Isn't Canada Great?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Don't worry, cortez, we voted the Liberals out....

Have you had a bad experience with Canada recently?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Cortez, I would like to, first and foremost, welcome you to Canadian Content. Unique points-of-view are always appreciated, and I hope you enjoy your stay here. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to direct them to a member of the Board of Directors, such as myself — you can find a list of such Directors in the Canadian Content.net forum category.

On another note, please do not post three consecutive posts, in particular if they are short messages that could be consolidated into one. If you have something that you perhaps forgot to say, but nobody has posted after you yet, it would be more prudent (and tidy) to use the Edit button to append whatever you wish to say to a pre-existing post.

:arrow: Back to the Topic at Hand

I think that if you look at the history of Canada, and modern Canada, you would come to the conclusion that we are among the most tolerant nations in the world. However, in your mocking us of thinking that we "do no wrong," most certainly not! I know that we screw up sometimes. No nation is perfect.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Isn't Earth Great ?
best planet ever
must have been created by a righteous canadian!

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
no mocking intended
just a somewhat sarcastic sense of humour
i find it arrogant to boast about our lucky situation
it like a rich kid born into the wealthiest home in the world bragging

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I am not boasting, by way of attempting to belittle what other people have. However, I would assert that we are lucky to live in Canada, and that we should be grateful for how good we have it here; others are not as lucky, and some others work far harder than the average Canadian.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Isn't Canada Great?

cortez said:
i find it arrogant to boast about our lucky situation
it like a rich kid born into the wealthiest home in the world bragging

I didn't know Canadians were born rich, and I sure wouldn't call our situation lucky....a lot of people worked very hard to get to were we are. We weren't just spit here on a foggy day...

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
why is it so important to you that gratitude be felt?
what is so important about this emotion?
gratitude ?
pride?
why?
if you hear about incidents that contradict your perpective you " canadians" attack the person not address the problems you invalidate the experience that
proves you wrong
you demand a certain loyalty that no one deserves
you in essence render real communication invalid
its all hidden to most of you
you cannot see yourselves- really
and i know because i was once one of you
and would have been furious at anyone ranting like i am now. so i know how you FEEL.. but in an almost religious insight my/your myths collapsed

WAKE UP!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I ... see.

Perhaps it is you with the righteous complex, cortez. To sit here and chastize us, without offering any constructive solutions to the problems you highlight?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
How's this for real communication, go back to your cell it's time for lock down. Gratitude; go take your meds, they stop the voices in your head. If you fancy yourself a Philosapher start your own thread. There are a number of members that will give you a run for your money. I'm not one of them.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
cortez said:
if you hear about incidents that contradict your perpective you " canadians" attack the person

So this isn't your first attempt at this...

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
missile said:
:lol: So,we lost to the Russians..at least our women know how to really play the game.

Missile, the Russians used to brag that the bears of the Moscow Circus (skating Bears) could beat the hockey team of Canada, the Bears were supposed to be that good!

I wasn't going to take that bet, but what would you tell a 1000KG goalie with no dental problems, eh?

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
I don't think life is that great here. I'm a ethically responsible person living in a society that rewards greed and selfishness. The real problems that plague our nation and most of the nations around the world are too far below the radar of most to become mainstream. The majority of our population is too tied up discussing trivial things like gay marriage and drug prohibition to realise that were heading for major imminent disaster in a few short years.

It reminds me of this one early pioneer in airplanes. He built this one man glider and decided to fly it off a cliff. The cliff was extremely high and he couldn't see the ground. As he plummeted towards earth at break neck speeds he actually thought he was flying, that his miraculous invention to defy gravity had worked. In reality, he just didn't see the ground rushing towards him because he was so high up, and then he went splat. Our economies and everything that supports our marvelous modern world is that glider. Just because everyone doesn't see the ground rushing towards them, doesn't mean it isn't.
I think people are very naive, and have a lack of knowledge and blind faith in our flawed current systems.
The way I've come to see the world is that there are only three different types of people, sheep, wolves, and shepherds. A shepherd is a person who guides the sheep, takes what he needs, and makes it his priority to insure the well being of the flock to gaurentee that his own future needs will always be met. A wolf also guides the sheep but through brute force and fear, taking what they want when they want without regard for the well being of the flock. As the wolves flourish, they allow the sheep population to explode to provide the wolves with an ever increasing amount of food without regard for the damage to the environment. Eventually, all of the land gets over grazed until there isn't enough food for all the sheep and they start to starve. The sheep then start to see that the wolves promises of endless gluttony and greed were nothing more than lies, and seek out the shepherds. When they do this, the shepherds will tell the sheep that they can't help, there is no more land to graze upon, and they start making the tuff choice to mass slaughter the majority of the sheep and spread there bodies across the land to re-fertilize the grasslands. Then it's a mass effort to educate the remaining sheep to live with the land in a sustainable way, the ways and ideology of the wolves will be outlawed, and the shepherds will be in charge indefinitely.
So which are you, a sheep, a shepherd, or a wolf?

See I'm a shepherd, people like me knew this was coming for thousands of years. We could only sit and wait until the masses see the results of leadership of people who are wolves, and wait for the flock to come back. When I was younger I was a wolf, I preyed on the weaknesses of others for gain, or ease of life. However, I couldn't ignore the destruction that I created. I saw how I was leading people a stray, so I converted. Now I sit and watch people being lead a stray, ignorant to knowledge I and people like me try to spread. I realized that by trying to fight the wolves, I was prolonging the problem, now us shepherds are letting things take their coarse, waiting for the return of the sheep.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
you are correct
righteous complex acquired
learned it from ?
Slovakians? no
Morrocan's? no
from yes you guessed correctly
the question isn't canada great is REALLY the question you all ask.. what you are REALLY asking is aren't you great personally. you are seeking an answer that numbs
an inferiority complex, the contructive solution you need is to first of all trash the idea that the nation state any nation state including Canada is an ephemeral
illusion , the question you ask is trite and superficial. i watch you both americans and canadians and see many of you trapped in the same web. you are trapped in the same way that say... some religious zealots are trapped
they argue about WHICH god is correct and forgetting to ask WHETHER god exists. imagine all the people no religion no country etc no country no canada. I have escaped the brain washing process and live in fear of those who cannot see,, no chastizement . This forum reminds me of how FAR i have travelled since I left you.that is why i sit here. i know that only harm can come of these interchanges as my attiutude will only reinforce your prison, it will not be me who makes you see but an event brought to you by fate that you will not be able to speak of as i am not. stop wasting your time .

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: Isn't Canada Great?

Alberta'sfinest said:
I don't think life is that great here. I'm a ethically responsible person living in a society that rewards greed and selfishness. The real problems that plague our nation and most of the nations around the world are too far below the radar of most to become mainstream. The majority of our population is too tied up discussing trivial things like gay marriage and drug prohibition to realise that were heading for major imminent disaster in a few short years.

It reminds me of this one early pioneer in airplanes. He built this one man glider and decided to fly it off a cliff. The cliff was extremely high and he couldn't see the ground. As he plummeted towards earth at break neck speeds he actually thought he was flying, that his miraculous invention to defy gravity had worked. In reality, he just didn't see the ground rushing towards him because he was so high up, and then he went splat. Our economies and everything that supports our marvelous modern world is that glider. Just because everyone doesn't see the ground rushing towards them, doesn't mean it isn't.
I think people are very naive, and have a lack of knowledge and blind faith in our flawed current systems.
The way I've come to see the world is that there are only three different types of people, sheep, wolves, and shepherds. A shepherd is a person who guides the sheep, takes what he needs, and makes it his priority to insure the well being of the flock to gaurentee that his own future needs will always be met. A wolf also guides the sheep but through brute force and fear, taking what they want when they want without regard for the well being of the flock. As the wolves flourish, they allow the sheep population to explode to provide the wolves with an ever increasing amount of food without regard for the damage to the environment. Eventually, all of the land gets over grazed until there isn't enough food for all the sheep and they start to starve. The sheep then start to see that the wolves promises of endless gluttony and greed were nothing more than lies, and seek out the shepherds. When they do this, the shepherds will tell the sheep that they can't help, there is no more land to graze upon, and they start making the tuff choice to mass slaughter the majority of the sheep and spread there bodies across the land to re-fertilize the grasslands. Then it's a mass effort to educate the remaining sheep to live with the land in a sustainable way, the ways and ideology of the wolves will be outlawed, and the shepherds will be in charge indefinitely.
So which are you, a sheep, a shepherd, or a wolf?

See I'm a shepherd, people like me knew this was coming for thousands of years. We could only sit and wait until the masses see the results of leadership of people who are wolves, and wait for the flock to come back. When I was younger I was a wolf, I preyed on the weaknesses of others for gain, or ease of life. However, I couldn't ignore the destruction that I created. I saw how I was leading people a stray, so I converted. Now I sit and watch people being lead a stray, ignorant to knowledge I and people like me try to spread. I realized that by trying to fight the wolves, I was prolonging the problem, now us shepherds are letting things take their coarse, waiting for the return of the sheep.

god is a goat and he is infinite

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Sassylassie said:
How's this for real communication, go back to your cell it's time for lock down. Gratitude; go take your meds, they stop the voices in your head. If you fancy yourself a Philosapher start your own thread. There are a number of members that will give you a run for your money. I'm not one of them.

which of my cells
the heptocyte
or the lonely myocyte
the surgical scar
which of my voices
i own them all
the voice of treason
perhaps
of the voice that dis- mis-pells the second word after god
the philo word ?
money runs for me
money runs from me