Is the HOCKEY coach a pedophile?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well then lets ask God to be the watch man ……….I don’t understand we have excepted cameras looking underneath peoples clothing to the skin when we go to travel in Air ports, we are installing cameras to catch speedsters and record vehicular accidents and to protect 5-10 year old kids from sexual assaults it is a ridicules suggestion. Wow……… great logic…..

I'd prefer parents took responsibility for teaching and watching their kids, rather than eroding their rights just incase the outside chance happens to them.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I'd prefer parents took responsibility for teaching and watching their kids, rather than eroding their rights just incase the outside chance happens to them.

And if a single parent is absent let the predator supervise the kid?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Well then lets ask God to be the watch man ……….I don’t understand we have excepted cameras looking underneath peoples clothing to the skin when we go to travel in Air ports, we are installing cameras to catch speedsters and record vehicular accidents and to protect 5-10 year old kids from sexual assaults it is a ridicules suggestion. Wow……… great logic…..

You might have accepted cameras catching speeders and looking underneath clothing, but I haven't.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You might have accepted cameras catching speeders and looking underneath clothing, but I haven't.

Then don’t go near an Airport is you want to travel internationally, you will be taking a boat, If you resist the screening devise.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

exactly, my thoughts too, some parents just wave good bye
to the kids, (some times not even that,) and don't give
a second to what is happening to them till they arrive
home. Not good enough. I'm never going to depend on any
camera device to take my place in areas that are of concern,
either I or someone I trust will know what my kids are
doing and where they are, all the time.

We coached and managed kids for years in minor hockey and
minor fastfall, I took kids on trips all over the place, had
dressing room activity for years, parents were in and out
of the dressing room all the time, but I had a key, and when I
left that room, I locked the door, and I didn't leave that
room till the last kid was leaving, and we didn't leave the rink if any of the kids were still waiting for a ride, and
we picked up and delivered kids to the sport activity and home again hundreds of times.

No predator problems at all, the biggest problems we witnessed were those of the 'uninterested' and 'lazy' parents, but not the one's who worked and just could'nt
be there.
My husband and I worked together with teams, with the help of parents.

My children are my responsibility, and I take that seriously.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We are all concerned about predators, but lets keep all of
this in perspective and remember that the people looking
after the kids, as coaches managers and drivers etc. are
wonderful and caring, and they are also on the look out
for 'trouble', so there are lots of ears and eyes in the
areas of sports activities, for kids.
We musn't make it seem like predators are lurking all over the
place, they are not, BUT the knowledge is there that it is
a possibility, so take that possibility away, it's not
really hard at all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We are all concerned about predators, but lets keep all of
this in perspective and remember that the people looking
after the kids, as coaches managers and drivers etc. are
wonderful and caring, and they are also on the look out
for 'trouble', so there are lots of ears and eyes in the
areas of sports activities, for kids.
We musn't make it seem like predators are lurking all over the
place, they are not, BUT the knowledge is there that it is
a possibility, so take that possibility away, it's not
really hard at all.
Well said and good advice. I can't say I've seen or been involved in an organization involving kids that I haven't been thoroughly vetted first, just to participate.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My kids are in a difficult one.... my daughter, competitive swimming, my son, diving.

I can't follow them into change rooms, and they are not in any way isolated from other people when they are changing, showering, etc.. I have to trust that what I've taught them suffices, have some trust in their coaching staff, and the parents around them. I try not to live like everyone's a pedophile, but, raise them to be aware that should anyone act outside their comfort they need to talk about it.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Spoken like someone who doesn't actually know what they are talking about.

If you ever learn about airport screening devices, feel free to come on back.

How about a screening device that detects bomb implant on women’s breasts, new Tec suicide bombers. What? you are going to go through an Airport and tell them mine are real?, and they will say oh ok you can go through. What?? So you resist inspection which has reach invasion of privacy and yet in the name of war against TERRORISM it has become law.

When a problem persists solution is the magic word. Not examples of I was a good coach and I did everything by the book, that is not a solution, that is general conversation. Although that example may be true, lets think as we speak there is an assault somewhere on the Globe in some hockey arena.

The example of the good coach above dose not offer a solution, when in fact the Electronic surveillance is a solution with in it self.

Never before they had cameras in old care homes, since many complaints about some nurses were physically abusing old people, being mean to them, not carrying for them, slapping them at recorded occasions, why is a kid 5-10 any deferent, the pope turns the other way (a blind eye) and some hockey parents have camera phobia, when in fact if one Camera detoured 5 assaults, it provides good math in favour of the kids. Sitting on the fence is not a solution is throwing rocks at the solution., and that is a sad reality.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
How about a screening device that detects bomb implant on women’s breasts, new Tec suicide bombers. What? you are going to go through an Airport and tell them mine are real?, and they will say oh ok you can go through. What?? So you resist inspection which has reach invasion of privacy and yet in the name of war against TERRORISM it has become law.

When a problem persists solution is the magic word. Not examples of I was a good coach and I did everything by the book, that is not a solution, that is general conversation. Although that example may be true, lets think as we speak there is an assault somewhere on the Globe in some hockey arena.

The example of the good coach above dose not offer a solution, when in fact the Electronic surveillance is a solution with in it self.

Never before they had cameras in old care homes, since many complaints about some nurses were physically abusing old people, being mean to them, not carrying for them, slapping them at recorded occasions, why is a kid 5-10 any deferent, the pope turns the other way (a blind eye) and some hockey parents have camera phobia, when in fact if one Camera detoured 5 assaults, it provides good math in favour of the kids. Sitting on the fence is not a solution is throwing rocks at the solution., and that is a sad reality.

a camera in a hockey rink, anywhere will not do anything
to deter assaults on children, as the assaulter will do it
somewhere else, where there is 'no' camera, you think he
will 'not' know it is there, of course he will, he's not
stupid, he's very cunning and sly, always thinking of
himself first, and his own safety and security.

I don't imagine the assaults happened in dressing rooms anyway,
too risky of detection, probably conversations took place there,
actual assaults elsewhere.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
a camera in a hockey rink, anywhere will not do anything
to deter assaults on children, as the assaulter will do it
somewhere else, where there is 'no' camera, you think he
will 'not' know it is there, of course he will, he's not
stupid, he's very cunning and sly, always thinking of
himself first, and his own safety and security.

I don't imagine the assaults happened in dressing rooms anyway,
too risky of detection, probably conversations took place there,
actual assaults elsewhere.

“a camera in a hockey rink, anywhere will not do anything to deter assaults on children, as the assaulter will do it somewhere else, where there is 'no' camera,”

No, of course not he will not do anything in front of a camera, but the camera will be able at time of question to show what type of interaction took place in hallways, under stair ways, anywhere deemed necessary, how long the Coach talk to a youngster with out any one else present, what do you guys think the coach is going to communicate with the little kid in mental telepathy?, of course not, he will talk to the kid when no one else is present, I as a parent think that the electronic surveillance history will be able to determined authenticity to sexual assault complaints by the type of interaction recorded, like talking to a kid when no one is around. Surely the bent coach is not going to say anything in front of other kids, so we have to place an eye capable to record with out bias.

“I don't imagine the assaults happened in dressing rooms anyway, too risky of detection, probably conversations took place there, actual assaults elsewhere“.[/quote]

Who said that sexual assaults on minors happen in the dressing rooms?, big misconception, I never said anything like that, I have said to place cameras in dressing rooms in an effort to observe the eye concentration from bent coaches to what ever kid is targeted, by observing ones eye attention the length of time looking at which ever kid would raise questions……….and should a complain be brought forward at list a fair society would be a method to potentially protect a coach who did nothing wrong and yet, as we know people in the past have lied in court on a personal vendetta reasoning, and that is a crime in it self. So in essence two people are protected the young kid as well the coach, innocent until proven guilty rather then guilty before proven innocent….

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
“a camera in a hockey rink, anywhere will not do anything to deter assaults on children, as the assaulter will do it somewhere else, where there is 'no' camera,”

No, of course not he will not do anything in front of a camera, but the camera will be able at time of question to show what type of interaction took place in hallways, under stair ways, anywhere deemed necessary, how long the Coach talk to a youngster with out any one else present, what do you guys think the coach is going to communicate with the little kid in mental telepathy?, of course not, he will talk to the kid when no one else is present, I as a parent think that the electronic surveillance history will be able to determined authenticity to sexual assault complaints by the type of interaction recorded, like talking to a kid when no one is around. Surely the bent coach is not going to say anything in front of other kids, so we have to place an eye capable to record with out bias.

Bent coaches?, strange word indeed. So many conversations
go on in dressing rooms, between kids and kids, kids and
different parents, groups of people, coaches and kids in
groups and kids on their own, (not alone but one on one),
with a camera always on them, how many times will a innocent person be questioned concerning why he was talking
to a kid, maybe explaining hockey strategies, the coach
looking serious, the kid looking confused or uncertain of
what the coach means. pretty innocent stuff, but could look
suspicious on camera, the kid could be upset because he
was questioned about bad behavior, or poor play on the
ice, and that would look suspicious on camera.
The kid could be questioned about 'his/her' treatment of
another kid, either on the ice, or in the dressing room,
that could look suspicious on camera, but isn't.

What you are talking about is looking back through photo
security pictures after the fact, to prove something that
would be added to a court case to make a case stronger.

These young people are changing their clothes all the time,
and a dressing room would have to be designed in a certain
way to allow changing to be done out of sight of the camera.
I would not allow my kid to take off his clothes knowing
there is a camera zoning into the room, so there would have
to be private cubicles to do that.

Just like I don't want a camera in any public bathroom I
am using, but I do appreciate cameras in the public area
of that building, to catch shop lifters, or identify
people who were there, when pictures are checked at a later
date.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Bent coaches?, strange word indeed. So many conversations
go on in dressing rooms, between kids and kids, kids and
different parents, groups of people, coaches and kids in
groups and kids on their own, (not alone but one on one),
with a camera always on them, how many times will a innocent person be questioned concerning why he was talking
to a kid, maybe explaining hockey strategies, the coach
looking serious, the kid looking confused or uncertain of
what the coach means. pretty innocent stuff, but could look
suspicious on camera, the kid could be upset because he
was questioned about bad behavior, or poor play on the
ice, and that would look suspicious on camera.
The kid could be questioned about 'his/her' treatment of
another kid, either on the ice, or in the dressing room,
that could look suspicious on camera, but isn't.

What you are talking about is looking back through photo
security pictures after the fact, to prove something that
would be added to a court case to make a case stronger.

These young people are changing their clothes all the time,
and a dressing room would have to be designed in a certain
way to allow changing to be done out of sight of the camera.
I would not allow my kid to take off his clothes knowing
there is a camera zoning into the room, so there would have
to be private cubicles to do that.

Just like I don't want a camera in any public bathroom I
am using, but I do appreciate cameras in the public area
of that building, to catch shop lifters, or identify
people who were there, when pictures are checked at a later
date.

talloola, lets not have any electronic surveillance, and when the kid becomes an adult age 40 after a career in hockey he comes out in public and says my coach molested me when I was 9 years old I was threatened not to say anything, and poor others who got assaulted in the interim, Ok, lets not put cameras in the dressing room. But lets put cameras all over the hallways, and under stairways. Do you have a problem with that? If cameras should not be allowed in hallways and the Pope will turn the other way, (a blind eye) who is protecting the 40 year old when he was a defenceless kid?, because adults did not have the intestinal fortitude to protect them.

The assertion that this problem is not as big as it is played to be is a huge injustice and further injury to the victims who are now adults and are able to see that way back then not enough was done to protect them...

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And ironically there are people around today who say things are better today than they were in '59..........................LOL

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
And ironically there are people around today who say things are better today than they were in '59..........................LOL

You mean priests, coaches, teachers and other adults in positions of authority didn't abuse children 50 years ago? Based on some of the accusations stemming from things like the boarding schools native kids were shipped off to, I have a hard time crediting that idea as fact.

The thing that has changed in the last 50 years is awareness. Technology has spread information at a rate that was inconceivable 50 years ago. We no longer live in blissful ignorance of the monsters that DO exist outside our doors. If you can claim that such ignorance of real threats is better, then I call you a fool.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You mean priests, coaches, teachers and other adults in positions of authority didn't abuse children 50 years ago? Based on some of the accusations stemming from things like the boarding schools native kids were shipped off to, I have a hard time crediting that idea as fact.
Some people have no problem blending fact with fiction to justify their idiocy wulfie.

The thing that has changed in the last 50 years is awareness.
Not to mention it has become more accepted to discuss issues of a sexual nature more openly. I actually credit Liberalism for that.
Technology has spread information at a rate that was inconceivable 50 years ago. We no longer live in blissful ignorance of the monsters that DO exist outside our doors. If you can claim that such ignorance of real threats is better, then I call you a fool.
I'll second that.