It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

So yes, electric is costly to the environment, but there's a push to make them better, last longer AND recycle even the hazardous parts so we won't need to mine them as much.

This is why enviro-friendly tech can be a boom if given a chance. New jobs, plus the new ways to handle things.

And this is why research is needed to push for it. It is out there, but overshadowed by the "Who cares about Climate/The Earth" crowd.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is a big fat problem with electric vehicles and infrastructure. They are HEAVY.

How much does a Tesla weigh compared to a regular car?

Earlier, we mentioned that the average 'normal' car weighs around 3000 lbs (1,360 kgs). However, if we take the average weight of the Tesla models discussed above, we get 4,602 lbs (2,087 kgs). That's a whopping 53% increase in weight. The weight difference is due to Tesla's battery pack, 1,200 lbs.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There is a big fat problem with electric vehicles and infrastructure. They are HEAVY.

How much does a Tesla weigh compared to a regular car?

Earlier, we mentioned that the average 'normal' car weighs around 3000 lbs (1,360 kgs). However, if we take the average weight of the Tesla models discussed above, we get 4,602 lbs (2,087 kgs). That's a whopping 53% increase in weight. The weight difference is due to Tesla's battery pack, 1,200 lbs.
A Tesla weighs as much as my 30 year old mid-Size truck? Damn….had no idea, but they look cool. The Tesla I mean.
1668126271307.jpeg

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yup. Hefty. Road membranes are getting thinner. Pothole season will be extra brutal in the EV world.
Well, The money that EV owners save in not contributing to a road maintenance tax applied at the fuel pumps….they can reinvest back into suspension components. It’s the circle of live. Hakuna Matata Bitches. 😁 By 2035 nobody will have to contribute to road maintenance.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well, The money that EV owners save in not contributing to a road maintenance tax applied at the fuel pumps….they can reinvest back into suspension components. It’s the circle of live. Hakuna Matata Bitches. 😁 By 2035 nobody will have to contribute to road maintenance.

There's a road maintenance tax at the pumps???

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There's a road maintenance tax at the pumps???
Yep, in every state & province. It’s a significant slice of my employment tracking every km driven in each jurisdiction by each vehicle on our fleet vs every litre of fuel (to the third decimal place) purchased in each jurisdiction to make sure they balance….or we get to pay extra….in the International Fuel Tax Agreement (short is IFTA). Good times.

In theory it’s for road maintenance, as long as it’s not squirrelled into “general revenue” to syphon $$$ in other directions.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep, in every state & province. It’s a significant slice of my employment tracking every km driven in each jurisdiction by each vehicle on our fleet vs every litre of fuel (to the third decimal place) purchased in each jurisdiction to make sure they balance….or we get to pay extra….in the International Fuel Tax Agreement (short is IFTA). Good times.

In theory it’s for road maintenance, as long as it’s not squirrelled into “general revenue” to syphon $$$ in other directions.

Yeah, well, sarcasm aside reality is there is no spending for road care in NB at least. Our roads are a lot of shit and the Government has been going on about lack of funds for years.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yeah, well, sarcasm aside reality is there is no spending for road care in NB at least. Our roads are a lot of shit and the Government has been going on about lack of funds for years.
Vote conservative and maybe things might change . Na keep voting liberal it does so much for you .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, NB is an IFTA member, and charging and collecting the fuel tax, but if they’re funneling it into general revenue and using it elsewhere….that’s on NB.

Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Damn this extreme record cold shit.
That’s weather & not climate. Here’s a picture of our garage pad from Nov 24th, 2019:
1668176365262.jpeg
And the same garage pad Nov 17th, 2021:
1668176612164.jpeg
I don’t like the trend, but weather/climate, etc…