I'll Miss The Glaciers

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hey, wutt's up with this? :lol:

USGS appears to be removing its websites claiming all glaciers will be melted from Glacier National Park by 2030

Government is apparently removing its websites claiming Glacier National Park will be glacier free by 2030

by Dr. Roger Roots, founder of Lysander Spooner University.

In the fall of 2015 I offered a bet of $5,000 if the glaciers at Glacier National Park disappear by 2030 (as predicted in all GNP signage, pamphlets, films and publications). See here. As of yet, no one has taken me up on my bet.

The Park’s glaciers were melting rapidly throughout the 1990s, as the catastrophic-manmade-global-warming-by-CO2 movement was riding high. Bills were introduced in Congress for “cap and trade” programs, carbon taxes and other reforms.

The National Park Service, and the U.S. Geological Survey published websites showing photos of the Park’s glaciers taken in prior decades next to more recent photos of the same glaciers. This ‘repeat photography’ showed massive decreases in the size of the GNP glaciers.

(I have often pointed out that the government’s photos from prior decades tended to not specify calendar dates. Because glaciers tend to build up in winter and then melt all summer long, the specificity of calendar dates is quite important.)

On January 8 of this year, I posted a prediction that the government would soon alter its GNP-glaciers-gone-by-2030 claims. See here. I asked, “What is the government going to do as 2030 approaches and it becomes clear that their preposterous claims are untrue?”

“I have no doubt,” I wrote then, “that the government will begin modifying these claims by 2025, if not sooner.” I began saving screenshots of government websites which make the claim that manmade-global-warming will melt the GNP glaciers by 2030.

It turns out I didn’t need to wait very long at all. Today, on May 4, 2016, I started looking for the government’s ‘repeat photography’ sites.

IT APPEARS THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED.

Today when you google “repeat photography” and “Glacier National Park,” you are redirected to general-info USGS sites with pictures of hikers in the mountains.

Fortunately, I have screenshots of the prior government projections.

Perhaps the webmasters at USGS are in the process of updating the ‘repeat photography’ sites.

Or perhaps Lysander Spooner University is already having an impact.

mo

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/05...be-melted-from-glacier-national-park-by-2030/

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Was the accelerated melting due to warmer than usual winds from the west ot did the mountains experience a rise in rock temperature due to hotter than usual magma rubbing against the crust?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

USGS appears to be removing its websites claiming all glaciers will be melted from Glacier National Park by 2030

Government is apparently removing its websites claiming Glacier National Park will be glacier free by 2030

In the fall of 2015 I offered a bet of $5,000 if the glaciers at Glacier National Park disappear by 2030 (as predicted in all GNP signage, pamphlets, films and publications). See here. As of yet, no one has taken me up on my bet.

The Park’s glaciers were melting rapidly throughout the 1990s, as the catastrophic-manmade-global-warming-by-CO2 movement was riding high. Bills were introduced in Congress for “cap and trade” programs, carbon taxes and other reforms.

The National Park Service, and the U.S. Geological Survey published websites showing photos of the Park’s glaciers taken in prior decades next to more recent photos of the same glaciers. This ‘repeat photography’ showed massive decreases in the size of the GNP glaciers.

(I have often pointed out that the government’s photos from prior decades tended to not specify calendar dates. Because glaciers tend to build up in winter and then melt all summer long, the specificity of calendar dates is quite important.)

On January 8 of this year, I posted a prediction that the government would soon alter its GNP-glaciers-gone-by-2030 claims. See here. I asked, “What is the government going to do as 2030 approaches and it becomes clear that their preposterous claims are untrue?”

“I have no doubt,” I wrote then, “that the government will begin modifying these claims by 2025, if not sooner.” I began saving screenshots of government websites which make the claim that manmade-global-warming will melt the GNP glaciers by 2030.

It turns out I didn’t need to wait very long at all. Today, on May 4, 2016, I started looking for the government’s ‘repeat photography’ sites.

Today when you google “repeat photography” and “Glacier National Park,” you are redirected to general-info USGS sites with pictures of hikers in the mountains.

Perhaps the webmasters at USGS are in the process of updating the ‘repeat photography’ sites.

mo

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/05...be-melted-from-glacier-national-park-by-2030/

The Global Warmists are strangely absent from this thread

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIbEj1CIpuU

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

mo

Oh well, it's definitive. Global 'warming' is not real. You know, USGS quote, so definitive.