How Many Dead Kids is Enough

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How Many Kids Will The US Kill In 2008?
By Dr Gideon Polya
08/01/08 "ICH" -- -- I seem to have been demonstrating against American racism, imperialism, wars and mass murder all my adult life from the Vietnam era of the 1960s and 1970s onwards. Back in the 1960s decent people chanted “Hay, hay LBJ, how many kids will you kill today?” (LBJ being US President Lyndon Baines Johnson who presided over the Indochina War - 13 million excess deaths in total - from the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK) in 1963 to the accession of President Richard Nixon in 1969.
These days we have been chanting “Bush, Blair, CIA, how many kids did you kill today?” or the more general “Hay, hay USA, how many kids did you kill today?” This article by a senior biological scientist attempts to answer this question QUANTITATIVELY using the best available data from UNICEF (see: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/index.html ) and the UN Population Division (see: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ ).
We can get an UPPER LIMIT estimate from determining the number of children who die avoidably on Spaceship Earth with George Bush in charge of the flight deck. I have published a huge book recently called “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”. (G.M. Polya, Melbourne; copies in some major libraries; see: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/1375/247/ and http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/ ). Careful research over several years and involving every country in the world ultimately obtained the estimate that 16 million people die avoidably each year (2003 data) of whom 9.6 million are under-5 year old infants.
We can accordingly estimate that Bush US is COMPLICIT in about 9.6 million avoidable infant deaths on Spaceship Earth each year (26,000 daily). However complicity is not the same as actual, actionable RESPONSIBILITY.
However while Bush America cannot be held responsible for every country in the world, under International Law it is certainly responsible for all countries actually violently occupied by the US (Occupied Iraq, Occupied Afghanistan, Occupied Diego Garcia) or by its war criminal surrogates Ethiopia and Racist Zionist-run Apartheid Israel (Occupied Haiti, Occupied Palestine, Occupied Somalia).
This culpability is clearly set out in Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War (see: http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/92.htm ), QUOTE:
Article 55
To the fullest extent of the means available to it the Occupying Power has the duty of ensuring the food and medical supplies of the population; it should, in particular, bring in the necessary foodstuffs, medical stores and other articles if the resources of the occupied territory are inadequate.

The Occupying Power may not requisition foodstuffs, articles or medical supplies available in the occupied territory, except for use by the occupation forces and administration personnel, and then only if the requirements of the civilian population have been taken into account. Subject to the provisions of other international Conventions, the Occupying Power shall make arrangements to ensure that fair value is paid for any requisitioned goods.
The Protecting Power shall, at any time, be at liberty to verify the state of the food and medical supplies in occupied territories, except where temporary restrictions are made necessary by imperative military requirements.
Article 56
To the fullest extent of the means available to it, the Occupying Power has the duty of ensuring and maintaining, with the cooperation of national and local authorities, the medical and hospital establishments and services, public health and hygiene in the occupied territory, with particular reference to the adoption and application of the prophylactic and preventive measures necessary to combat the spread of contagious diseases and epidemics. Medical personnel of all categories shall be allowed to carry out their duties.
If new hospitals are set up in occupied territory and if the competent organs of the occupied State are not operating there, the occupying authorities shall, if necessary, grant them the recognition provided for in Article 18. In similar circumstances, the occupying authorities shall also grant recognition to hospital personnel and transport vehicles under the provisions of Articles 20 and 21.
In adopting measures of health and hygiene and in their implementation, the Occupying Power shall take into consideration the moral and ethical susceptibilities of the population of the occupied territory. END QUOTE.
Using data from UNICEF it can be estimated that 608,000 under-5 year old infants die ANNUALLY in the US- or US surrogate-occupied Occupied Territories listed above, 90% avoidably - i.e. 550,000 - and due to Occupier war crimes in violation of the Geneva Convention.
A quick inspection of the WHO (World Health Organization) website (see: http://www.who.int/countries/en/ ) reveals that total annual medical expenditure in US dollars permitted by the war criminal Occupiers is only $19 (Occupied Afghanistan), $82 (Occupied Haiti), $135 (Occupied Iraq), ? (Occupied Somalia) and ? (Occupied Palestinian Territory) as compared to the following hugely greater values for the racist, war-criminal, mass pedocidal US Alliance Occupier Countries: $3,123 (Australia), $3,173 (Canada), $3,040 (France), $3,171 (Germany), $2,560 (the UK) and $6.096 (the US).
Accordingly Bush, Dr Rice (aka Dr Death), Bush America and indeed ALL Bush-supporting Americans are responsible for the 550,000 avoidable under-5 infant deaths EACH YEAR in the above Occupied countries. For detailed data and analysis see "US Occupation & Terror & Occupation. War crimes & huge infant deaths": http://mwcnews.net/content/view/11968/42/ , from which one obtains the following summary data:
Year 2005 under-5 infant deaths” / “year 2005 population” is 370,000 / 29.9 million (Occupied Afghanistan); 122,000 / 28.8 million (Occupied Iraq); 82,000 / 8.2 million (Occupied Somalia); 31,000 / 8.5 million (Occupied Haiti); and 3,000 / 3.7 million (Occupied Palestinian Territory) – as compared to 1,500 / 20.2 million (Occupi-er Australia) and 800 / 6.4 million (Occupi-er Israel).
Year 2005 annual under-5 infant death rate” (i.e. as a percentage: deaths for every 100 under-5 year old infants in 2005 in a particular country) was 6.7% (Occupied Afghanistan); 2.8% (Occupied Iraq); 5.5% (Occupied Somalia); 2.7% (Occupied Haiti); and 0.47% (Occupied Palestinian Territory) – as compared to 0.12% (Occupi-er Australia) and 0.12% (Occupi-er Israel).
Total excess deaths for impoverished developing countries is about 1.4 times the total under-5 infant deaths (see "Layperson's Guide to Counting Iraq deaths": http://mwcnews.net/content/view/5872/26/ (for detailed analysis see my book "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" (copies in major libraries): http://mwcnews.net/content/view/1375/247/ and http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/ ). Accordingly annual excess deaths in the above Occupied Countries = 608,000 x 1.4 = 850,000.
THE ANSWERS to the questions posed above are that Bush America will be responsible for (a) 850,000 excess deaths in US- or US surrogate-occupied Territories in 2008 (of whom well over 50% will be kids) and (b) 550,000 avoidable under-5 infant deaths in these Occupied Territories in 2008 or 550,000/365 = 1,500 avoidable under-5 year old infant deaths DAILY.
Terrorism whether state terrorism or non-state terrorism is evil and repugnant.
Muslim-origin non-state terrorists have murdered 7,000 Western civilians in the last 40 (FORTY) years (including Israelis and assuming no US or Israeli complicity in 9/11 - ignoring the fact that in November 2007 former President and intelligence-intimate Francesco Cossiga of Italy announced unequivocally that 9/11 was due to the US CIA and Israeli Mossad) (see: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/18569/26/ ).
However the 21st century Bush Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been associated (SO FAR) with post-invasion excess deaths of 1.5-2 million and 3-6 million, respectively; post-invasion under-5 infant deaths of 0.6 million and 2.2 million, respectively; and refugees totalling 4.5 million and 4 million, respectively (see: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/19121/42/ and http://www.countercurrents.org/polya071007.htm ).
From these UN agency- and medical literature-derived figures Bush US is clearly the world's #1 terrorist state and the current world's #1 for mass murder and mass pedocide (mass murder of children).
What sort of human beings can be complicit in such mass murder? What sort of Americans are complicit in this mass murder? What sort of American WOMEN are complicit in this horrendous mass murder of BORN INFANTS? Well, George W. Bush's Secretary of State Dr Condoleezza Rice (aka Wicked Witch of the West, Dr Death), Bill Clinton's Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and Hilary Clinton for starters.
Of course ugly, racist Americans such as the Racist Religious Right Republican (R4) Bush-ites might argue that Muslim, Arab, Asian, South Asian, African, or non-European infants "don't count" (that, of course, having been continuous, sustained American policy since the time of the racist, genocidal, God-fearing first European settlers of America 500 years ago) but what about the 20,000 AMERICAN INFANTS who die avoidably EACH YEAR because of Bush policies (see "How Bush killed 100,000 American infants": http://mwcnews.net/content/view/7102/26/ ).
Bush America is undoubtedly well ahead of the rest as the world's #1 climate criminal state, and the #1 for terrorism, and mass pedocide. US state terrorism (USST), US climate criminality, and US nuclear terrorism are the #1 threats facing the world today.
Those who KNOWINGLY deny, ignore, excuse, minimize, obfuscate, support, advocate or are otherwise complicit in the mass murder of CHILDREN have crossed the line separating decent humanity from proto-Nazi barbarism, from the unthinkable but real, barbaric actuality of Bush America.
Small wonder therefore that outstanding Jewish American investor, philanthropist, author, activist, Holocaust hero and Holocaust survivor George Soros has demanded the "de-Nazification" of Bush America (see: "George Soros: Bush America needs de-Nazification": http://mwcnews.net/content/view/12714/26/ ).
What can decent people do to counter this horrendous Bush American barbarism in 2008? Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. Decent folk must (a) inform others and (b) act ethically by applying Sanctions and Boycotts in relation to all their avoidable dealings with individuals, corporations and countries complicit in this continuing mass pedocide, this continuing, remorseless Bush-ite mass murder of innocent children.
Dr Gideon Polya published some 130 works in a 4 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London, 2003). He has just published “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950” (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/1375/247/ ).

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
one dead kid is too many, in any situation., and they are dying for various reasons all across

the world, your example is 'one'.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Canadians don't want to acknowledge these arguments never mind Americans. Acknowledgement would be for instance, juxtaposing the thousands of deaths attributable to radical Islamist terrorist strikes against the World Trade Center, or the carnage developed out of individual terrorist bombers with explosives strapped to their bodies who've killed many by infiltrating gatherings and detonating these explosives, or people killed by IEDs and attacks on military installations from Lebanon to Indonesia. Simply putting the "numbers", the statistics side by side and comparing these events with the totality of the Bush America sponsored death count will never see the light of any Canadian or American national publication.

As China mentioned in his post, those who "know" say nothing......

It's more advantageous and contributory to ignore and deny duplicity in any discussion of this horrendous imbalance in responsibility. It's advantageous because you can regurgitate nonsense about Paris Hilton and O J Simpson as "news" and the shallowness of the people involved in this pap is commensurate with the shallowness of the people watching and accepting this "news" as their window on what's happening of import in their sculpted perception of the world.

Keeping this information from the taxpayers funding this killing machine permits Canadians and Americans to nod sagely at the foment of spin doctors and liars who rally stooges to trumpet the rationale of fear and "urgency" concerning the new crusade. The creeping malignancy of Islam is far easier to sustain than for instance was the creeping menace of Communism.....bodies and explosions on American and Canadian TV grant the stamp of approval on the slaughter taking place while the insidious posturing and manipulative rhetoric of the Cold War days was far weaker and necessiatated internal pogroms like McCarthyism and bumper stickers..."Better Dead than Red".....

One contributor has noted that a single child's death is too much....

The myth of radicalism must be maintained in Canada and America, with no questions being asked. No question of how whole nations of people could be manipulated into hating Americans and Westerners in general... What possible reason could these people have for celebrating the destruction of the WTC as was widely covered on CNN and other American TV networks....

Why the "reason" is obvious... These people hate America and the west because...well because they just do. There is no reason as far as Mr. and Mrs. Canada or Mr. and Mrs. America are concerned...

You keep at it Beve, keep on pretending if you wish that the people here at Canadian Content care any more about the truth or the massacres of children and innocents being conducted on their behalf with their best wishes and billions of tax dollars because you feel the need to say something...to do something to bring these facts to the table.

But remember Darkbeaver, they don't.

They're convinced that the moguls of media and the five-o'clock "news" tell them all they need to know. There is no need to think deeper or consider possibly conflicting information and statistics that might impinge on their self-assurred voluntary ignorance and can sit back like they always have and do absolutely nothing.

"Freedom" is the facility to ignore what you want when you want and that ignorance fits your fantasy. "Democracy" is a cow that can be milked by the military industrial complex to fund bigger and better wars and war machinery.

People just don't care Beve.....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Eaglesmack

I think you're taking this a little too personally. The only reason we're talking about Iraq and Afghanistan and all the other wonderful vacation spots around the globe in relation to America is because it just happens to be America that's behind the vast majority of the carnage and slaughter. Nothing personal.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah, DB, you've got to snuff out the joint and quit reading crap from "Psychiatric Patient Weekly" as if it had any relation to reality.

BTW, I am DEEPLY offended by your avatar.....a photo of your naked brain is HARDLY appropriate on a family forum.

:)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
OK Colpy

Here's your opportunity to bring the truth to the people. Prove to us that these figures and arguments are invalid and aren't an accurate reflection of the truth.

Waiting with baited breath...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
OK Colpy

Here's your opportunity to bring the truth to the people. Prove to us that these figures and arguments are invalid and aren't an accurate reflection of the truth.

Waiting with baited breath...

Mikey, the very idea that the leader of a single nation is complicit in EVERY avoidable child death on earth (which is what this idiot claims) is completely nutty.

THAt, at least, should be obvious.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colpy

Sure I agree totally, now is the arguement even with the correct information (regarding WMD vis-a-vis Iraq invaision) that many many people around the world knew at the time as did by the way several within the Bush administration...that the decision to invade Iraq was group-thing and George Bush couldn't have done anything to prevent it?

Are the stats totally wrong Colpy....and I appreciate you don't really care one way or the other about a few hundred thousand dead children....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Oh joy...another Anti-US thread to ponder. :roll:

But do you ponder it at all Smack?What's involved in the thinking is fundemental to your survival and everyother on the planet, in the end it's not about you but about an end to something evil something we wish we'ed never seen and want never to see again, it ain't really about the USofA
it's about the state of Capital of which the good ole USA is but a blunt brutal club of an appendage that mankind can no longer afford to entertain.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
How many kids is enough?

As many dead kids as it takes to save even more children.

If a rock is careening down a cliff to kill 200 children, or you can divert it (crushing 2 children) what do you do?

Let 200 children die or intervene and kill 2? What if those 2 children were part of the 200 who are going to die if you do nothing?

Would you let 200 die so you don't pick which 198 live?

Sometimes you do have to kill to save lives. Police forces ALWAYS end up killing people, but without them even more people would die.

It takes 2 sides to fight a war, if Iraq didn't really want dead babies they should stop fighting. They wont. Some of them believe in their cause. It doesn't make it ok for Iraqi's to keep killing babies, it just explains it. Likewise some American's believes just as strongly in their cause.

You can't condemn one more than the other unless you are saying you have a personal belief one is more right than the other. And thats fine if thats your belief, but don't expect people to be forced to think the same as you do. Its no different than any other idealogy from faith to politics.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't believe that people don't care, but I do believe that many people do watch the evening news, or other, and believe everything they hear and see, (or, don't believe anything, and that is sad too),and that is a grave
mistake, and very limiting to the possibly of learning in a broad sense.

My personal example is this, I learn as much as I can, but I live my life for my family and myself, as constructive and full as I can. I cannot and will not let one interfere with the
other. There isn't anything 'I' can do about the affairs of countries and military problems, etc, I can only be aware of the situation, so that I KNOW, so I am not wandering around
in a fog of ignorance.

I am not a writer, I will leave that to those more talented in that area than I, I don't have
a lot of money, so I can't travel everywhere to see for myself.

Yes, at times it is a very helpless feeling, when one has to take notice of all the strife
and horror and hunger and unfairness in the world.

But, the bottom line for me, is that, my life is good, fortunate and a life that most
people in the world would be happy to have, so I'm thankful for that.

I have my 'little' opinions on this board, which don't do anything to better the world,
but at least I am taking notice, and I am aware, and I don't sit around in a 'red neck'
circle in the mall, and rant ignorantly about how 'I' could do it better.

Reactions: Outta here

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
But do you ponder it at all Smack?What's involved in the thinking is fundemental to your survival and everyother on the planet, in the end it's not about you but about an end to something evil something we wish we'ed never seen and want never to see again, it ain't really about the USofA
it's about the state of Capital of which the good ole USA is but a blunt brutal club of an appendage that mankind can no longer afford to entertain.

Something you wish you'd never seen or see again? War? Is that what you mean. Ever since man picked up a club we've had wars and we will not stop.

So if the USA stops being the way it is war will stop? All wars? For sake of argument...lets just say you are right and the USA finally does what the world wants. Which is crawl into a hole and die. :lol: Do all wars stop? Does the world finally get along?

Sure I ponder. But the self rightousness that continually gets flushed down here from north of our border is numbing. Not the numb you feel after being hit but the numb you feel after being lectured by people who claim to have all the answers and only they have the answers.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Eaglesmack

Who is responsible in the end? When a nation could make a difference and don't bother to hold their governments responsible who's responsible? When a nation continues to forge ahead with the credo that it's foreign policy should reflect their values and their perceptions..."walk softly and carry a big stick".... who more correctly owns the outcomes from failed policies and belicose arrogance?

Canada is the great "hanger-on" albatross of the United States, and you'll never get an argument from me regarding that truth. The people of Canada enjoy the "security" of living next to the bully-on-the-block and only rarely ever demonstrate resistance to the negative aspects of this beneficial allegiance. the Cretin (Jean Chretien) didn't involve Canada's military (for whatever miniscule difference that could have made..) and it's smug-self-satisfaction perhaps that many claim when it comes to heaping scorn on America and America's foreign policies and behaviour. The truth is never that simple or easy and while the decision making process of whether or not Canada is involved in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere else is made by the defense industry and it's gluttony at the potential for hansome profits....the people are (like most Americans I'm sure) the last to know when the decision is made to support our "friends and neighbors" in an action of dubious credibility. You folk re-elected the military junta that controls the Whitehouse and the Pentagon.... We're (Canada) happy to supply uranium and various other weapons in the events we're associated with...a measure of duplicity indeed but duplicity emerging from greed and corporate interests that manipulate governments. It's simply too easy to suggest or believe that Americans as a whole were naive enough to believe that Saddam Hussein was involved in the terrorism of 9/11, but nonethe less sufficient numbers of Americans supported this action and we are all now living with the results. Who is in control of America Eaglesmack? Is it the military-industrial complex that one of your presidents identified as the evil lurking within American society or is it the people?

You know the answer and would rather it seems lay the blame for criticism at the door of Canadians who also know. All we can do is criticize and with the obvious apathy of Canadians when it comes to nearly everything....that's par for the course. I'm sorry that Canadians aren't prepared to do more than dunk donuts at Timmy's and whine about what's going on...but that's Canada for you.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Eaglesmack

Who is responsible in the end? When a nation could make a difference and don't bother to hold their governments responsible who's responsible? When a nation continues to forge ahead with the credo that it's foreign policy should reflect their values and their perceptions..."walk softly and carry a big stick".... who more correctly owns the outcomes from failed policies and belicose arrogance?

Canada is the great "hanger-on" albatross of the United States, and you'll never get an argument from me regarding that truth. The people of Canada enjoy the "security" of living next to the bully-on-the-block and only rarely ever demonstrate resistance to the negative aspects of this beneficial allegiance. the Cretin (Jean Chretien) didn't involve Canada's military (for whatever miniscule difference that could have made..) and it's smug-self-satisfaction perhaps that many claim when it comes to heaping scorn on America and America's foreign policies and behaviour. The truth is never that simple or easy and while the decision making process of whether or not Canada is involved in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere else is made by the defense industry and it's gluttony at the potential for hansome profits....the people are (like most Americans I'm sure) the last to know when the decision is made to support our "friends and neighbors" in an action of dubious credibility. You folk re-elected the military junta that controls the Whitehouse and the Pentagon.... We're (Canada) happy to supply uranium and various other weapons in the events we're associated with...a measure of duplicity indeed but duplicity emerging from greed and corporate interests that manipulate governments. It's simply too easy to suggest or believe that Americans as a whole were naive enough to believe that Saddam Hussein was involved in the terrorism of 9/11, but nonethe less sufficient numbers of Americans supported this action and we are all now living with the results. Who is in control of America Eaglesmack? Is it the military-industrial complex that one of your presidents identified as the evil lurking within American society or is it the people?

You know the answer and would rather it seems lay the blame for criticism at the door of Canadians who also know. All we can do is criticize and with the obvious apathy of Canadians when it comes to nearly everything....that's par for the course. I'm sorry that Canadians aren't prepared to do more than dunk donuts at Timmy's and whine about what's going on...but that's Canada for you.

America elects who it sees fit. The lesser of two (sometimes three) evils a lot of the time. It is the way it is. We are not a socialist state, we are a republic.

Where you lose me is calling the Bush Admin a military junta. That tells me you have an axe to grind. Buzz words like that causes people like me to just roll my eyes and say...

"Here comes another one."

The idea of the majority of Americans thought Saddam was responsible for 9/11 is flawed. Not one of the people I know thought anything other than Osama. We talked about Al-Queda...Bin Laden. Then all of a sudden we here about

"Most Americans think Saddam did it."

Huh? No Americans I know think that. Where are they conducting these polls? Who are these millions of Americans?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
"You keep at it Beve, keep on pretending if you wish that the people here at Canadian Content care any more about the truth or the massacres of children and innocents being conducted on their behalf with their best wishes and billions of tax dollars because you feel the need to say something...to do something to bring these facts to the table.

But remember Darkbeaver, they don't."

They don't now perhaps, but when they get hungry and all the little pickets that mark thier's from ours have been burned and the burgers and fries are all gone, they will, we have officially entered recession in the US ofA as of a few days ago, in less than eighteen months that will become depression a short time after that the fascism of American life will come home to roost, they will laugh and chortle and ridicule no more.Thier silence will be complete and thier flag and nation will be visited by the carnage they have sown over the years of thier miserable existance. If I know anything of history, it's this you can call the tunes for only so long before the dance is over you must pay the piper.When the partys over the pain will be exquisite. I have no unrealistic expectations about my posting here at Triple C , I just enjoy the reflections, and they as you know mirror perfectly the histories of imperial decline and eventual passage into oblivion. Read the wall, hahaha, the message was scribbled on it long before any of us were born, it's just as true as it was then and nothing can change that.:smile: