How about them Canucks!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
7 in a row...........are they real or have they just had easy competition?

I will jump on the bandwagon when they get to fifteen in a row......I hope they can do it.:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Canucks won their last two games, even though they didn't play well in either one.

Hopefully on Thursday against Minnesota they play better, as it is a divisional game, and

very important.

Luongo played brilliantly in game before last,but last night gave up two easy goals, said in his

interview that he felt tired in last period, has had four games in a row fairly close, so maybe the

coach should think about that, Luongo is only human, needs to focus and be sharp every minute, a tired

player can't do that.

Anyway, we escaped our mistakes last night, and got ourselves another win, good for them.

GO CANUCKS GO

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Well, the Canucks are back to normal. They got whupped 5-2 by Minnesota.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If you scroll up a little, I mentioned that we have to watch out for Minnesota when Gaborik returns,

well, tonight was the night, and Minnesota is a team to be reckoned with, they played a poor game

against Calgary two nights ago, and tomorrow they play Edmonton, so we'll see how that goes. If

Canucks want to be ahead of them and Calgary at the end of the regular season, they will have to

pick it up a little more, as Minnesota have more scoring talent than we do, and they are one of the

best defensive teams in the NHL, and Fernandez is probably a good as Luongo on any given night.

Most of the people who write in about the Canucks seem to be very surprised when they do well,

and satisfied when they fail, as then they can make fun of them again, remember there 29 other

teams out there, who all want to win too, it is not easy, and the Canucks aren't a "poor" team, they

are somewhere in the middle of the pack in the NHL, and I wouldn't bet on any team right now, although

I guess you have to give the nod to Buffalo, and Anaheim right now, but anything can happen.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
What a day of hockey, so many games.

Canucks were in first place again, (for about 2 hrs.) until Calgary won their game, which put them one point up on us again.

And, isn't it such a "rush" to beat Toronto, the "so called" centre of the universe,
well, "in their own minds" anyway.

Great win.

GO CANUCKS GO

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Funny,

I would have thought Toronto a better team than Minnesota. I guess any team can have an off night. The Canucks have enough of them.:|

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
The problem with Toronto is they are lazy. They believe the "center of the universe" thing and sometimes think they don't need to bring their game face with them to work. Bad work ethic. T.O. could not make playoffs for 20 years and still sellout and make oodles of money for the Ontario teacher's pension fund.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Funny,

I would have thought Toronto a better team than Minnesota. I guess any team c
an have an off night. The Canucks have enough of them.:|

Toronto, (or Vancouver) don't have a player like Gaborik, and Toronto don't
have a goalie like Fernandez, he can keep Minnesota in any game for awhile,
if they are not playing well, just like Luongo can for Vancouver.
Toronto can be very fiesty and play hard, but sooner or later their lack of
a couple of really talanted forwards, just like Vancouver need, will do them in.
Gaborik has five goals since returning to the lineup, and he's not even playing his best yet.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
4 - 0 over Montreal is good. They next play Ottawa and Buffalo, we'll see how they do against arguably, two of the best teams in the league.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yeah, Canucks played a "pure" team game last night, and Luongo was solid.

Montreal got very frustrated, couldn't stick to their team game, got very unorganized, and their
goalie didn't look "sharp"

Montreal fans were "vicious' on their own team, lots of booing, I felt sorry for them, and there
were lots of Canuck fans at the game as well.

Ottawa are "hot" right now, so we will have to be very solid defensively, and Luongo will have to be
good.

But, so will Ottawa, if their defense let's up at any time, we will capitalize.

Hope Calgary lose to Dallas tonight, then we will hold first place for a few more days.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yeah, Canucks played a "pure" team game last night, and Luongo was solid.

Montreal got very frustrated, couldn't stick to their team game, got very unorganized, and their
goalie didn't look "sharp"

Montreal fans were "vicious' on their own team, lots of booing, I felt sorry for them, and there
were lots of Canuck fans at the game as well.

Ottawa are "hot" right now, so we will have to be very solid defensively, and Luongo will have to be
good.

But, so will Ottawa, if their defense let's up at any time, we will capitalize.

Hope Calgary lose to Dallas tonight, then we will hold first place for a few more days
Calgary did lose to Dallas tonight, so we are still in 1st place.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
2 - 1 over Ottawa

They looked pretty good till the third period when they sat on a 2 - 1 lead, but a win is a win..:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is Luongo possessed?

He must be. I was sure Heatley was going to jam that puck in during the third period when Luongo had just stopped it with the left pad. Took a long time for the ref to blow the damn whistle. Luongo is very cool headed, and the team plays with a lot more confidence with him in the net.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
boy, shots on goal way lobsided, but we killed penalties in first period, then 5 on 3 later, and they
didn't think about shooting at all in the third, so that's the way it goes, Ottawa has so much fire
power,we had to check so so close, and we did.

they played well, kept Ottawa off their game most of the game, super defense.

Everybody is doing their job. Can you believe Bulis wanting to play with twins or be traded,
how swell headed is that.
He did same thing in Montreal, then same thing in Washington, oh well, can't please em all.

Wonder if Luongo will play tomorrow, bet he does. Buffalo is very fast, but not that big, it will
be interesting.
Our team could be a little tired tomorrow, all the more reason to play Luongo.

LETS GO CANUCKS

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well, how exciting was that!!!

Too bad that face off got screwed up, so that Bulis had to take it, (and it's not his fault), but
when morrison got kicked out of the circle, there was no other centre to do it. There was only
40 some odd seconds left in game, and they got that tieing goal, oh well, we'll live.

7 out of 8 points on that road trip is awsome, and they should be very proud of themselves.
Luongo is off to the all star game.

The new NHL uniforms will be "presented" during all star week, if you saw Crosby in the Province
modelling it, it looked great.

Enjoy All star week everybody.

GO CANUCKS GO

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Oh, boy, were down, then were up. what a team. Last game was horrible, Luongo almost won that
game for us too.

Tonight thought it was going to be the same, started out that way, but they did manage to grind
their way into the game, and make some sort of impact, sure Luongo still won the game for them,
but there was some bright spots, and they played a solid last period, so "good for them".

Hope they can make some kind of "deal" to get a good forward somewhere along the way.

LETS GO CANUCKS

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Guess I'm just talking to myself on this thread, but that OK.

Good game with Oilers tonight, Canucks played a strong "team" game. All players were contributors,
and that resulted in a "victory".

We play Calgary Saturday, then Edmonton again, so on and on it goes, every game is so important.
As well as we have played since Xmas, we are still barely out in front in our division, but we ARE
in first place right now.

Luongo is our KING, and Nonis did well for all of us when he acquired him, now they can continue to
build a better team around him.

GO CANUCKS GO

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Great game tonight. Beauty goal by Salo and we're back in 3rd in the conference!