How Canada is Developing the World's Most Advanced Nuclear Technology

professorgooseyt

Jun 21, 2021
Thought this video about Canada's Small Modular Reactor technology and Deep Geological Repositories might be interesting!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
If the government bans the use of fossil fuels, then nuclear is the only way we'll be able to have reliable power. Wind mills & solar will not provide what we require on a daily basis.

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave and petros

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nuclear Power plants cannot blow up like a nuclear bomb, it's impossible. This is because a nuclear bomb requires weapons grade Uranium (~90% U235) while Canadian CANDU reactors use natural uranium (<1% U235).

Huuumm tell that to the folks living around the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant..

Look, Nuclear Power is clean energy and fairly safe.. best alternative to coal, gas or oil. I like Nuclear power and think that Alberta needs high speed Internet everywhere, nuclear, solar and wind and an oil refinery that can deal with Oil Sands sludge

Reactions: Dixie Cup

professorgooseyt

Jun 21, 2021
Huuumm tell that to the folks living around the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant..

Look, Nuclear Power is clean energy and fairly safe.. best alternative to coal, gas or oil.
Chernobyl experienced a steam explosion from vaporized and pressurized water. This is different from a nuclear explosion. So while chernobyl did explode, it did not explode like a nuclear bomb. Source: https://world-nuclear.org/informati...rity/safety-of-plants/chernobyl-accident.aspx

It is impossible by the laws of physics for a nuclear reactor to explode in the same way that a nuclear bomb does.

But yes, I agree that nuclear is clean and safe and a good alternative to fossil fuels.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Chernobyl experienced a steam explosion from vaporized and pressurized water. This is different from a nuclear explosion. So while chernobyl did explode, it did not explode like a nuclear bomb. Source: https://world-nuclear.org/informati...rity/safety-of-plants/chernobyl-accident.aspx

It is impossible by the laws of physics for a nuclear reactor to explode in the same way that a nuclear bomb does.

But yes, I agree that nuclear is clean and safe and a good alternative to fossil fuels.

However still dangerous..

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
NO NUKES in Canada.
Nuclear power plants aren't "nukes".

Plus, I have a solution for nuclear waste. For $1 million a shot you cram a small capsule full of the shit and launch it into space with the Space Gun. Space is full of really big, bad, nasty radioactive shit so it's not like we'd be "polluting" space with it.

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer