How to raise kids not to be racist

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Even among there own race.

Food and hunting grounds, yes. But they never fight for land for its own sake. That's unique to man.

Land is resources. It's not unique to man. It's only a extension of our natural instincts. That originated from hunt and food.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Even among there own race.

Land is recourse. It's not unique to man. It's only a extension of our natural instincts. That originated from hunt and food.

So you're saying we can evolve then? So why can't we evolve into exogamy when a pitbull will happily do a German shepherd?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, I'd find it hilarious if I ever cought dogs practicing breedism. Just imagine you go to the park and you see the German shepperds in their corner and the golden labs in theirs, etc.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So you're saying we can evolve then? So why can't we evolve into exogamy when a pitbull will happily do a German shepherd?

Because we stop existing as a identity "family" when we do. Losing our tribal instinct will result with our extinction. It already has begun. We are well into our own self destruction.
Other tribes who continue to live as a family will continue, while our culture will disappear.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Because we stop existing as a identity "family" when we do. Losing our tribal instinct will result with our extinction. It already has begun. We are well into our own self destruction.
Other tribes who continue to live as a family will continue, while our culture will disappear.

I'm confused now. First you pointed to nature as the standard. Now you're saying we shouldn't follow nature's example. So which is it?

Also, doesn't unity make a state stronger? Historically, city states abounded, but it soon became clear that to develop further, they had to evolve into the nation-state and eventually even federated states. Are you suggesting we return to little city states?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Honestly, I'd find it hilarious if I ever cought dogs practicing breedism. Just imagine you go to the park and you see the German shepperds in their corner and the golden labs in theirs, etc.

Strength in a tribe. Other tribes will continue and we will slowly disappear.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'm confused now. First you pointed to nature as the standard. Now you're saying we shouldn't follow nature's example. So which is it?

Also, doesn't unity make a state stronger? Historically, city states abounded, but it soon became clear that to develop further, they had to evolve into the nation-state and eventually even federated states. Are you suggesting we return to little city states?

No.

You missed my idea altogether. I'm only exploring. Both sides of the medal

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Strength in a tribe. Other tribes will continue and we will slowly disappear.

So if golden labs and German sheppherds interbreed, they'll slowly disppear? And is that necessarily a bad thing? Consider for example how many Arabs today, outside of politics, consider themselves Arabs. Some consider themselves Iraqi first and Arab second, some Arab first and Iraqi second, the region's identity is in some flux. But there is at least some sense of a larger entity.

Consider Anglo identity too where we want to keep ties to the Commonwealth, or Franco identity where they want to keep ties with the Francophonie, etc. Are you suggesting that larger loyalties are bad and ought to be suppressed in favour of parochialism?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So if golden labs and German sheppherds interbreed, they'll slowly disppear? And is that necessarily a bad thing? Consider for example how many Arabs today, outside of politics, consider themselves Arabs. Some consider themselves Iraqi first and Arab second, some Arab first and Iraqi second, the region's identity is in some flux. But there is at least some sense of a larger entity.

Consider Anglo identity too where we want to keep ties to the Commonwealth, or Franco identity where they want to keep ties with the Francophonie, etc. Are you suggesting that larger loyalties are bad and ought to be suppressed in favour of parochialism?

you find completely domesticated dogs a good example of nature? Let's talk about wolves maybe, then we will get a good representation.