Is this the ultimate Canada burger?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Postmedia Network
First posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:40 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:02 PM EDT
What would you top your ultimate Canada burger with?
For Toronto-based burger chain, The Burger’s Priest ultimate Canada Burger includes one beef patty topped with a Nova Scotia lobster claw, Ontario bacon and of course, Quebec maple syrup.
For the ultimate salty and sweet combination, the bacon is infused with maple syrup, the claw is dipped in it, and the sandwich itself also has a healthy spread of it.
The Burger’s Priest will make the burger available to the public on Canada Day only for $18.67.
Is this the ultimate Canada burger? | Eat | Life | Toronto Sun

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I shall pass.
DQ Brazier Burgers are not too bad. The Keg makes a decent burger. There was a tiny little place in Kelowna near the mall and across from Wendy's that made superb burgers called the Burger Baron. I heard it moved to Rutland to where the Tastee Freez used to be.
BUT, I still love my bison burgers with tomato, raw onion, and cajun spice on corn bannock the most. We grind the bison with some bacon in it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Postmedia Network
First posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:40 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:02 PM EDT
What would you top your ultimate Canada burger with?
For Toronto-based burger chain, The Burger’s Priest ultimate Canada Burger includes one beef patty topped with a Nova Scotia lobster claw, Ontario bacon and of course, Quebec maple syrup.
For the ultimate salty and sweet combination, the bacon is infused with maple syrup, the claw is dipped in it, and the sandwich itself also has a healthy spread of it.
The Burger’s Priest will make the burger available to the public on Canada Day only for $18.67.
Is this the ultimate Canada burger? | Eat | Life | Toronto Sun

Noooooope - Whopper is the best! :) :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww
I just cannot handle those preformed, boiled, frozen, and then nuked pieces of cardboard they call "meat patties". There is more flavor in rice cakes than in those things.
They are called "gutbombs" around here.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nothing beats the 1960s Dairy Queen brazier burgers.

My husband still misses those burgers. Took him until about two weeks ago to buy a burger there! He was not a happy camper. Says they don't begin to compare.

Homemade BBQ'd are the best but every company out there quit making red relish this summer so - have to find a new favourite BBQ'd item.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When I worked in North Vancouver about 32 years ago there was a restaurant not to far from the Lions Gate Bridge that built one of the best burgers I ever tasted - can't recall the name of the place and doubt if it's still there. I think I was only there once and we had to move shortly after.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
My husband still misses those burgers. Took him until about two weeks ago to buy a burger there! He was not a happy camper. Says they don't begin to compare.

Homemade BBQ'd are the best but every company out there quit making red relish this summer so - have to find a new favourite BBQ'd item.
Make your own red relish, Hon.

Heinz Red Hamburger Relish Copycat Recipe - Food.com

The only thing that bothered me about the DQ burgers was that I prefer my pickles on the side and no mustard. DQ people seemd to be pretty accommodating about it, though. =)