How to raise kids not to be racist

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I explain it by saying that it's been frowned appon for thousands and thousands of years.

The fact it's been like that naturally is a good indication it's natural behaviour from normal instinctual parts of our brain.

Much of the spread of the Arabic language came through exogamy.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Are you saying that if I go for a walk in the woods, I'll find racism?

Everywhere. All living things favour it's own over others the majority of times. We see defence mechanism against other races and species everywhere in nature.

Why don't you be a man about it and just say "touché"

It's a moat point, Congratulation!!! Here have a cookie.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Everywhere. All living things favour it's own over others the majority of times. We see defence mechanism against other races and species everywhere in nature.

Interspecies and interbreed are two different things. While a dog won't f**k a cat, it will just about any other dog. If anything, they're far less discriminating than we are. And when we discriminate, we're more likely to discriminate on the basis of character than race for survival.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Interspecies and interbreed are two different things. While a dog won't f**k a cat, it will just about any other dog. If anything, they're far less discriminating than we are. And when we discriminate, we're more likely to discriminate on the basis of character than race for survival.

Racism or specism. It's all the same to me

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Killing off a other races is just as wrong as killing a other species. I find the idea that protecting all form of humans over all other form of life hypocritical.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Racism or specism. It's all the same to me

But it's not the same in nature. A dog will distinguish between a rabbit and another dog. He hunts the one and humps the other. Why do you go against nature?

Heck, most animals couldn't care less about national borders either. Look at the Canada goose. You don't find national borders in nature. You see them only on manmade maps or other manmade objects.