Is a fetus a Human being?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Next time your at the grocery store ask for a carton of chickens.

know what...you're as dense as joey..... which does surprise me. An unfetilized egg is NOT a chicken. It is an unfertilized chicken egg. A chicken egg that has been fertilized..... inside that hard shell..... is a chicken....

Now, since it is IMPOSSIBLE, for the majority of eggs that you buy in the grocery store to be fertilized..... then you would NOT be buying a chicken at any point in it's development.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They candle 'em first....

actually, these days, the "candling" is more for quality control than finding a fertilized egg. Double yokers...rotten..... considering a laying hen spends it's entire life locked in a cage, by itself, just eating, drinking, and laying eggs, it's eggs can't get fertilized.

Now if you're buying free range....that's different.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's unlikely but not impossible.

Lets assume you were looking at a fertilized chicken egg. Would you think of it as a chicken or an egg?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
We grow em. They keep the gardens relatively free of bugs, mice, and lettuce. The eggs vary in size from golfball to goose egg-sized and sometimes have two yolks. The colors vary from a pale green to dark brown. And the yolks are a rich yellow to almost orange. REAL eggs. :D

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's unlikely but not impossible.

Lets assume you were looking at a fertilized chicken egg. Would you think of it as a chicken or an egg?

Then I'd be looking at a baby chicken...... at least that's what I always thought I was looking at when I candled the eggs on our farm.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Then I'd be looking at a baby chicken...... at least that's what I always thought I was looking at when I candled the eggs on our farm.

I suppose that is answer you had to give but 99.9% of the population wouldn't.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I suppose that is answer you had to give but 99.9% of the population wouldn't.

Then 99.9% of the population is misinformed about the differences, but then, when it comes to chickens, or any other egg layer, they are only interested in eating it.

I candeled my chicken eggs and emu eggs for 2 reasons...chicken to ensure that they weren't fertilized before I sold em.( most people don't like seeing a devoloping chick fall into their frying pan)..emu, to ensure they WERE fertilized before I left em for the male to sit on.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Then 99.9% of the population is misinformed about the differences, but then, when it comes to chickens, or any other egg layer, they are only interested in eating it.

I candeled my chicken eggs and emu eggs for 2 reasons...chicken to ensure that they weren't fertilized before I sold em.( most people don't like seeing a devoloping chick fall into their frying pan)..emu, to ensure they WERE fertilized before I left em for the male to sit on.
Even fertilized, I'll bet there isn't farmer in North America who would say "hey Martha, I'm going out to check on the baby chickens".

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
And why should he do that? The burden of proof is upon those who claim that fetus is a human being. Currently accepted view is that it is not a human being, that is why abortion is legal in most countries in the world.

If you want to change the status quo, it is up to you to prove your case. You go ahead and prove that fetus is a human being. You haven’t done that, several of you have been making that argument here, but I doubt if you have convinced anybody (certainly you haven’t convinced me).

So taxslave doesn’t have to do anything, those who claim that fetus is a human being since conception, they have to prove their case, convince the scientific community, who will then transmit their findings to us mortals (in the form of briefing, press release by AMA, CMA, GMC, articles in JAMA, Nature etc.). Then I will be convinced (and I suspect so will most people).

The opening message proves the fetus is human, where is it you find that a human fetus is not human? Just show me, I'm not locked in the post I made.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Even fertilized, I'll bet there isn't farmer in North America who would say "hey Martha, I'm going out to check on the baby chickens".

and your point is? Just because THEY don't consider it a chicken...or even a developing chicken, doesn't mean it isn't.

I'll say this much though, I have yet to meet a cattle farmer, or sheep farmer, or goat farmer that didn't consider their pregnant livestock to be pregnant with anything other than a baby....be it calf, lamb, or goat.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
It's sad when the definition of a human comes down to size.

Definition of human being involves many factors, and size is one of them. Whoever heard of a human being smaller than a full stop (except in sci fi or fantasy stories)? Why, the little guy would be orders of magnitude smaller than Tom Thumb.