Info on oil camp jobs

nurlpn

Oct 3, 2009
Hi there.. I am a Licensed Practical Nurse seeking employment in Fort Mcmurray. Am from N.B. but hold a license to practice in Albert. I am a hard working reliable individual..

Reyan

Jan 21, 2010
Hi there, I'm DZ truck driver with 12 years experience with very good references 2 years warehouse experience, I have WHMS and H2S, been searching online for over a year for work In Ft McMurray, I'm looking for camp work and wondering if anyone can help me with info on where to start. Thank you Reyan

robotbender

Mar 12, 2010
Hi People! Who knows any agency in Toronto that can help with employment in Alberta's Oil Sands. Any place where i can talk with live people about it????

Albertaboy

Dec 15, 2010
Prarie Boy pretty much has it covered, but if you show up looking for work with your H2S, First Aid & WHIMMS tickets already in hand, you have just shown the HR guy you have some initiative. A valid driver's license with a reasonably good abstract is also a good selling point for you - the new guy typically drives the crew truck between camp & the rig with the lunchbox. Leave your attitudes back where you came from & pay attention to what your driller or push tells you - like any job, the guys watch the newbie closely for a while. Be prepared for a rewarding job with a good future, but be prepared for (sometimes long) 12-hr shifts, lots of physical work, stress from being away from home & family for 2-wk periods. Bed-wetters need not apply. Hope this helps. Nisku, Ab is headquarters for most drilling contractors, with afew in Edmonton. Good Luck.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What oil jobs? The ones that 30,000 people moved to Sask to get but haven't found and are now on SK welfare?

2 years ago maybe but good luck now without any experience.

dalurff

May 30, 2011
hey guys im an fitter/welder and iron worker with 12 years experience cwb certified looking for work in alberta can anybody tell me what is the best part of alberta to look for work in my field of work,i would like to work with the oilfields.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
hey guys im an fitter/welder and iron worker with 12 years experience cwb certified looking for work in alberta can anybody tell me what is the best part of alberta to look for work in my field of work,i would like to work with the oilfields.
Are you a UA member? Do you have your Red Seal?

Last edited:

Wrath

Apr 16, 2012
I'm looking for a camp job as a welder. Does anyone know of place that are hiring for fly in and out

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Look for jobs that specify various locations in Alberta (for example). Those should be jobs that pay for your motel room and give an food allowance in cash. 'Pro-form' is a company that has a few crews travel around to several centers repairing sidewalks and curbs over the summer. 'Camps' are for remote areas and too much muskeg means those are mostly winter things.