It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Every day a degree hotter than average, it's THE END OF THE WORLD!

Every day a degree colder than average, it's ALL A GREAT BIG HOAX TO TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDUMB!

"Democracy assumes that by adding zeroes you can get a sum."

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I know what your saying 3.5 hours NE, you can double the size of the snow banks
3&1/2hrs north you might have somewhere to put your snow banks…my lot is 25’ wide & it’s illegal to put the snow on someone else’s property or into the alley….& The alley is built up currently much higher than the floor of my garage which is normally about 6 to 8 inches above the alley…. So instead of driving down the ramp into the alley we drive down the ramp into our garage at this point. It’s not cool.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ghost village emerges in Spain as drought empties reservoir
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Guillermo Martinez
Publishing date:Feb 11, 2022 • 19 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
A general view shows the ancient village of Aceredo that had been submerged by Limia river in the 1990s after the dam was built in Concello de Lobios, Spain, February 10, 2022.
A general view shows the ancient village of Aceredo that had been submerged by Limia river in the 1990s after the dam was built in Concello de Lobios, Spain, February 10, 2022. PHOTO BY MIGUEL VIDAL /REUTERS
Article content
CONCELLO DE LOBIOS — A ghost village that has emerged as drought has nearly emptied a dam on the Spanish-Portuguese border is drawing crowds of tourists with its eerie, grey ruins.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
With the reservoir at 15% of its capacity, details of a life frozen in 1992, when the Aceredo village in Spain’s northwestern Galicia region was flooded to create the Alto Lindoso reservoir, are being revealed once more.

“It’s as if I’m watching a movie. I have a feeling of sadness,” said 65-year-old pensioner Maximino Perez Romero, from A Coruna. “My feeling is that this is what will happen over the years due to drought and all that, with climate change.”

Walking on the muddy ground cracked by the drought in some spots, visitors found partially collapsed roofs, bricks and wooden debris that once made up doors or beams, and even a drinking fountain with water still streaming from a rusty pipe.

Crates with empty beer bottles were stacked by what used to be a cafe, and a semi-destroyed old car was rusting away by a stone wall. Drone footage showed the derelict buildings.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Maria del Carmen Yanez, mayor of the larger Lobios council, of which Aceredo is part, blamed the situation on the lack of rain in recent months, particularly in January, but also on what she said was “quite aggressive exploitation” by Portugal’s power utility EDP, which manages the reservoir.

On Feb. 1, Portugal’s government ordered six dams, including Alto Lindoso, to nearly halt water use for electricity production and irrigation, due to the worsening drought.

Contacted by Reuters, EDP said the low reservoir levels were due to the drought, but that it was managing water resources “efficiently” and that these were above the minimum requirements, including Alto Lindoso.

Questions over the sustainability of reservoirs are not new. Last year, several Spanish villages complained about how power utilities used them after a rapid draw-down from a lake by Iberdrola in western Spain. The company said it was following the rules.

Environment Ministry data shows Spain’s reservoirs are at 44% of their capacity, well below the average of about 61% over the last decade, but still above levels registered in a 2018 drought. A ministry source said drought indicators showed a potential worsening in the coming weeks, but did not yet detect a generalized problem throughout the country.

Jose Alvarez, a former construction worker from Lobios, felt a mix of nostalgia and fatalism at he remembered his working days in Aceredo.

“It’s terrible, but it is what it is. That’s life. Some die and others live,” he said.
1644670323578.png

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Does Bobby have the street spotless?
Yeah, pretty much. His sidewalk is crystal clear including the city sidewalk in front of his place, and he’s got about a foot of the street exposed down from the curb… which means that if somebody pulled up in front of his house the passenger side of their vehicle would fall into that trench and that’s it. High sided and stuck.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah, pretty much. His sidewalk is crystal clear including the city sidewalk in front of his place, and he’s got about a foot of the street exposed down from the curb… which means that if somebody pulled up in front of his house the passenger side of their vehicle would fall into that trench and that’s it. High sided and stuck.
The Bob and Elanor Show

Catch Season 1 on Netfix.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

beercules

Time Out
Mar 15, 2022
OMG, I can solve this debate very simply by asking 2 questions... Why wasn't there a summer of 1816? and Do we have any control over them factors?

I am more then happy to reduce carbon, but equal across the world. Paris agreement gives India and China 30 years to pump out as much carbon as they like while western society must immediately reduce carbon... Retarding an economy in the effort to reduce greenhouse emissions has got to be the most backwards ass thinking ever....

So like put this in a picture you can understand... you had 3 people digging a hole... 1 person (canada) is digging and other 2, india and china are putting dirt back into the hole, how do you think this is going to end?

Reactions: taxslave

beercules

Time Out
Mar 15, 2022
Krakatoa? Volcanism?

for those of you who cant (dont want to) read

Simple facts are, in nature exsist a quick way to shift temps one way... Show me in nature something that can shift temperatures back? Being able to control the carbon levels in the atmosphere maybe our one solution to this very problem.. but carbon = bad right?

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
  • Haha
Reactions: Serryah