.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
These good ol boys are not the justice system. Call 911 and report him since their lives are/were not in danger.

It seems to be perfectly legal in Georgia to shoot a home intruder.

The law has three stipulations, one of which must fit:

The intrusion is “violent and tumultuous” and the resident believes its purpose is “assaulting or offering personal violence” to someone inside.

The intruder is “not a member of the family or household,” meaning you can shoot strangers who break in, but not someone who lives with you and just lost the door key.

The resident believes the intruder broke in to commit a felony and deadly force is required to stop it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It seems to be perfectly legal in Georgia to shoot a home intruder.

The law has three stipulations, one of which must fit:

The intrusion is “violent and tumultuous” and the resident believes its purpose is “assaulting or offering personal violence” to someone inside.

The intruder is “not a member of the family or household,” meaning you can shoot strangers who break in, but not someone who lives with you and just lost the door key.

The resident believes the intruder broke in to commit a felony and deadly force is required to stop it.

And where's your proof he did any of this?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Have you got any evidence that he was not burglarising and was merely going for an innocent jog?

No, you haven't. Yet you tell us his killing is unjustified.

I said even if he was, it is unjustified. Also innocent until proven guilty. I don't assume that people are guilty because it suits my needs. But I have heard nobody say he was actually doing anything wrong.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And where's your proof he did any of this?

Where's your proof he didn't?

You're the one who starting mouthing of saying he's an entirely innocently guy. But you've got no evidence of this.

We saw all this in the Trayvon Martin case. Some people just never learn.