Jogging while black

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Be careful what you say to me.
As a white male, I'm probably the smallest minority of human being there is. Whites make up a small proportion of humanity - probably the smallest - and most whites are females. As a white male, therefore, I'm a tiny minority. So do NOT say anything racist and offensive about me.

You're a useless piece of shit, that's what you are.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You're a useless piece of shit, that's what you are.

And I'm an ethnic minority.

As a white male, I'm just about the least common human there is. There are more white females and almost all other types of human than there are white males.

As a white male I need protecting.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

You're a useless peice of shit, there's no way around that after the comment you made above.

No different than nzdoug, megahertz, of that other useless trog that was just banned.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You're a useless peice of shit, there's no way around that after the comment you made above.
No different than nzdoug, megahertz, of that other useless trog that was just banned.

Just because you're offended by something doesn't mean you're right.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Graphic video appears to show Ahmaud Arbery, 25 of GA., whose family says he was out for a run, confronted by 2 men who shot him dead saying they thought he was a burglar. A prosecutor wants a grand jury to decide whether the men should be charged.
Video link

By the way, how do you know the guy didn't commit the crime?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
By the way, how do you know the guy didn't commit the crime?

Let's ask a lawyer, trog.

Bones, do american civilians have the right to shoot and kill an unarmed man because they "think" he "may" have perpetrated a crime?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Bones, do american civilians have the right to shoot and kill an unarmed man because they "think" he "may" have perpetrated a crime?

You don't know that's what happened.

For all you know, they KNOW he committed the crime. They probably caught him in the act and went after him. You've got no idea what went on.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

How about stop quoting him so the rest of us don't have to look at what he barfs up?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No. The law of self-defense, which we basically took lock, stock, and barrel from England, only changing the "c" to an "s," is that one may use deadly force only when on has a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily harm.

As one of my professors memorably said "'Imminent' means you gotta believe the Grim Reaper is on the backswing."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
In fairness, the Black guy had a criminal record, and was spotted in the neighborhood acting suspiciously on previous occasions. On the date of his death, he was snooping around a home that was being constructed, with the owner away.
Still no excuse to chase the guy down and execute him...

In fairness? Really?

2 useless pieces of skin gun down an unarmed kid in cold blood and your opening is "in fairness"?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I know everybody loves to get all virtual signal-y about this kind of thing and it's ridiculous this even happened. But let me tell about a young man named Dillon Taylor. Dillon Taylor was shot and killed by a Black cop in Salt Lake City just 3 days after Michael Brown was killed by a cop in Ferguson. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. No race baiting. Taylor's crime? Turning down his iPod in the presence of a police officer he didn't know was behind him. No grand jury hearing, just the State's obviously racist D.A. absolving said officer of any wrong-doing. Dillon Taylor was White.

Michael Kessick was shot twice in the back as he lay face down in the snow, while being tasered. His crime? He apparently was having an issue showing the cop his hands while being tasered and all. A grand jury acquitted her of any wrong doing. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. In Chicago a Black police officer kills a Black criminal (he went to high school with) and the Black community blames Whitey for it.

And not to put TOO fine a point on things, but according to by an independent study out of the University of Pennsylvania and verified by DoJ stats, Black police officers in the US are 3.3 times more likely to discharge their firearm at an "active" scene than any other race of cop.

The simple fact is, cops shoot Black people, White people, Hispanic people, Asian people, you name it. But it's ONLY news when they shoot a Black person, armed or not. And it doesn't matter what colour the cop is either.

As for the OP, that is just some serious bullshit. It's one thing if it's self defense, quite another to simply "think" he's a burglar and unload on the poor bugger. Even if he was simply carrying a gun while he was jogging it's a pretty big jump to go from that to assuming he's "a burglar that needs shot before robbing someone else".

Let me put it this way, if the people in either picture make you nervous, you're either stupid, a racist or both.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I know everybody loves to get all virtual signal-y about this kind of thing and it's ridiculous this even happened. But let me tell about a young man named Dillon Taylor. Dillon Taylor was shot and killed by a Black cop in Salt Lake City just 3 days after Michael Brown was killed by a cop in Ferguson. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. No race baiting. Taylor's crime? Turning down his iPod in the presence of a police officer he didn't know was behind him. No grand jury hearing, just the State's obviously racist D.A. absolving said officer of any wrong-doing. Dillon Taylor was White.
Michael Kessick was shot twice in the back as he lay face down in the snow, while being tasered. His crime? He apparently was having an issue showing the cop his hands while being tasered and all. A grand jury acquitted her of any wrong doing. No media circus. No Obama or Holder crying about the injustice. In Chicago a Black police officer kills a Black criminal (he went to high school with) and the Black community blames Whitey for it.
And not to put TOO fine a point on things, but according to by an independent study out of the University of Pennsylvania and verified by DoJ stats, Black police officers in the US are 3.3 times more likely to discharge their firearm at an "active" scene than any other race of cop.
The simple fact is, cops shoot Black people, White people, Hispanic people, Asian people, you name it. But it's ONLY news when they shoot a Black person, armed or not. And it doesn't matter what colour the cop is either.
As for the OP, that is just some serious bullshit. It's one thing if it's self defense, quite another to simply "think" he's a burglar and unload on the poor bugger. Even if he was simply carrying a gun while he was jogging it's a pretty big jump to go from that to assuming he's "a burglar that needs shot before robbing someone else".
Let me put it this way, if the people in either picture make you nervous, you're either stupid, a racist or both.

Question.

What the f*ck are you babbling about?

This wasn't a police shooting. Nobody involved in this shooting was a police officer.

I can't even figure out what the hell you're talking about, except that you heard the words "black," "white," and "shot" and it triggered your utterly irrelevant rant, like punching C6 on a jukebox.

OK, I get that you believe that when two white men lie in wait for and kill a black man, the word of the white men on what happened should be accepted without further investigation. Whatever.

But what the f*ck does this have to do with police shootings?

Or is it just another poor-poor-pitiful-me rant about the crushing burdens of white men in North America?

Here, have a lollipop.

Last edited: